Chapter 4

Nae Jalmosijyo (My Mistake)

 

“Hi Yuri, i-uhh...”

 

“No.”


“Hi Yuri, i was just walking by and i decided to...”

 

“Aigoo~, Yoona. Of all the time, why do you stammer now?” Yoona said to herself. She decided to visit Yuri the next day after the incident at the grocery store. She doesn’t know why but she wants to apologise for Siwon’s behaviour yesterday.

 

So she’s been standing the Kwon’s doorstep for quite a while now, thinking of an excuse why she’s there on their doorstep, unannounced.

 

“Aissh, arasso. Here goes nothing.” She exhaled as she reached her hand to knock on the door but before she could do so, the door swung opened and it revealed the girl she longed to see.

 

“Yoona?” Yuri asked, completely surprised.

 

“Y-Yuri. Uhh...h-hi...” she stuttered. She cursed herself for stammering.

 

“What are you doing here?” the older girl asked.

 

“Uuhh, i was..uhh..just...”

 

Yuri giggled and said, “You shouldn’t hesitate to knock. You’re welcome here.”

 

“Uhh..sorry. H-how did you know i was here?”

 

“An ahjumma neighbour saw you standing there for quite a while and she became suspicious. She called us and informed that someone’s out here but when i opened the door, i was surprised to see you.” She smiled.

 

“Mianhe if i caused you trouble.” Yoona looked down.

 

“It’s nothing, really. I prefer it to be you rather than some creepy stranger.” Yuri smiled. “Would you like to come in? I’m sure it’s tiring to stand there for a while.”

 

Yoona smiled as Yuri opened the door wider to let her in. Yoona smiled that Yuri is getting better. There are still remnants from the accident such as dried wounds and scratches, of course, the huge one, which is Yuri’s amnesia, but all in all, Yoona is happy that she could be with Yuri again even if it’s like this.

 

As Yuri was closing the door, Yoona heard Seohyun called out as she was walking towards them.

 

“Unnie! Who’s that Mrs. Lee informed us about? Is it—“ Seohyun paused upon seeing her best friend. “Oh. It’s you.”

 

Yoona frowned upon seeing the disappointed look on Seohyun’s face. Yoona completely understands Seohyun’s behaviour towards her. The maknae almost lost another family member because of her.

 

“Seobaby, can you get something to drink for Yoona?” Yuri asked and turned towards Yoona. “What do you like to drink? Actually we are having tea right now. Seo insists of healthy lifestyle since i got out of the hospital which is quite annoying.”

 

Yoona smiled at Yuri. Despite her memory lost, somewhere out there, the “old Yuri” is still there. The girl she fell in love with is still there, just waiting for someone to wake her up.

 

“A tea would be good.” Yoona mumbled.

 

“Great! Seobaby, can you please bring the tea here?” Yuri smiled brightly.

 

 It’s the first brightest smile that Seohyun saw on her sister’s face. As much as she wanted to hate Yoona for everything that her sister went through, she couldn’t deny that it’s still Yoona that could make her smile like that. She will not get in the way if her sister still chooses Yoona. She wanted her sister to be happy, but she knows that her sister is in the verge of hurting again if ever her sister falls in love again with Yoona. Yoona is married with Siwon.

 

She needs to have a word with Yoona.

 

She wants to protect her sister as much as she can, even if it takes to separate her from Yoona.

 

She couldn’t take if another accident might happen. She couldn’t lose her sister.

 

“Okay, unnie. Yoona, would you like to help me?” Seohyun asked Yoona which made the girl taken aback from Seohyun’s offer.

 

Before Yoona could nod, Yuri whined, “But Seobaby, Yoona and I would catch up. We need to talk about things so that I could remember things.”

 

As much as Yoona wanted to be with Yuri, she felt that she needs to be with Seohyun. She’s her best friend after all.

 

“W-we could catch up after i helped Seohyun.” Yoona said at pouting Yuri.

 

Yuri just sighed and said, “Fine.”

 

Yoona smiled at the tanned girl and made her way to the kitchen with Seohyun.

 

*

 

 Things were quiet and awkward between the two , as Seohyun looked through the cupboards for tea cup set. Yoona, on the other hand, just leaned on the kitchen counter and watched the teapot.

 

“So, how was married life, Yoong?” Seohyun asked casually as she placed the tea set on the counter.

 

Yoona was completely surprised at the question and to be honest, it made her uncomfortable especially that it is the main reason why they are in the situation like this.

 

“Uh...i-it’s okay.” Yoona said unsurely as she played with her hands.

 

“Are you happy?” the maknae asked. Yoona knew that Seohyun is very direct that is why she’s more matured between her and Yuri.

 

Yoona sighed and look down. “I-i don’t know.”

 

“Yoona, i’m not trying to play the villain here. I hope you could understand where i’m going through.” Seohyun started. Yoona looked up and saw Seohyun’s forlorn face.

 

“I could never lose another loved one, Yoona. I almost lose my unnie. When that day happened, i almost learned to hate everything, everyone because there’s no point of living if everyone that i love is leaving. So please Yoona, if ever you plan to hurt my sister again, please leave right now. If you value our friendship, you will leave us alone.” Seohyun pleaded through tears.

 

Could she leave? Could she let Yuri go on with her life? What about her? She almost lost Yuri, too.

 

It’s true that she married Siwon but that doesn’t mean that she loves the guy. It’s still Yuri. It’s always been Yuri.

 

If only she could turn back time, she would fight for them and be with Yuri.

 

“I...i could never hurt Yuri. Never.” Yoona mumbled as tears fall from her eyes.

 

“What do you want Yoona? Why are you here?” Seohyun asked.

 

“I...I want to be with her. I want to help her.”

 

“Help her? So she could regain her memory back? So she could remember how much hurt you put her through? You know, i think its better this way. It’s better that she couldn’t remember anything so that she couldn’t remember the hurt she’s been through.”

 

“How about me? I want to be there for her, too. I will only leave if Yuri tells me to leave.”

 

Seohyun went quiet. They both know that Yuri would never let Yoona leave, with amnesia or not.

 

“Hey! What took you both so long?” Yuri called out from the living room.

 

The two best friends wiped their tears and continued to prepare the tea as if they were trying to act as if nothing happened.

 

“Hang on, unnie! We’ll be there!” Seohyun shouted back. She carried the tea set and before she walked passed Yoona she said, “Hurt my sister again and I’ll forget we’re even best friends.” Yoona watched the girl walked to the living room.

 

*

 

Days go by and Yoona became a regular guest at the Kwon household. She could see the disdain on Seohyun’s face but there’s nothing that little Kwon could do but to let it be. The reason why Yoona i there is because of Yuri. She kept on nagging Yoona to come by all the time because she knew that being in alone in an empty house is too boring since Siwon is always away from his business trips.

 

It’s as if like the old times for Yoona and Yuri as Yoona would fill Yuri with stories about their past, their interests, their moments and especially their relationship.

 

They were resting at the backyard just lying on the grass under the tree when Yuri asked a question.

 

“Yoong?”

 

Yoona’s hear never fails to skip a beat whenever she heard her name on Yuri’s lips. She looked up as her head rested on Yuri’s lap.

 

“Ne?”

 

“Can you tell me why we ended? W-when i heard your stories, all i could think is we’re perfect. Why?” Yuri asked Yoona.

 

The doe eyed girl stood up from Yuri’s lap and sat beside her. She wanted to tell the truth to Yuri. She thought that there’s no point of hiding it from her. She promised herself to be honest with Yuri especially her lies is one of the reason for their problem.

 

Yoona sighed. “We ended because it’s my fault.” She looked at Yuri who nodded at her to continue.

 

“I lied to you that i don’t love you anymore that is why i wanted to break up with you when the real reason is my parents forced me to marry Siwon to save our business.”

 

She heard Yuri gasped and looked back at the girl.

 

“Y-you just threw it away? You just threw our relationship away?” Yuri mumbled.

 

“No! I fought! Believe me, Yuri! I fought for us! But when they said that they’ll hurt you when i refuse to marry Siwon, i have no choice. I want you to be safe.” Yoona defended. She put her hand on Yuri’s face, completely loving the familiarity of it.

 

“Don’t ever say that i did not fight for us because believe me, I did. But i forever blame myself for hurting you. I’m sorry, Yul.” Yoona said through tears. She watched as Yuri gasped from Yoona’s words and looked down to hide her tears.

 

They kept quiet for a while until Yoona asked Yuri.

 

“Yul?”

 

she saw that Yuri is crying. She was about to hug her when Yuri muttered,

 

“I..i have a lot of things to ask but...c-could you please leave me alone?”

 

“What?”

 

“Y-Yoona please, i want to be alone.” Yuri pleaded.

 

Yoona was hesitant to leave the girl but she followed her request.

 

“I...i’ll be back tomorrow.” She mumbled and left her.

 

*

 

It was the BarbecueDay at the Kwon’s house so Yoona decided to come as she promised Yuri despite what happened yesterday. She decided to come to fulfil her promise and to talk to Yuri. As she was making her way to the backyard, she heard Seohyun and Yuri’s loud voice as if they’re arguing. Yoona decided to hide behind the pillar by the backyard fence as she listened to the two.

 

“Tell me the truth, unnie!” Seohyun said. “Tell me, do you or do you not remember everything?”

 

Yoona gasped. ‘Yuri could remember everything?’

 

“What nonsense are you talking about, Seo?” Yuri scoffed.

 

“Answer me! Do you really remember or are you just faking it?” Seoyhun said bluntly.

 

Yoona’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

 

‘What is going on?’

 

“I heard you, unnie. I heard you talking to yourself, you said that you don’t want to pretend anymore! You said that no matter what you do, the truth really hurts even if you’re just pretending to lose your memory. Unnie, please tell me the truth. Why?”

 

Yoona couldn’t take it anymore, so she revealed herself to the sisters.

 

“Tell her the truth, Yul. Do you or do you not remember me?” Yoona mumbled through her tears.

 

The sisters gasped upon seeing Yoona. They didn’t know that she’s there especially Yuri. The older girl couldn’t do anything but to tell the truth.

 

“Yes! I never lose my memory! I am perfectly fine. I pretended to lose it just to move on from you, Yoona. But no matter what i do, you’re there. i didn’t expect it but then i realized that if i continue this, maybe we could start again. But then, i found out that you lied to me, you hide the truth to me, there’s nothing for me to do but to laugh at myself! My plan backfired at me. We’re both lying at each other.” Yuri confessed as tears came down from her eyes.

 

Yoona heaved through tears and walked away from everything.

 

She’s walking away again.

 

Walking from her.

 

Is this all they ever be?

 

Walking away?

 

Is there any future for them?

 

 

 

Few months after...

 

Yoona sat on the bench at the nearest park and exhaled. She loves the spring season. For her, it’s a season for new beginnings. She watched as the flowers bloomed, the kids ran around at the play ground, couples walking everywhere.

 

She recalled how rough the past months for her. She stood up for herself and filed a divorce with Siwon which the guy mutually agreed. He realized that their relationship is not working since they’re not in love with each other. Despite of their families’ opposition to the divorce, Yoona still fought for it even if the result of it is disownment from her parents.

 

She never regretted anything. It was bound to happen anyways.

 

 She smiled. New beginnings indeed.

 

“Excuse me? I’m watching you for a while now and i just want to know your name.” a voice said.

 

Yoona looked at the owner of the voice and smiled. She scoots to make a room for that person and watched as the latter sat beside her.

 

“I’m Im Yoona.” The doe eyed girl smiled.

 

“I’m Kwon Yuri.” The girl smiled back.

 

 Yoona giggled at the silliness of their conversation. Maybe they could start again.

 

Maybe this time, no regrets, no lies, no near death experiences.

 

Yoona held Yuri’s hand as they watched the people at the park which made Yuri blushed as she intertwined their hands.

 

They never promised anything.

 

They’re just going to try again and this time it will be like spring.

 

They will love again like new beginnings.

END.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mianhe for not updating this :( don't worry i'll try to finish the fics that needs to be done and update the others. Please do comment :)