Chapter 2

Long Road Ahead

Sorry that the chapters are really short! This just the beginning so they are just here to set up the main plot. (if that makes any sense :3) 

Chapter 2 

 

 
It takes a while for the two boys to finally call a deuce in their wrestling match. Jaejoong and Changmin sit on the floor, side by side, hair dishelved and breaths ragged.
 
"I-I should've known better cause whenever we do this, it always ends up the same." Jaejoong heeves and runs a hand through his black locks. He regrets making the first move on Changmin because whenever they play fight, it takes an hour for them to quit. (If they're lucky.)
 
"Huh?" Changmin says, he too is breathing puffs of air. "What'd you say?"
 
Jaejoong is too tired to repeat himself so he lets out a bubble of laughter and places a hand on his best friend's head which causes Changmin to scowl and slap it off, not knowing what got into his hyung.
 
"Brings back good memories, right?" Jaejoong smiles, reliving the memories of childhood when the boys used to play fight until sun down.
 
"Yeah, I remember you and Yoochun used to always beat me up, but now I'm the man with the abs." Changmin grins proudly.
 
Jaejoong's smile falters and it doesn't go unnoticed by Changmin. Changmin slings an arm around Jaejoong's shoulders for comfort. He wishes Jaejoong could forget about the accident already because it's only an anchor on his heel pulling him down. Jaejoong sighs, burrowing his head between his hands.
 
"Pathetic, right?" Jaejoong whispers, voice full of sorrow. "I try, Minnie. But I just can't forget about him. He was the love of my life, my everything. And now I have to take care of his younger brother... How am I supposed to do that when I can see the resemblence?"
 
Changmin gives Jaejoong's shoulders a squeeze then gets up and offers a hand. Jaejoong smiles, appreciative for his friend's comfort, and grabs the hand. They both walk into the kitchen to prepare dinner since it's already past 6'o clock.
 
"Hey, stop bringing down the mood will you? Jae, you'll be fine. If you don't want to take care of the kid then just don't. Easy as that." Changmin says as he grabs a pot from the cabinet and places it on the stove. 
"Good advice... NOT. I owe a lot to The Parks because they used to treat me like their own son and they raised me." Jaejoong says with a frown, handing two packs of ramen to Changmin.  
Changmin stays silent for a while as he cooks the ramen, pondering over what to do for Jaejoong's situation. He wants to help but at the same time he doesnt want to cause any more trouble. 
Jaejoong is just as silent as he sets the table with bowls and utensils. When Changmin finishes cooking, he places the pot on the center of the table and smiles proudly. The apartment is filled with the aroma of kimchi ramen. 
They take a seat and fill their bowls with ramen. Just as Changmin is going to have a first taste of their dinner, Jaejoong prevents him from doing so.
"I have an idea!" Jaejoong exclaims with a dorky grin. 
"Come on! I was almost there! If it's something idiot..." Changmin starts. 
"It isn't! Why didn't I think of this myself?" Jaejoong says, going up to the younger boy and placing his hands into his own. 
Changmin shoots him a skeptical look. "Just spit it out already! I want to eat my ramen before it gets cold!" 
"Okay, okay. I was thinking... you could help me with taking care of Yunho!"