Chapter Four

Why Did You?

 

While Jessica was sleeping in my arms, I was staring out at the sky wondering how so many things happened in such so little time. Who knew I was going to meet Jessica? Who knew I would still have feelings for her? It all just happened so fast.
 
It was starting to get cold and I didn't want to wake her up so I carried her all the way home and laid her on the mattress. I went downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee as I the TV to watch the news. Before I could turn the channel, I mentioned me about how I'm one of the single bachelorette that every person is crushing over. Heh. These people seriously don't know how wrong they are. I keep watching to see if they say anything about Jessica but they say something that hurt me. Instead of Jessica, they show me casually talking to my closest friend and idol singer that we have a scandal and may possibly be dating. They took pictures of me holding Tiff's hand across the table while I was smiling and she was doing the brightest eye smile anyone has seen. They had the whole story wrong. I was thanking Tiffany while congratulating Tiffany on being engaged to Taeyeon. Taeyeon was there at the restaurant too so even they could ask her, it was just that Taeyeon was out to the bathroom.  But Jess didn't think like that.
 
"You lied!"
 
"Jessica! When did you wake up?"
 
"That doesn't matter. I thought you said you didn't love anyone?"
 
I ran her trying to explain everything to her but she didn't bother listening. Both of us had streams of tears coming down our tears and I was holding her as if my life depended on it. It really was. I asked her if she alone and I let her go. I had no idea what to do. I was contemplating to call the press to tell them me and Tiff weren't dating but it may just get worse. There was only one thing I could do. I had to call Tiffany and Taeyeon over.
 
It was already 8:00 at night and Jessica stayed in her room all day. The only time she came out was when I was outside to get a connection to call Tiff to come over and she went to the refrigerator to get some food. No matter how mad someone is, they are bound to get hungry. I was waiting for Tiffany and Taeyeon to come as soon as possible. It wasn't until 9 o clock until they've arrived. I invited them in and as they sat in the living room I got out my spare key and unlocked the bedroom. Jessica was surprised on how I got in and I showed her the keys. I told her I wanted her to meet a few people and she refused. I huffed and grabbed her hand. I led her down the staircase and she looked at who they were. She recognized Tiffany and tried to make a run for it but I stopped her from doing so and pointed at Taeyeon and how those two were holding hands. She stopped and let me lead the way.
 
We sat down across from the Taeny couple and Tiffany was staring right at Jessica. I didn't know what kind of stare it was, either a glare for breaking my heart or satisfaction of finally seeing who I've loved for years. Both me and Taeyeon got chills down our spines. It was like a staring battle between the two Americans. I tried to break the staring by calling out the two but it seemed to have failed. It wasn't until Taeyeon got up from her seat and greeted Jessica. Jessica looked up from her seat and said a cold "Hi."
 
I went down to business and said Tiffany and Taeyeon are engaged. Jessica looked straight in the eyes. I already know what she wanted to say and I said it was okay before she could say anything. It seemed she eased a bit and she rested her head on my shoulder. I put my arm on her knee and looked at the Taeny couple asking them how they were. They said they were doing better than ever. What shocked me was that Tiffany was planning on quitting the entertainment business.  She said it was for the sake of Taeyeon and her marriage. Being an idol was too hard and although she loved singing and being on stage to perform, she’s willing to sacrifice that just to be with Taeyeon. That was the kind of relationship I was willing to give to Jessica. I would sacrifice everything just to have her happy and smiling from day to day for the rest of her life. 
 
It was already12 o’ clock and we were still talking but it was mostly Tiffany asking Jess and me questions like how we first met and how Tiff was trying to get to know Jessica better. I have no idea how, but those two seemed to get along really well despite their different personalities. Taeyeon had asked me to talk privately when those two were chatting away and agreed. I smiled when Taeyeon asked for some help on building a house. Of course, I agreed and we went down to work. I led Tae to my office and got out my blue prints and laptop. I asked her many questions for what she wanted in a house and she described it to me as if she has the perfect house in mind. I was done planning on paper and began to design it on my laptop to show her what her house would look like. She tweaked a few things and we were done. I told her this will approximately take about 4 months if she wanted this right away with little breaks and their sleep would have to be very little. She told me she wanted this in under 6 months and that was final. I agreed under the circumstances and I told her I’ll have my best people on the job. In half a month I’ll soon have a neighbor.
 
The other two girls knocked on the door and came asking us why we were in the office. I told them it was a favor and they nodded knowing it must’ve been private with the look of our faces. Tiffany told me she wants to sleep and I offered her to sleep here. They wouldn’t arrive to Seoul until daylight and it was dangerous. I reasoned with the couple and they agreed to stay since it was a Saturday tomorrow, or more like today, and Tiffany cleared her schedule tomorrow anyways for some relaxation. 
 
I had those two sleep in the guest room that was 4 doors away from mines and gave them some clothes to change into. Tiffany laughed when Taeyeon came out with one the set of pjs I lent her. The buttoned shirt reached just above her knees and she had to keep hold of her pants. If she had let go for a second then it would drop to her ankles. I asked Jessica if she had a set she could lend to Taeyeon seeing how my clothes are too big for Taeyeon and Tiffany could always adjust to it. Jess could always use my clothes anyways. Jessica went to go check and she came back and handed to Taeyeon. When Taeyeon came back, it actually fitted her. These dangshins need to stick together, don’t they?
 
Both Jessica and I said goodnight to the couple and closed the door. I went to the closet and gave Jessica my largest buttoned shirt that was comfortable to wear. I was patiently waiting for her by reading one of my self help books until my jaw dropped when she opened the door. From head to toe, she was so… so….so… y. She was eyeing me seductively and climbed into bed. She immediately hugged my waist as I put my arm around her to bring her closer to me and pecked her lips. She pouted and I grinned ever so innocently.  I was taken back when she jumped on me and smacked my lips with hers. I flinched when my back had hit the headboard. I flipped our positions and she harshly bit my lip. I let out a groan as she slid her tongue into my mouth. We were exploring each other’s mouth until she broke for air. I laid her down on her back and she knew what was going to happen next. I dug into the crook of her neck as I shut off the light from our nightstand and did wonders.
 
It was 10 o’ clock in the morning and I was the first one up out of the 4. Even when it was this late I wake up early. I look at my side to find my angel sleeping peacefully. I wrap the blanket around her and went to the bathroom to shower. 
 
I got out of the shower and came out from the bathroom with the towel around my neck. Jessica was no where to be seen. I searched frantically everywhere until I felt a pair of arms around me. She was resting her head on my back. I could tell already she was . I asked if everything was okay and she shook her head. We stayed like that until I heard Tiffany’s voice calling my name and the doorknob turned. I panicked and used the towel that was around my neck to cover Jess’s body by wrapping it around her. I was too late when Tiffany saw me wrapping the towel but it looked like I was taking it off. She dropped her jaw and said, “OH MY GOD” and covered her eyes. Taeyeon came running to see what the commotion was about and did the same as Tiffany. I tried to hide Jessica with my arms spread out and covered her with my entire body.
 
The two closed the door and I heard one sentence that made me face palm. “Sorry we disturbed your time.” I gave Jessica one of my shirts and a pair of the smallest pair of pants I have. I seriously have to do some shopping. I can’t just have her borrow all of my clothes. Although, she doesn’t seem to complain. When Jessica went to the bathroom I went downstairs to make myself some coffee. As I was stirring clockwise, the Taeny couple came in and gave me a sinister smirk. I already know what’s in stock for me next. Taeyeon started off the conversation with, “ I never knew maknae had it in her. Did you?”
 
“Not at all! My baby’s all big and grown up!”
 
“They grow up so fast.”
 
“We didn’t do anything!”
 
"Really? Then why was she freaking half ?!"
 
"Cause I was covering her from you to see her !"
 
"Why was she in the first place?"
 
"..."
 
"What'd you do?"
 
"Maknae did it with her!"
 
"How could you do it when we're in just 4 rooms away from you?"
 
"What'd you expect me to do? She was so tempting... Tae, wouldn't you want to do it with Tiff if she was just wearing one giant see through shirt and nothing underneath it?"
 
"...Maknae's got a point."
 
"TAENG!"
 
"Can we not talk about this anymore? I don't want Jess to hear this conversation..."
 
"Mmh. But don't think just because you guys did it while me and Taengoo were on the same floor doesn't mean you won't get a punishment."
 
"Fine. Do whatever. Just don't do anything to Jess."
 
The conversation ended like that and I grabbed the daily newspaper as I took a sip from my mug as Tiff and Tae went to the living room to watch a movie. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and knew it was Sica's. I continued reading my newspaper and felt a pair of arm wrap loosely around my neck. I turned my head and felt a light peck on the other side of where my head turned. I folded the newspaper and set it on the dining table. I grabbed the small hands that were on my chest and pulled her onto my lap. She gave me a light peck on the cheek and smiled.
 
“Did you miss me?”
 
“I missed you so much!”
 
“Oh really now? But didn’t you see me this morning?”
 
“Yes, but even one second away from you makes me lonely.”
 
“Yo newly weds! We’re gonna go home now!”
 
“Hm? Leaving already?”
 
“Yeah, we need to go shopping for Tiffany.”
 
“Then we’ll come along.”
 
“We will?”
 
“You can’t just wear those clothes over and over again. They look so worn out.”
 
“ I could always wear your clothes”
 
“Yeah, but not outside.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“I don’t want anyone seeing you like that.”
 
“Like what.”
 
“Like last night. Only I can see you like that.”
 
“Ahem. So are you going or not.”
 
I looked at Jessica and she reluctantly nodded. I smiled cheekily and finished my cup of coffee. I patted Jessica’s toosh and we went upstairs to get dressed. I was dressing in the bathroom in the guest room when I heard a knock on the door. It was probably Jessica so I opened the door asking for help. She looked me from head to toe as if in a trance. Then I realized, she doesn’t have a tv. After I left her, I became rather famous because of my work in the agriculture business and became number 1. Then there was an incident where I was singing in a small café a long time ago, even before I met Jessica. They said I was “unique” and “interesting”
 
I was in a disguise because of the paparazzi and my disguise was kind of weird. I was dressed as a guy about my age. I didn’t have any make up right now and trying to get into the clothes but this chest thing was tight and big so I needed help putting on my shirt. I already got my undershirt on but I just seem can’t to button it. I told Jessica why I was dressed as a guy and she nodded. She came over to me and helped me button my shirt. She then helped me with my wig, facial hair, and make up, all of which I thanked her. She took a step back and carefully examined me. “You look nice”
 
We went downstairs hand in hand. I turned to find Taeyeon and Tiffany in their costumes. We were told to keep a costume with us at all times.  You never know when you need them. I learned that the hard way. 
 
“You guys are famous too?”
 
“Oh you have much more to learn about us.”