Chapter 2

Nae Jalmosijyo (My Mistake)

 

A/N: I apologise for making you cry with this fic. Seriously, blame SNSD for their song and their acting skills in the Time Machine MV. hahahaha anyways, can i make you cry once again? I was just watching some fanvid of YoonYul's drama on Youtube. It is so amazing that i thought they are both in the same drama. (Oh, let's keep praying troopers! we know it will happen really soon!)

Please enjoy this one and don't forget to comment and upvote :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yoona didn’t know where to go. It’s stupid of her for not asking her friends about Yuri, she just ran out of instincts whenever Yuri needs her. She kept on running under the cold snow until her legs give up. Yuri needs her and she wouldn’t forgive herself if something happened to the girl she love.

 

Suddenly, she slowed down her pace. Her mind is filled with ‘what ifs’. What if there is something wrong with Yuri and it’s because of her? Would Yuri blame her?

 

“Yoona!” a voice called her.

 

She looked up and saw Yuri’s best friend, Sooyoung waving at her by the car. She felt her tears were pouring but she didn’t care. Suddenly, all of those past memories are coming back to her. What is Sooyoung doing here?

 

She ran towards her old friend and asks the tall girl, “Yuri?”

 

Sooyoung exhaled as if she’s fighting her tears from falling. “I know. We came home as fast as we could as soon as we heard the news from Taeyeon.” She mumbled. “C’mon, Seohyunie needs us.”

 

“Where is she? Where are we going? Tell me what happened.” Yoona asked.

 

“We’re still uncertain, all i know is Taeyeon told us to find you and drive towards the hospital.” Sooyoung couldn’t take it anymore and she cried.

 

As soon as Yoona heard ‘hospital’, it was enough to kill her. All she thought was, No, no. This isn’t happening. Yuri is going to be okay. Yuri is okay.

 

Sooyoung lead Yoona inside the car and the doe-eyed girl was surprised to see that Jessica and Sunny were also there. Jessica threw a glare towards the girl who hurt her best friend and she couldn’t forgive Yoona because of that.

 

“Why are we picking her up here, anyways? We should’ve left her there in the snow.” Jessica said harshly as she flipped her hair.

 

“Shika, please stop it. Yuri wouldn’t—“ Sunny started but Jessica interrupted her.

 

“What?!  It’s true, right?! If it isn’t her fault, this wouldn’t happen! Look, what is happ—“

 

“Shika, Enough!”Sooyoung stopped her from saying anything further. She doesn’t want Yoona to know that even though deep inside her, she wants Yoona to drown with guilt. But Yuri wouldn’t be happy if they do it to Yoona, she just loves this beautiful girl so much.

 

“Please, let’s forget about the past. Seohyun needs us. Yuri needs us.” Sooyoung said through her tears.

 

Yoona and Sunny nodded and hugged each other as Jessica remained cold and distant. She could never forget the pain that Yoona brought Yuri but she could ignore the girl just for Yuri’s sake. All four of them drove quietly through the hospital.

 

*

As soon as they came to the hospital, all of them ran towards their friends. This is what they need right now, each other. Yoona loosened her grip at Tiffany and came up to her best friend whose been sitting quietly nearby. It’s been a long time since she last saw Seohyun and she admit that she looks more like Yuri now than before.

 

Yoona kept her cautious steps towards her best friend whose been covered with her sister’s blood.

 

This can’t be real. Those are not Yuri’s blood. No...No... Yoona chanted to herself.

 

“Seo?” Yoona whispered as she sat beside her best friend.

 

Seohyun as if on trance, sat up and looked at her best friend. “Yoona.” She whispered.

 

Yoona saw how vulnerable her best friend is. It’s like seeing Yuri so weak, so, she hugged her best friend as if she’s asking for forgiveness. She knew it’s her fault.

 

“I’m sorry, i’m sorry, i’m sorry.” Yoona kept on saying over and over again through her tears.

 

Seohyun pulled away from her and wiped Yoona’s tears.

 

“Aniyo, it was an accident. I should be the blame because if i didn’t come early to save her, this shouldn’t happen. I already saw how the driver swerved and i didn’t do anything.” Seohyun cried again.

 

All the girls coaxing Seohyun to stop her thinking that everything is her fault. Seohyun has done more than enough for her sister.

 

“Excuse me, where is the family of Kwon Yuri?” a man’s voice said. All of them turned towards a man in his thirties with a solemn look on his face.

 

“I am her sister, Kwon Seohyun.” Seohyun wiped her tears as she bowed at the doctor.

 

“Annyeong, I’m Dr. Bae Yong Joon.” He smiled sadly at the girl. She really looks like her sister. He thought. “You may see your sister now. I also need to discuss your sister’s condition.”

 

“Why can’t you discuss it here?! We need to know, we’re also their family!” Yoona demanded. She knows that she has no right to saying these things to the doctor especially that she has no right with Yuri anymore but she doesn’t care. Yuri is all that matters to her.

 

“Yoona.” Taeyeon warned the young girl. She turned towards the doctor to apologise. “Doctor, please we also need to know.”

 

The doctor looked at the girls sadly and said, “As much as i want to but i can’t. I need to talk to her sister first and she’ll be the one to tell it to you.”

 

“But doc, please tell us, is Yuri okay? She’s fine now, right?” Jessica hoped as Tiffany held her close.

 

The doctor sighed, thinking of a better word to say, “Let’s hope that she’ll be okay.”

 

Those words left the girls speechless. The doctor took the time to led Seohyun to the ICU where Yuri is as the girls followed them silently. The girls are only allowed to see Yuri through the glass window and they all held each other as they saw Yuri lying on the bed, lifeless with all the apparatus connected to her as her only source of life.  They saw the white bandage wrapped on the girl’s head getting dark as the blood dried on it.

 

“That is not Yuri. It can’t be. Yuri is somewhere here, still alive.” Sooyoung cried. She couldn’t believe that her energetic best friend is now unconscious.

 

As much as they want to go inside, they can only witness everything through the glass window. They saw Seohyun approached her sister slowly, unsure, if she can finally relax after seeing her sister barely alive.

 

*

“Your sister is a very strong girl. She really wanted to stay alive even her condition tells her otherwise.” The doctor started.

 

Seohyun smiled through her tears as she thought of her sister. Indeed, that is her sister. It’s one of the most admirable things that her sister has.

 

“Would you believe that only 20% of our patients make it alive with the kind of accident that your sister has? I guess she’s one of that 20%.” The doctor came up to Seohyun and put a hand on her shoulders.

 

“Seohyun, i am not saying this just to assure you that your sister is already okay. She’s still under observation.” The doctor trailed off.

 

“What is it, doctor? Is she going to be okay?” Seohyun asked as she looked at the doctor.

 

“I’m cutting you some slack, Seohyun. Aside from broken ribs, broken arm and few scratches from the collision with the car, one thing we are very much worried is the one on her head. Yuri has a severe head trauma. We are waiting for her to wake up before we could make any diagnosis.”

 

Seohyun gasped. “W-what do you mean?”

 

“You see, once she wakes up, we are expecting two things, either her injury will not affect her brain or worst...” The doctor trailed off.

 

“Doc...”

 

“She’ll suffer amnesia.”

 

Those three words are enough for Seohyun to give up all her strength and fainted. She already couldn’t bear the accident and the state that her sister is in but hearing the news that her beloved sister couldn’t remember her anymore is enough for her to wish to have amnesia instead of Yuri.

 

*

Once the girls saw Seohyun fainted, they didn’t even bother about the hospital rules. They ran towards the maknae as Taeyeon, Yoona and Jessica asked the doctor.

 

“What did you say to her?! Tell us!” Yoona cried as she gripped the arms of the doctor. She’s trying to act strong to intimidate the doctor but she’s a weak as she saw the two of the most important people in her life, unconscious.

 

Taeyeon removed Yoona’s hands on the doctor’s arms and hugged the young girl as if this could stop her from crying. The doctor’s beeper buzzed, a signal to attend to another patient.

 

“I’m sorry but I need to attend to another emergency. Excuse me.” The doctor walked abruptly before the girls stopped her. Sooyoung and Tiffany lay Seohyun on the sofa nearby as Sunny and Hyoyeon brushed the hair out of Yuri’s sleeping face.

 

Jessica walked to Yuri to look at her closely. Then, she turned towards Yoona whose being held by Taeyeon.

 

“You! Do you see what have you done?! Are you finally happy that everything is finally like this?! You’re so selfish!” Jessica, the most violent among them, hits Yoona with her fist to make her see what she has done to Yuri. Taeyeon shield Yoona from Jessica’s fist.

 

“Jung Jessica! Enough! Stop hitting her!” Taeyeon screamed at the girl.

 

“She deserves it! Yuri doesn’t deserve to be on that bed! Yuri is a wonderful person but you broke her! You are selfish Yoona! So Selfish!” Jessica kept on hitting Yoona as the doe- eyed girl accepted every hit from her friend. Jessica is right, I deserve it. Yoona thought to herself.

 

Hyoyeon held Jessica to stop her from hitting the girl as the girl kept on resisting.

 

“Let go of me, Hyo! I’m not done with her!” Jessica yelled.

 

“Will you guys, ing SHUT UP?! Can’t we just be with each other and forget the past for a while?” Sooyoung pleaded as she looked at her friends. “Look at Yuri and Seohyun, do you think they will get better once they saw us like this?! Yuri wouldn—“

 

Sooyoung couldn’t take it anymore, so there’s nothing for her to do but cry. Jessica glared at Yoona and left her friends hastily.

 

“Jessi!” Tiffany yelled and followed Jessica.

 

Yoona looked at her friends and pulled away from Taeyeon.

 

“Unnie, i better go. I think i’m causing too much chaos here.” Yoona said.

 

Taeyeon held the young girl’s hand to stop her from leaving.

 

“No, please stay. We need you here.”

 

Yoona sighed. If her Taeyeon unnie tells her to then be it, so, she nodded at her.

 

They went silent for a while, hearing the steady rhythm of Yuri’s life through the monitor.

 

Sooyoung wiped her tears and walked over to her best friend.

 

“You know, it’s quite funny. Yuri is the one who always makes us laugh so hard with her antics and now, she’s the one who makes us cry so hard.” Sooyoung scoffed. She held Yuri’s lifeless hands. “What are we going to do without you, Yul? Please wake up so we could do stupid stuffs already. I miss being with my best friend.”

 

Sooyoung kept crying as she held her best friend’s hand. Hyoyeon put an arm around Sooyoung and the girl immediately cries in Hyo’s arms.

 

Yoona saw all of it. She’s the main reason why Yuri is on that bed. If she could kill herself right now just to make Yuri alive and happy, she will. She doesn’t know what to do right now, what will happen if Yuri wakes up? Will she be mad at her? Or will she accept her again?

 

Yoona sighed, one thing is for sure, she needs to be with her friends more than anything.

 

“So, Yoong...”Sunny trailed off.

 

Yoona look at her once full of aegyo friend, but now, sadness is written all over her face.

 

“I hope you don’t get me wrong by asking this, i want you here, i really do, but what about your wedding? Siwon?” Sunny asked.

 

All of her friends turned to her, anticipating her answer. As much as they want Yoona to be here as their friend, they all know that she’s the main reason why Yuri is in the thin line of life and death. They still have that disappointment why their friends didn’t work out and their friendship got ruined.

 

Yoona forgot all about her wedding once she ran out of that place to be with Yuri. All that matters to her is Yuri. She wants to see Yuri when she wakes up and smile that beautiful smile that made her heart skipped a beat.

 

How could she be with Yuri right now that she’s already with Siwon?

 

Yoona looked down at her finger where her wedding ring lies. It’s very beautiful since Siwon picked it for her. But it will be more beautiful if she and Yuri choose this.

 

“Its okay, Yoona. You’ve done enough for the day. You still have a wedding to attend.” Hyoyeon answered for her.

 

Yoona looked up her doe eyes to the girl lying on the bed.

 

I need to be there when she wakes up. It doesn’t matter if she pushes me away, i just need to see her open her eyes, to make sure she’s okay. She thought.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll call you once she wakes up. That’s all we’re waiting for, right? We’ll update you on her progress.” Sooyoung assured her friend.

 

Yoona walked towards Yuri. It will be the first time she sees Yuri’s state up close. Tears profusely rolled down her eyes as she sees the effect of leaving the girl she truly loves.

 

She reached Yuri’s bruised hands and gently kissed it. “I’m sorry, this is my entire fault. If only i could switch places with you and it’s me on that bed instead of you, i would do it. I want to see your smile again, Yul. Please wake up, soon.”

 

She caressed the tanned girl’s face and kissed every part of her where she could reach. If only her kisses could make Yuri better, she would kiss her forever.

 

“I would love to see those eyes again, Yul. Even if those eyes are not meant for me anymore, i just need to see those eyes flutter again.” She whispered at Yuri’s ears and turned towards her friends whose been watching the whole thing. They all felt it. They all felt that there is still something to fight for Yoona and Yuri.

 

“Please take care of her for me, unnies.” Yoona bowed down as she wiped her tears.

 

“We will, Yoong. Take care of yourself, too. Okay?” Taeyeon said as they all went towards Yoona to hug her goodbye.

 

TBC...