Chapter 3

Long Road Ahead

"Aw hell noooooo!" Changmin yells and pulls his hands away from Jaejoong.

Jaejoong frowns, and crosses his arm at Changmin's reaction.

"Why not?" He inquires as he sits back down in his own seat and begins to slurp up the ramen.

Changmin shoots him a look that says: Isn't it obvious? before he returns to stuffing his face.

"No. It's not obvious for your information, jerk! Don't make up any either. Give me a good, in depth explanation." Jaejoong scowls with a frown.

He didn't expect Changmin to disagree with such a strong force. It was actually a bit surprising. Either way, he is determined to drag along the latter with him because he didn't plan to baby sit a kid all alone.

There is no way. Expecially since it's Yoochun's precious baby brother.

Jaejoong sits at the table, tapping his foot impatiently still waiting for an answer and finally gets one once Changmin finishes his second bowl of ramen.

"Are you serious? That's it? That's your reason??"

Changmin shrugs nochalantly and leaves his seat to make his way towards the kitchen.

"Screw you! Just cause 'it's not your problem' you're not going to help?" Jaejoong follows Changmin in frustration. He runs a hand through his hair in distress. "Fine! I'll do it myself! But just for your information, don't start complaining if I have to bring him to this apartment or anything!"

"Why would I care? I don't even live here, Jae!" Changmin raises an amused eyebrow as he drops his plate into the sink with a clatter along with the other stacked dishes.

Jaejoong glares daggers at his supposedly best friend and rolls his eyes when Changmin blows kisses towards him from the front door.

"I'm leaving, Jae. Have fun with your new 'job'"

~~~~~~

That night on his bed, Jaejoong stares in thought at the ceiling. After Changmin left his apartment, he called Mrs. Park back and informed her that he was willing to take care of the younger Park.

Was it really a good decision...?

Jaejoong thinks to himself with a long sigh. He still longs for Yoochun every day and night. It just isn't the same without him.

He turns to his side,clicks the bedside lamp on, and searches through the table drawer. A sad smile tugs at his mouth when he retrieves the picture frame from the bottom of the junk pile. It showed him and a man. Sandy hair that curled at its ends that nicely framed the man's handsome face and a gentle smile aimed toward Jaejoong in the picture. The man's arm was casually around his shoulder. Anyone that looked at the picture could infer that the two young guys were madly in love with each other judging by their grins and eyes that expressed the feelings clearly.

"I don't know what I've gotten myself into. I have to look over your baby brother... Am I doing the right thing, Chunnie? Because I certainly don't think I am."

 

A/N  Sorry for the PAINFULLY slow updates... >.< My brain hasnt been working and Im at a major writer's block. I have SO many ideas cooking in my head right now. I don't think I'll continue 'A Long Road Ahead'for a while :O Because I have thought of a better story idea ^^  Sorry for the readers who have been waiting for an update! I know how it feels for a writer to never update cause I've experienced it with so many of the stories I've read as well. Once again, sorry :O