Chapter 3: Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough

All You Need is Hate

 

Dara’s POV

 

“Lee Jeon Ji-sshi, do you approve of your role as G-Dragon-sshi’s girlfriend?” the director in front of me asked.

 

I nodded. “Yes, I do.”

 

Ugh. What is this, a wedding ceremony?

 

“Good. We could go on with G-Dragon-sshi’s original plans for today, but since there was a little bit of problem with him picking his girlfriend, we will push his plans tomorrow,” he explained. “We don’t want the audience to see that he chose a girl before you, right?”

 

I nodded, beckoning him to go on.

 

He continued. “So, we have to act a scene wherein you’ll be the first one he will pick, when you really weren’t.”

 

I smiled. “That’s great. So should we start now, or do we have to inform G-Dragon-sshi of this?”

 

“Oh, no. He already knows,” he affirmed. “I just wanted to talk to you personally so that I would know if you’re really willing to do the job.”

 

“Okay. Should we start now?” I asked, anxious to get this over with.

 

“Sure. He’s waiting outside.”

 

I stood up and bowed to him respectfully. I walked outside the room, and saw him waiting outside, leaning on the wall.

 

“Hey! So are you ready?” he asked, walking towards me.

 

“Yes, Jiyong-sshi.”

 

He frowned. “I think it would be better if you called me oppa, even if you’re older than me. We’re in a relationship now, right?”

 

Oh, Gahd. Just keep on rubbing it in.

 

He rested his arm across my shoulder as we walked to the streets. We started filming, and I realized that acting wasn’t that hard. Of course, I pretended walking, and then he comes to me and asks me to be his girlfriend. Then I put on this stupefied face, and it was almost exactly the same way me and my first boyfriend met.

 

“Y-you. . . Aren’t you. . .” I stuttered, shocked at the boy in front of me.

 

He smiled. “Yeah, I am who you think I am.”

 

“You’re Minhyuk’s new neighbor? You?” I asked incredulously.

 

He nodded. “So, you know each other?”

 

I grinned. “Yeah! She’s like my best-est friend!”

 

“Really? Great! Can we play with her?” he pleaded.

 

“Sure,” I agreed as he held my hand and interlaced it with his.

 

“CUT!” the director called.

 

We were holding hands, and as soon as the director signaled us to stop, I gently slipped my hand away from his.

 

“Come here, let’s eat!” the director offered.

 

We sat down on the cool grass near the park. The staff spread out a big tablecloth, so it looks like we were having a picnic. Only at night. When, we were all finished, the staff bade us goodbye and went home. Now it was only me and this jerk that was left in the park.

 

He looked at the sky. “It’s getting late. Would you mind if I drive you home?”

 

Yes, I mind.

 

I faked a smile. “Sure.”

 

He ushered me to his parked car and I saw a camera flash somewhere. I looked around the parking lot and saw nothing.

 

“Are you okay? Did you see something?” he asked as he caressed my cheeks endearingly.

 

“Uh, no. Must be my imagination,” I muttered absent-mindedly.

 

He leaned closer and pecked my lips gently. “It’s okay, sweetheart.”

 

Okay, he is seriously creeping me out. Did he just do that?

 

CLICK!

 

That again. I could’ve sworn someone just took a picture of us.

 

“Don’t worry, no one’s watching us. It’s just you and me here in this parking lot,” he said, trying to reassure me.

 

Well, maybe he’s right (for the first time). Maybe no one’s really there. Maybe I’m being too paranoid. I sighed, remembering the first time. . .

 

“Let’s go,” he said, opening the door for me.

 

I reluctantly sat on the shotgun seat while he sat beside me on the driver’s seat.

 

“Jiyong-ah, what if your fans don’t like me?” I asked as he started driving.

 

“It’s just a reality show, so I don’t think they would take it so seriously,” he explained.

 

He must’ve noticed I wasn’t convinced, because he continued talking. “And besides, even if you’re just my ‘virtual’ girlfriend, I would treat you as my own.”

 

Oh, so that explains the, er, peck.

 

Awkward silence transpired around the car until I told him to turn right. As soon as we turned, I could see Ji Kyung waiting for me in front of my apartment’s building.

 

“Pull over,” I demanded as soon as we reached my apartment.

 

I excitedly hopped off his car and gave Ji Kyung a big hug.

 

“Oh, Dara unnie! I missed you so much!” she said.

 

“Dara? Who’s Dara?” Jiyong said as he got out of the car and walked towards us.

 

Uh-oh. We’re officially screwed.

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

Dara. . . I felt like I’d gotten close to something important—something I should know about.

 

“So who’s Dara?” I repeated.

 

“Dara? I mean ddara! You know, to follow?” Jeon Ji’s friend said. “I told her to follow me because I have a surprise for her.”

 

“Yeah!” Jeon Ji chimed in. “Ji Kyung’s right! I guess she already spoiled the surprise for me.”

 

“Is that so?” I said. “I’m sorry, Ji Kyung-ah, for spoiling your surprise, whatever it is.”

 

“Oh, no! It’s okay, Gay—I mean, G-Dragon-sshi!”

 

I smiled. “Just call me Jiyong-oppa.” Then it occurred to me that maybe this girl might be older than me, like Jeon Ji. “Wait. You’re younger than me, right?”

 

She nodded. “I’m 19 years old, oppa.”

 

I sighed with relief. “So I guess I’m going now. The others might be looking for me,” I said.

 

Jeon Ji knit her eyebrows. “The others?”

 

“The others. BIGBANG members, you know.”

 

“Right,” she said, her cheeks blushing.

 

I didn’t know why I did this, but I just felt so comfortable when I’m with her. Like I knew her before. I walked towards Jeon Ji and kissed her on the lips. She restrained but as I tilted my head to deepen our kiss, she loosened up.

 

“Mmph. . . Jiyong, stop,” she moaned as she pushed my face away.

 

She looked around, trying to find something—or someone.

 

“Are you okay? You’ve been acting strange since dinner,” I said worriedly.

 

“It’s nothing.”

 

I leaned closer and gave her a last peck on the lips.

 

“Good night,” I whispered as I brushed the smudged lipstick around her upper lip. “Remember, eight o’clock tomorrow I’ll pick you up. Good night, babe.”

 

I stepped backward and bade goodbye. I bowed to both of them and walked to my car and drove away.

 

Dara’s POV

 

Good night, babe? What was that about?” Ji Kyung complained as he drove away.

 

My eyebrows arched. “Whhhaaaaaaat? You complaining? The plan’s working very well, as you can see.”

 

She grinned. “You’re such a genius! You get to kiss the highest earning idol and plot against him at the same time!”

 

I scoffed. “Like I really enjoyed it. That was the worst thing that just happened to me.”

 

“Oh, unnie. Don’t worry, it will all pay off.”

 

I smiled. “I hope it will.”