Before Realization

Still affectionate

 

Hell yeah, what a day. Right when you thought it couldn’t get worse your beloved One went and ed it up to the maximum. Now he couldn’t do anything but drown in disappointment. Sitting outside on that same bench he sat on every year even before he met Key. Always alone on that special day. Just that this year, he shouldn’t be lonely.

Truthfully, he didn’t mind rain pouring down on him. Even though his shirt and jeans got drenched and his cell phone in his hand was probably wasted by now, he didn’t care. He welcomed the shivers running down his wet back, welcomed the darkness around him, even those normally uncomfortable drops falling from his bangs on his face, down his neck…

Staring into nothingness Jjong forgot the time completely. How long did he sit here already? An hour? Two? Didn’t matter. Because Key wouldn’t be coming. They had agreed to meet here on this ‘special’ day, he even made sure Key vowed to him to support him, be by his side. Well him; he was alone the last years so he would get over it today as well.

Or so he thought, when his phone suddenly rang. How he wished it wasn’t him but at the same time prayed he’d at least mean something to his 2-year-long boyfriend. One look at the ID told him that yes, it was Kim Kibum, that heartless diva that liked playing with his feelings since forever. And so, with the utmost bitterness in his tone, he answered the call.

“Hey person on the other end, Kim Jonghyun is currently in no state to take his call, so leave a message after the sign or whatever. Anyeo~” Ending his little speech with the imitation of the infamous beep of voicemails he took his phone off his ear to cut the connection.

“OI! Jjongie!!” came the outburst through the line. Of course his sweetheart wasn’t going to give up just like that. “Don’t ing do this to me!! I’m sorry!! I’m terribly sorry!” Well that was unexpected. He didn’t beg that often, in fact not more than two times total in their whole relationship so far. His slight panting was a surprise just as much. Was he running?

Thinking silently to himself he slowly got the phone back to his ear, eyes wandering around aimlessly. Where was Key at the moment? Maybe home? Did he miss him there? Or did he remember they were supposed to meet here all of a sudden? Well he would know in a second.

Key stopped to catch his breath, his voice was shaking slightly, maybe because of the cold..if he was outside, he’d be freezing, judging by the not-so-proper way he dressed in winter normally. “Listen!” his thoughts got interrupted. “I’m sorry. Alright?” Heavy breaths. “Where are you?” More breaths. He definitely was running before. But now he had stopped because he didn’t remember where they set the place to meet. in’ fantastic…

“You should know.” He spoke after the long silence, voice matter-of-factly. “But you didn’t.” After that, his voice died out, teeth clacking together as the cold sent shivers over his back again. “You never took this seriously.” Not as much as I did. Still do.

Key hissed, voice sounding desperate through the line. “Just tell me where you are!!”

Jjong thought for a moment as goosebumps covered his bare arms. “..........on....a bench?” He looked around- “Jep, definitely a bench.” -empty gaze staring at the road right before him, the streetlight illuminating that spot, a bouquet of flowers on the ground. Flowers he put there what seemed like hours ago.

“And WHERE is this bench?” Key sounded frustrated as he started walking again.

“You really don’t know huh?” He couldn’t help but sound bitter, chuckling. It was just outright dejecting to realize Key hadn’t even listened to him that time he poured his heart out to him about that incident. Today marked its 6-year-anniversary… six long years he had spend alone without his beloved mother, who had died right here in a car crash. He hadn’t told anyone about it, not his friend Onew in Japan, not his childhood-buddy Minho. Nobody but Key. Who had forgotten about it. Horraaaay….that’s what you get for trusting people.

“Do you at least remember where that restaurant is? With the goddamn street lantern in front of the shop, where cars can crush so easily?” A new wave of shivers took him over, this time not triggered by the cold or the rain…

“Stay there, I’m there in a minute.” Key’s running footsteps got audible, water splashing…he was hurrying here, wasn’t he. Should he leave? No. Not enough energy left for that. “It’s raining, your precious designer clothes will get ruined.” He stated, bitterness technically floating out his every pore, dropping down to the floor in thick specks.

He could picture the ‘dammit’-expression forming on Key’s face. Bullseye. “But hey, take your time. You won't want to run unnecessarily, right? Your lungs would hurt, it's not worth it.” he commented, bend over, elbows resting on his knees. He stared at his feet as strands of his hair clung to his forehead, totally wet from the rain.

He could hear Key’s harsh breathing, although it sounded way closer... “Stop that!” Oh, there he is. he thought, as his lover’s voice reached him without phone-static. Still, he didn’t look up as Key stood in front of him. “Stop what, stating the truth?”

“Stop being so pessimistic…” Just like that, his phone got snatched away from his ear. Jjong clicked his tongue in disapproval.

“Give my phone back.”

“Look at me.”

Jjong shook his head at that, his hair sticking to his cheeks with the motion. He looked to the right, away from Key’s shoes he had been staring at before, not wanting to look at that beautiful face that would make him forgive his beloved even though he was damn hurt.

A sigh came from above as his head got turned by the chin to face Key. He shook the hand off, leaning back against the bench even though his shirt stuck to his skin already, even without the extra uncomfortable pressure. Brows slightly knitted together he looked up at Key, lips swollen from biting them while waiting, one of his nervous habits. Finally, Key decided to speak up again.

“Look, sorry that I forgot. Something really important came up at university…” More important than me? He scoffed.

“I know. It's always university. Or family. Or this special event with that designer - your once in a life-time chance coming up every second week!” he voiced his disappointment, one of the rare times he actually did. Normally, he supported Key, being the understanding boyfriend he was. But not today. Today was special. And he bet his ‘beloved’ didn’t even remember why.

As to be expected, Key defended himself. “Really. It was important!”

“Yeah, great, I don’t care.” Standing up he snatched his phone from the diva’s hand, taking a swift look at his rain-covered face. He was just as beautiful as always, reminding him of the sweaty hot mess underneath him when they made love…

NOT the right moment, thanks conscience. Having enough of this conversation, he squeezed through the little space provided by Key stepping back, muttering a “See you.” and walking off into the rainy streets.

Key, not understanding a thing, followed him, quickly catching up the distance he got. “Hey. What is it?”

See, he doesn’t remember a thing, babo.

“What is what.”

He got yanked back by a hand pulling at his, making him stop for a moment. “Would you come with me. My car is a few blocks away.” Key tried to convince Jjong, pointing behind him.

He didn’t want to go home, since he moved in with the boy he just wants to run from two weeks ago, and he really didn’t want to continue this conversation right now. He took a deep breath and sighed.

“Kibum. I  d o n ’ t  want to see you right now, so leave me alone.” With that, he hoped to be just rude enough to make Key let go, trying to free his hand as he turned around again. It kind of worked, since said boy froze to the spot, looking at the floor.

“…what did I do this time?”

Jjong couldn’t believe it. Was he serious right now? He considered talking this out, right then and there…but no. Not in his current state of mind. He could give him a hint though. A spark of his disappointment.

“You forgot.” I never forget anything you ever said. “I don't mind waiting for you for two hours in the freezing cold, not even in the rain.” Actually I quite like the rain. “What I can't comprehend is how you could forget what kind of day today is.” It’s her in’ death-anniversary. And you weren’t here.

At that he could literally see the gears working in his mind, brain ticking to think hard about the answer to this mystery.

“What day?”

“Go figure it out by yourself, I'm crushing at Minho's.” he decided, walking off.

He didn’t see the way Key watched as Jjong took his leave, mumbling to himself “…what day…?” and sitting down at that bench in front of the street, sinking into deep thought.

What the hell made today so special???

 


a/n Sup guys~ here I go again, another little story based on teamwork <3 I really like to gain stories out of RPGs, especially when so many people appreciate them just as much. It's so much help when people WANT to read your stories that I want to thank you readers right here for doing what you do: reading my stuff.

Some good inspiration would also be JongKey being active. Did you see their latest award?? DID YOU SEE IT?!! My god, Jjong really is the MOST AFFECTIONATE LOVER  E V E R  !!!!!! 

Look at this!!!!

  

  

      

They are cute aren't they..... *sigh* Right. So, let's look at them being lovey-dovey and wait for the next two chapters, because the story is pretty much set already, I just need to write it.......yeeeah~

I got my first exam next tuesday, so I have to see when I'll write them, pray that my friend urges me on to write more in the future, so I will be motivated. >__<

Leave a comment with tips or critic, I'll read them all!! *promise*

Well than, see you in chapter 2 ~