Intrusion

I'll Never Let You Go

I walked into the dance studio. No one was there. I looked at the clock. 20 minutes until dance class started.

‘Good. Plenty of time.’

 I went over to the speakers and plugged my iPod in. I flicked through my music and clicked on Girls’ Generation’s Genie. I walked over to the centre of the studio.

 

Turn it up

Just turn it up

That's right, c'mon

Sowoneul malhaebwa

Ni mamsokae itneun jageun ggoomeul malhaebwa

ni meolieh itneun isanghyungeul geulyuh-

 

The music stopped. I spun round. Flicking through my music was a tall brown haired boy, dressed in a dark blue loose shirt and light brown pants. I scrunched up my nose a little. I knew we were meant to wear practical clothes, but geez- would a little fashion sense maybe?

‘Hey- what the do you think you’re doing!?’

I grabbed him by his shoulder and spun him round- causing my iPod to fall on the ground.

‘Aish’

I went down to pick it up.

‘It better not be ing broken.’

I could see a shadow falling over me on the floor. I looked up. That boy was leaning over me.

‘Hey! You mind?’ I yelled in his face.

I got up and pushed him back.

‘What the was that all about!?’ I spat, giving him an intense stare.

‘Wow- you sure do swear a lot…..’ said the tall boy, seeming a little shocked.

‘What’s it to you?’ I asked, crossing my arms.

‘Nothing. But idols aren’t really supposed to swear… you might wanna work on that, or you will never debut.’

He was looking me up and down. I could easily tell he was judging me. Wondering how I would do as an idol. At least, that’s what I do whenever I see another trainee. I shot him a cold look.

‘Shut up. Don’t tell me what to do. There’s a difference between stage personality and normal personality.’

‘Yeah- but you might wanna work on it so you don’t slip up.’

He gave me a ‘duh’ face. ‘en’ . What does he know?’

‘Leave me alone. I was fine before you came along.’

I turned round to head back to the centre of the room. I looked in front of the big mirror and starting going through the chorus. I could hear the tall boy trying to hide his laughter. I walked over to him.

‘Okay mister. What is your problem?’

‘The music doesn’t suit your dancing style. I thought the famous Choi Minki was a dance superstar.’ he said, still trying desperately not to laugh.

‘How the heck do you know my name?’

‘Some other trainees told me about you. You seem pretty popular among the female ones…’

‘Huh? I don’t even really talk to other trainees. They block me from practising. That being said… who the heck are you?’

‘Oh, sorry. My name is Hwang Minhyun. Just started today.’ he said, bowing.

‘Your name rhymes.’

‘Eh… I guess it kinda does…..’

‘Anyway- what was that you said about my dancing?’ I snapped.

‘Well- I’m not much of a good dancer, but it seems you are too… hmm…. tense? Serious? You kinda need to loosen up.’ He said, uncertainly scratching the back of his head.

‘Pffffffftt.’ I rolled my eyes and flicked my hair back. ‘Anyway- can I put my music back on? I kinda have been wanting to learn this dance for a while.’

‘You like Girls’ Generation?’

‘Of course not’ I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

‘No need to be rude.’

‘Look- I just wanted to come in here and practise. Then you showed up. Leave me alone okay!?’

‘Dude chill. Geez- there goes all the cool things I heard about you.’

Minhyun stormed out. ‘I don’t get why he was so rude.’ Minhyun thought to himself.

I plugged my iPod back in the speakers and restarted Genie. After one run through, other trainees started pouring into the studio to start dance class. I saw Minhyun at the back of the pack.

‘Well this day can’t get any worse can it?’
I unplugged my iPod and went to the front.

‘Just stay as far away from him as possible.'