Chapter 2

Thrill

Kyuhyun moved in bed when he heard unusual noises in his room at that hour of the morning – whichever it was, it was early. He wanted to open his eyes and mumble something grumpy to Sungmin to be in silence, but his eyes didn’t obey, they preferred that he forget about it and go back to sleep. He snorted quietly, covering his head with his sheets, frowning. A laugh echoed through the room and Kyu frowned even more. The laugh was too masculine to be from Sungmin, who generally laughed shrilly.

The maknae took out a bit of the sheet from his face and he could see Siwon’s back, before he walked into the bathroom.

“Ah.”  Murmured the youngest, remembering. He scratched his head, half grumpy at being woken up, and looked at the time. Yeah, in any case he would have to wake up soon since they would travel in a few hours. I can rest on the plane, Kyu concluded, happily, and got up.

::

“So you decided to wake up?” Siwon asked as he finishes drying his hair.

“You’re not very quiet in the morning, hyung.” Kyu mumbled, stuffing some clothes in the suitcase. Won just gave him a nervous laugh.

“I’m going to make coffee, do you want some?”

“Um, I do. If I'm going to get up early like you, then I’d better have my stomach full, Siwon.” And smiled to himself, grabbing a towel. “How do you do it? Donghae hyung knows how to mimic it better, but …” He took off his shirt, surprising the brunette, and threw it, with a basketball movement , in a pile of dirty clothes in the corner of the room, laughing after. “Now, I’m going to take a bath.” Kyu inflated his slim chest in a pompous way and walked into the bathroom, trying to imitate the older. He closed the bathroom door quickly, before the shirt thrown by Won hit him.

“Donghae imitates better, indeed!” Won shouted at the closed door and shook his head, laughing.

::

Kyu snorted, angrily. As much as he pushed, grumbled and said rude phrases, Yesung was still sprawled in the chair beside his, sleeping heavily. The plane went smoothly towards Tokyo and the youngest of the group saw almost all the members taking their nap, a plan that he had made for himself, but he saw the plan fading away with each move from Yesung, who insisted on spreading his arm on Kyuhyun’s face.

“Aish, I should beat him right now …” He grunted and glanced around. Siwon, who has just woken up and was now reading a magazine, looked up at the youngest, questioningly. “Ah, Siwon! Great! Hyung, you won’t sleep anymore, will you? Then how about switching places with me?” Siwon raised his eyebrows. “Ehn, please…?”

Kyuhyun watched the older as he thought for a moment and analyzed the status of Yesung beside him. It seemed that he would reject at any moment, but then Siwon just sighed.

“Okay … But you owe me this.” And he gave a light, but nervous laugh, standing up, while Kyu celebrated and ran quickly to the new location, spreading himself on the chair like Yesung.

Siwon tightened himself on the chair, wondering if he gave in too fast, while Kyuhyun stared at him with a frown. Won stared back at the younger, with a nervous smile again, and turned back to the magazine he was reading.

The maknae sank further into the chair and closed his eyes, his eyebrows still furrowed. Since morning, or rather, since after the show, Won had that nervous and annoying laugh for anything that Kyu did. It wasn’t like Siwon to be nervous and it just stirred up the curiosity of the younger. This smells like something wrong, he concluded. He must have broken something mine… And shook his head, determined to try to figure it out after the nap.

::

The opening song echoed above them and the boys breathed deeply, preparing for their turn to enter. Some stretched hands, neck, back, others smiled, frowned or took another breath. Siwon, on the other hand, approached Kyuhyun. They both slightly smiled at each other and the oldest leaned and kissed Kyu’s cheek lightly. Kyu raised his eyebrows and stared at Won, surprised. They were not on stage yet to make jokes.

Siwon cleared his throat and, by his confused expression, the youngest noticed that even he didn’t understood what he had done.

“Hm, well, good show, keep singing as great as ever.” And cleared his throat again, paying more attention to the reddish maknae's ears. He smiled and held hands with Kyu, noticing his ears getting even redder. “The fans will enjoy.” Won explained.

But in some strange and confusing way, they both knew that this was just an excuse. They didn't know why, tho.