'Cause you should be my lady

If We Just Know that We Belong to Each Other.. (A twisted story of Wedding Dress MV)

Today. Is. The. DAY.

August 19, 2006, our debut day. And also after exactly one month will be HyeRin’s birthday.

After waiting for a couple of weeks, today has finally come. Today, I mean, tonight is the 10th YG Family Concert and we are going to make our debut here.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!  \(^O^)/

We are here inside the dressing room, getting fixed by our stylist noonas. I wonder why HyeRin’s still not here yet. She said she’ll come here to cheer for us.

 “Yah, Maknae, stop singing. You’ll ruin your voice for later.” JiYong smacked SeungRi’s arm.

“Ack! That hurts, hyung. Oh, YoungBae hyung, I thought HyeRin will come?”

“Yeah.. I thought so too. She’s not replying to my messages and her phone is out of reach. I don’t know how else should I contact her.”

“She’s been missing in action again like the last time, huh? She didn’t even greet me for my birthday yesterday. Not going to our dorm yesterday for the little celebration is forgivable. But no calls or texts at all for a simple greeting are just disappointing.” JiYong said.

What could have happen again? Does that Jang SeungHyun has something to do with this again? Aigoo. I should have asked her to be my girlfriend the last time we met. But I think it’s too early. She’s still studying and I still have a long way to go to meet her standards. Hello, after her graduation in college she’ll take up medicine. And then she’ll become a doctor. Of course, I still have an ego. Every guy has. I want to be the guy who suits her. I don’t want other people to think that she does all the work after sometime we marry. And, she has a very bright future, yeah, I can see that. She is determined to finish her course with flying colours. Ever since we were kids, she had dreamt of being a doctor. And I don’t want to ruin that dream of hers. So I’ll wait for myself and for her to be ready and stable.

“Guys, it’s your turn in any minute now. Hurry. Go to the backstage. Fighting!” One of the production crews yelled from the doorway.

“BIGBANG, BIGBANG, BIGBANG, FIGHTING!”

* * *

“.. YG’s first idol group, BIGBANG!”

As soon as we went up onstage, the screams got louder. WOW. I never thought that we were anticipated this much. While performing Lalala, someone caught my attention. No, not just someone. 2 people caught my attention. They are at the front most VIP seats. They wore a black shirt with neon green DONG YOUNGBAE IS THE BEST printed on it. I can’t stop smiling seeing how sweet these two could be. I noticed JiYong looking at me and through his eyes I know what is in his mind. He raised his eyebrows twice while grinning after singing—rapping, rather—his part. Yes, he is teasing me.

 He walked behind me and whispered.

“Are you surprised? Well, I am.”

Yeah, we’re doing that while performing. That’s how professional we are at an early age. LOL.

I nodded like it’s a part of the choreo.

Of course! I am surprised! I thought she won’t show up ever again! All the strength I used to finally confess to her, I thought it will be all wasted. But then.. she’s here with Chloe.. supporting us, BIGBANG, today in our debut.. Especially ME.

But, I wonder why she didn’t make any contact with us. Hmm..

* * *

“Good job everyone! Thanks for all your hard work!” JiYong exclaimed as we got in the dressing room and started bowing in front of everyone. As the members of the group, we followed our leader and showed gratitude to the staffs and coordinators.

We are now packing our things since the show has already ended.

“Oh, my bracelet. Where’s that? Ah. Where’s SeungRi?” JiYong asked.

“He’s not here?” I asked too as I look around.

“Oh. Right. I haven’t seen him ever since we started cleaning up.” SeungHyun hyung said.

“Aish. That maknae.”

“He told me that he has to look for something a while ago then he went out.” DaeSung said after yawning.

“MWO!? Aigoo. I should have not lent him my bracelet if I knew that he’ll just lose it.” JiYong hurriedly went to the door and as soon as he opened it, coincidently, SeungRi was there, just about to enter.

“Ai—oh? HyeRin-ah.” His raging voice suddenly switched into sweet, high-pitched one. “Come in.” He opens up the door widely, letting her to enter. “And you? Where have you been? Where’s my bracelet?” He is now talking to SeungRi.

“It’s here hyung.” He lifted his hands to show the bracelet to him. “I just went outside to fetch that YoungBae hyung’s fangirl.” He pointed HyeRin with his index finger.

“Hul. I texted you to meet me there so I can give you that bracelet. Actually Chloe saw that—“ She paused as SeungRi covered .

“Ehehe. At least it’s not lost, hyung.” SeungRi said, smiling like a BABO. :DD

“Aigoo, that’s what you get from being too excited when performing.” SeungHyun hyung said, then imitating SeungRi’s hyperactive dances while we were performing.

“Yah. Mwoya?” HyunSuk hyung came in.

Everyone bowed, thus making SeungHyun hyung stop what he was doing.

“You want to perform more, Big SeungHyun?”

“Ah, no, Sajangnim. Joeseonghamnida.”

“Uh-huh.” He crossed his arms and looked around. “You guys did a great job. There is still something you lack, though. You have to find it out as soon as possible so you can improve it. I understand you guys since you’re just starting and all and I’m hoping that the next performances would be better. Understood?”

“Neh, Sajangnim.”

“Okay. Go home safely.” He then went out of our dressing room.

“Neh.”

As soon as he stepped out, we continued doing our own businesses.

“You need help?”

“Oh? HyeRin, no. I’m fine. I’ll be finished soon.”

“Oh, okay.”

“HyeRin, I need help. Come here.”

“Huh? Oh.” She went to SeungHyun hyung.“Eh? But you are finished.”

“No. I need help. I need help in getting up. Because I have fallen for you.” He said, fooling around.

I glanced at him and saw that he was kneeling in one knee in front of the blushing HyeRin who just scoffed.

‘Ayieeeee~” They were teased by everyone.

“Yah, YoungBae-ah, you should do something like this or else I’ll “HELP” him.” HyeRin called out.

“But—“

“HyeRin, will you help me find the glue? And help me fix my broken heart?” Daesung acted like hurting.

HyeRin chuckled and shook her head.

“Yah, HyeRin. I need help too.” SeungRi yelled.

“What?”

“I need your help because I can’t find someone like you.”

“Ehhh.” Everyone seemed to disagree with SeungRi.

“Ish.” Maknae said, embarrassed.

JiYong, who is in front of me then whispered, like talking to himself.

“HyeRin, I need help too. I need to forget you but I can’t seem to.”

That made me to pause on what I was doing and looked at him. It was like he was waiting for me to look at him with that grin in his face.

“Kidding.” He then threw his towel to my face.

“Aish. Yah!”

“Yah, JiYong. It’s your turn.” Manager hyung called, enjoying what’s happening.

“Oh? Ah. Sure.” He looked at me then to HyeRin. “HyeRin, I need you……

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…to be my best friend’s girl.”

* * *

We were on our way to our dorm. Though she insisted, we let HyeRin hitch a ride in our van.

“Oh right. I forgot to ask. What were you doing these past few days, huh? You’re phone is out of reach.” I asked her.

“Oh.. I’m sorry but.,. actually.. my phone was lost.”

“Oh, why?”

“I don’t know. It was lost. How should I know?”

“Stop being sarcastic! Aish. You still can’t get rid of being careless, eh?”

“Yeah, you’re so careless that you forgot my birthday.” JiYong said.

“Ah. Yeah. I mean, honestly, yeah, I forgot about it since, I told , you, my phone was lost so there’s nothing to remind me. But, I remembered that this morning.” She said while getting something from her bag. “Here. Happy birthday! Happy birthday yesterday! I’m sorry, that’s all I can give.”

On her hands were a square thing wrapped in a wrapper (of course), a rectangular case and a cute, petite box.

“Oh thanks. Y-you don’t have to.. you know.. you don’t.. have to give me.. presents.”

“Ayyy. So you’re putting this to waste?”

“No no no no no no. Thanks!” JiYong snatched those things on her hands. “What are these?”

He started to unwrap the wrapped one. Out came a big blue notebook.

“Oh. Just what I wanted.” He flipped it open and on the first page, something is written.

Kwon JiYong, continue writing songs that everyone will like! Fighting~

-정혜린(Jung HyeRin)☺

He smiled. “Sure, I will.”

He then opened the rectangular case. “Oh?”

Everyone looked at what’s inside the box. It’s a pen.

“Oh, there’s something engraved.” SeungRi, who’s beside him, pointed it. HyeRin then facepalmed.

“J-Jing..yo? JingYo?” JiYong said.

All of us laughed.

“Aish. It’s the engraver’s fault! I clearly wrote JIYONG on the paper!” HyeRin defended.

“It’s cute.” He smiled warmly.

“JingYo hyung! Kkkkk~” SeungRi shouted.

“Yah! SeungRi, keep quiet!” Manager hyung scolded him from the driver’s seat.

“And it’s not cute when you say it.” SeungHyun hyung stuck his tongue out.

“What’s in that box then?” I asked out of curiosity.

“A notebook… then a pen.. maybe that one is a one-year supply ink.” DaeSung said.

“Oh.. right. I should have bought that instead.” HyeRin said.

“Oh, I thought my guess was correct.”

JiYong opened the box, and as soon as it opened, the aroma made our head gather together around the box.

“A doughnut?” SeungHyun hyung asked.

“YAH!” JiYong smacked SeungHyun hyung’s arms that was about to snatch the doughnut. “This is MINE.”

“Oh, hyung. Can I have just one bite? I’m craving.”

“Sorry, Maknae. I’ll buy you some other time.”

“You can’t buy it anywhere.” I looked at HyeRin. “You made this, right?”

“Uh.. Yes..?”

“How did you know that JiYong hyung loves doughnuts?” DaeSung asked.

“Eh? He does? To be honest, I’m clueless about that. I just thought that cakes and cupcakes are too mainstream for birthdays.”

“Hmm.. How about me? What will you give me for my birthday?” SeungHyun hyung asked with aegyo. Aish. This hyung, deceiving my HyeRin.

“YAH! Still three months to go hyung! We should think about what we should give to her because her birthday is nearer than yours!” Jiyong said.

"When is your birthday?" SeungRi asked her.

"Uh.. September."

"September what?" Daesung, SeungRi and SeungHyun hyun asked. Haha! I guess it's only JiYong and I who knew it.

"Secret." She said, sticking her tongue out. "Oh, you can just drop me here guys. There's the street to our house."

"Eh?" 

As soon as the van stopped, she thanked our manager hyung and hopped outside.

"Bye! Thanks guys! And Congratulations!" She waved with both hands.

"Bye, HyeRin! Sleep well tonight!"

* * *

Heyo~ Sorry for the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong hiatus. Here's an update! Thanks for waiting patiently. LOL. :DD I'm sorry if this is kinda boring. I did this just this morning and my creativity juices are still sleeping. (Coz they are nocturnal) HAHAHA!

-xoxoarelesdici