Chapter 14: Testimonies Upon Testimonies

Redemption

No One’s POV

Krystal walked up to the stand, recited her oath and sat down. She looked over the crowd trying not to look anyone in the eyes. As she replied to the judge her voice shook and rage was clearly shown on her face. She talked about how her parents continuously asked for money over the years, and certain parts of her childhood that she recalled living with them, with interruptions here and there. Before she knew it her time on the stand was up, as she stood up she walked straight out of the courtroom and into the nearest bathroom. Thoughts of calming down were too far from her mind, she splashed some water onto her face and before she knew it her fist met the nearest wall, pain rushed through her fist, and arm. Finally tears ran down her face as she crouched down, holding herself, not knowing of what will happen next.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Jung were now called to the stand as the judge had heard enough of their outbursts and wanted them speak on their own behalf. Their faces stern and hard, looking for a way to prove a point that they had done what they could to support and guide all three of their children. Baby Jung held back every ounce of fury that rose by the second. His face flushed a deep red as he fought back tears of frustration while his parents claimed that his “punishments” were to help him become well mannered and obedient. That what he had gone through was nothing more than a lesson to be taught. And that their drinking habits were to relieve stress during the weekends and on special occasions. But little to their knowledge, Jessica and Krystal had told Topanga about what happened when they found out their mother was pregnant with Andrew. Topanga being the shark that she is, used it against them in the trial. Both parents were shocked that she even knew about it. She questioned them about it and came to find out that they weren't even planning on having Andrew. Before they could abort him, Jessica and Krystal had found out about the pregnancy and they couldn't terminate it. The judge had let them off the stand, which to Baby Jung seemed an eternity. Both kept a stern face while passing him by, feeling tension growing double with each breath he took. Right before they took their seats, Baby Jung couldn’t take it anymore and he slammed his fists down onto the table. The judge gave him a warning and he nodded before lowering his head down to his hands.  

 

Next up came Officer Benson, the officer that had found Andrew in the park the night he got thrown out of his home. Her voice was calm as she remembered exactly what she had seen that night. She recalled Andrews cuts, bruises, the blood that stained his clothes, the look on his face when he saw her, how cold it was that night where she needed a winter’s jacket and seeing that he had a thick sweater that barely kept him warm. She remembered that he had pleaded and begged her not to take him back to his parents and how detestable it was that his parents were pleased about what they did to their son. She looked towards Andrew with pure sympathy, as the judge let her off the stand to call her next witness.

 

The doctor made his way to the stand, his face stern and slightly disgusted as he looked in the direction of Andrew’s parents. The look on his face definitely read that he did not agree with anything that they had said. He sat down and took a minute to gather his thoughts; focusing on the task at hand and nodded when he was ready. After he was sworn in, he immediately took out Andrew’s x-rays and described to the court what injuries Andrew had suffered internally. Then he went on to explain the external injuries Andrew had suffered. He remembered that Andrew smelled strongly of blood, how Andrew flailed around on the bed as he and his team pulled the glass shards out, and the way he screamed in pain when they cleaned his wounds with hydrogen peroxide. As he was talking to the court, pictures from that night were being passed amongst the jury and the judge and no one looked happy. The judge had heard enough from the doctor and let him off the witness stand.

 

The judge waited for the doctor to sit down before making her announcement. She banged her hammer and said, “We will take a 60 min recess for lunch. When we come back, the next testimony I’ll hear will be from Andrew. Court dismissed.”

~Author’s Note: My co-author and I would like to apologize if the trial isn’t very realistic. For the sake of time, we decided to continue on with our original ideas. Remember that this is a story written for fun. Also Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you all! Thanks for following my story even when it takes us forever to update it! Comments are greatly appreciated, we love to hear your thoughts/feedback!~