"Tell Yourself You Tasted As Many As You Could."

Why That Might Be

 

He undoes another button on his shirt and runs his hand through his hair, tousling it a little. Messy, but attractive. He downs the last of his drink and nods to the bartender after he'd muttered words of encouragement to go after her. The bartender, Onew, knows him as a regular now. A few years his senior and with a smile that has the ladies on their knees, they're the perfect players. Onew slaps his back in a friendly manner and leaves, sending a wink over his shoulder.
 
Jonghyun smirks again and wipes his lips as he gets up, strolling over to the girl he will have tonight, and then never see again.
The young girl, who couldn't be much older than twenty, was dancing with her friends. Jonghyun watches her for a moment to see what type she is. She dances more timidly than her friends, constantly looking over her shoulder to see who's watching, but never sees him. He's seen enough of this type to easily tell - she's a newbie. Jonghyun smirks to himself - he's got good prey this time.
 
He makes his way over to her group of friends and uses his charm the way most innocent girls would prefer - the cool guy with a cute smile. He makes sure he isn't overpowering with his put on personality, but strong enough for her to begin to fancy him. He works his magic and offers to buy her a drink, and another, and another, and soon, she's right in his net.
 
When she's loosened up and obviously tipsy, he makes his move and pushes his lips to hers, which she immediately responds to, giving him what he wants. As he kisses her, a familiar flare of guilt shoots through his core, though he doesn't know the reason.
 
Is it because she's so innocent?
 
Is it because he knows he's going to break her?
 
Is it because he's still in love with Hajoon?
 
No. No. Yes.
 
Her innocence means nothing to him. He doesn't care.
 
He doesn't care that this girl will hurt. She doesn't know what hurt is. He's been hurt.
 
He doesn't care that he's still in love with Hajoon, because he knows that'll never change.
 
Why might that be?
 
Life did this. Life broke him, and that's why he's like this.
 
The broken become the breakers.
 
The hated become the haters.
 
The hurt become the hurters.
 
That's why he's like this.