Chapter 2: Fated to Love You

All You Need is Hate

 

Dara’s POV

 

“Target at nine o’clock,” Ji Kyung declared as I was finding a spot to park.

 

I looked at my left, and indeed, he was there, wearing a black hoodie and sunglasses. Although I didn’t really see his face, I just knew it was him. I mean, all celebrities wear those kinds of disguise, so I just assumed it was him.

 

Anyway, I already parked nearby and sighed. Can I do this? Of course, I can! It’s just a week. Seriously, nothing bad can happen in just a week, right? Right?

 

“Um, Dara unnie, are you okay?” my best friend’s voice jarred me to reality.

 

I turned to her. “Of course, I am. It’s just. . .”

 

“You’re having second thoughts about this,” she said, reading my mind like a pro.

 

I sighed as she continued convincing me. “Unnie, we’ve waited for a notoriously long time for this. We can’t just throw it away! We have to take this opportunity.”

 

She’s right. I have to do this. In the name of all his anti-fans, I will do this! Fighting!

 

“Let’s go!” I beamed as the both of us high-fived.

 

“That’s the spirit! Now go, unnie!” she cheered.

 

I frowned. “Wait, you’re not going with me?”

 

“No, of course not,” she said flatly.

 

“Ji Kyung-ah, if you want this plan to work, I’m gonna need all the help I’ll need,” I said.

 

She sighed in defeat as we both went out of my car. We held hands and walked towards our target stealthily, like wolves ready to devour their prey.

 

“We have to be close enough so he’ll notice you,” she said.

 

We moved closer until we were only a meter apart. I exchanged looks with Ji Kyung. I was so doing this.

 

“Wait, unnie,” she ordered.

 

“What now?” I complained.

 

She looked at me with a pained expression on her face. “We have a tiny problem.”

 

“It’s bad enough that we have to get this close to him! What could be worse than that?!”

 

“Uh, look over there.”

 

I directed my gaze to where she was pointing. Indeed, I saw what the tiny problem was, and it wasn’t really tiny at all. I saw him standing with a lady all dressed in white beside her. They were talking and it seems like he already picked his ‘girlfriend’. Great. Just great.

 

“What do we do?” I told Ji Kyung, who was panicking.

 

“Uhh, I DON’T KNOW!!!” she exclaimed. “If we don’t act fast, we’ll miss our chance! Go!”

 

“Go? Where?! What do you want me to do, push that girl into a manhole?!” I panicked.

 

She smiled. “Not a bad idea.”

 

What?! What have I gotten myself into?! =_=

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

She seemed so familiar, that girl in white. I could’ve sworn I saw her before, I just couldn’t remember. She was walking towards me. This is my chance.

 

“Excuse me, miss,” I said, blocking her path.

 

She seemed surprised, so I took off my mask.

 

She smiled and bowed respectfully. “G-Dragon-sshi!”

 

“Can you be—“

 

“Your girlfriend? Of course!” she said, not letting me finish.

 

I blushed. “What’s your name?”

 

“Joon Minhyuk,” she said, bowing again.

 

Joon Minhyuk. It seemed so familiar, but I can’t remember where and when I met her before. My head ached, and a memory flashed before my eyes.

 

“You’re our new neighbor?” she said.

 

I smiled. “Ne, my name is Kwon Jiyong.”

 

Her eyes lit. “Ah! Kwon Jiyong-sshi, nice to meet you! I’m Joon Minhyuk!”

 

She was beautiful, but when I looked behind her, I saw a figure much more beautiful than her. More like a goddess.

 

“Are you okay, Jiyong-sshi? Is it okay to call you Jiyong-sshi?” she asked endearingly.

 

“Ne, just a minor headache,” I smiled reassuringly.

 

It felt like our meeting was déjà vu.

 

She was beautiful, but when I looked behind her, I saw a figure much more beautiful than her. More like a goddess. I didn’t realize my mouth was gaping open until Minhyuk’s voice jarred me to reality.

 

“Jiyong-sshi? Are you okay?” she said, looking behind her. I could’ve sworn I saw her frown upon seeing the lady behind her, but then she looked at me again and smiled. “You know her?”

 

“Uh, no. I haven’t seen her before,” I declared, despite the fact that that lady looks so terribly familiar, too. What is this, Everyone-Looks-Familiar Day?!

 

“Good,” she smiled.

 

I walked towards the lady, her face stupefied. I heard Minhyuk’s protests, but I just ignored her. I have to talk to this girl. She had a lady beside her, too, maybe her friend.

 

“Have we met?” I asked.

 

Her eyes widened. She looked at the one beside her, and the girl beckoned her to answer.

 

“Um, no, I don’t think so,” she declared.

 

My heart sank. “Oh.”

 

Ask her name,my mind dictated.

 

“What’s your name, miss?” I asked.

 

She cleared . “Lee Jeon Ji.”

 

Lee Jeon Ji.Definitely haven’t heard that before. So maybe she just looked like someone I knew before.

 

I found myself asking the same question I asked Minhyuk earlier. “Can you be my girlfriend?”

 

She looked beside her, like her friend knew all the answers. “Uh, o-okay, sure.”

 

“Jiyong-sshi!” I heard Minhyuk’s voice beside me. “Who will you pick, me, or her?”

 

The staff also came closer, causing a small commotion.

 

“Sir, you have to pick only one.

 

“You can’t have two girlfriends at the same time, sir.”

 

I hope I won’t make the wrong decision.

 

“Lee Jeon Ji. She’s the one,” I decided.

 

Minhyuk gasped. “What?! But you picked me first!”

 

The other staff employees calmed her. “Sorry, ma’am. He already decided.”

 

But she didn’t calm down. Instead, she stormed out of the scene, muttering incoherent words.

 

Jeon Ji approached me and smiled. “Thank you, Jiyong-sshi.”

 

“Just call me Jiyong-oppa,” I said.

 

She frowned. “I’m older than you, Jiyong.”

 

Total embarrassment. But still, she looks so cute when she frowns.

 

“Okay, then Jiyong it is!” I beamed.

 

Dara’s POV

 

Ji Kyung pulled me to the far corner of the studio.

 

“Lee Jeon Ji? Are you kidding me, unnie?” she asked.

 

“What? I don’t want him to know my real name, he’ll just recognize me,” I explained. “I don’t want that to happen.”

 

She sighed. “Whatever. Just make sure to do your best, unnie.”

 

Trust me. When it comes to these things, I NEVER fail,” I said, mimicking the way she said it earlier.

 

She laughed and gave me a light slap on the arm. Her smile faded when she saw something—or someone—coming towards us.

 

“Jeon Ji-ah, the director wants to talk to you,” a voice behind me said. I recognized it, and it immediately sent shivers down my spine.

 

I turned around, and saw the object of my loathe standing before me, smiling.

 

I faked a smile. “Okay, Jiyong. Let’s go.”

 

We locked arms and went towards the director. My heart started racing, obviously trying to say something to me. No. I don’t want to feel that anymore. It just has to be hate. Nothing more, nothing less. Pure hate.