Fear

Early Morning Glory

A/N: yes I know it's been basically a month. I'm so sorry ;--; School has been really hectic and honestly, I was also on writers block. This chapter is kind of short (to me), but I hope you enjoy it <33 (My chapter lengths will increase as the story progresses :D)

-----

When the group reached the halls of SM, they immediately walked to the dance studio. They had to get ready for performances that were laid out by their manager days ago. Most members didn’t think Tao was ready to be back on camera and performing, but he told them he was fine and wanted to be with the group on stage again. He didn’t want to wait anymore.

No other groups from SM knew about what happened to Tao. They decided to keep it a secret because they knew Tao didn’t like it when attention was focused on him. He liked to stay to himself and Kris. Sometimes he would stay with Minseok or Baekhyun, but they weren’t who he would prefer to be with.

When they got to the dance studio, they immediately started doing some stretches since it has been a few days since any of them, except Lay and Kay, have actually danced.

Tao decided to practice some wushu and settled himself into his beginning position; he started stretching and started trying to do some flips and splits. The flips were a bit difficult because they gave him slight pain in his arms and splits were pretty difficult as well. Tao’s eyes watered a bit at the thought of not being able to do wushu anytime soon, but he didn’t let any tears fall. He didn’t want to look weak.

“Guys, are you ready to dance?” The instructor asked as he walked into the studio. He looked around at everyone and then spoke again. “Did you guys stretch yet? If not, we can start with some stretches.” He suggested.

“We stretched already while waiting for you” Kai said. The rest of EXO nodded, agreeing with what Kai said.

Throughout the whole practice, Tao had to stop from crying out in pain and falling to the ground. He was in so much pain. That attack did more damage than he thought.

Kris looked at Tao through the mirror and saw how he kept flinching at certain moves throughout the practice. He wanted to tell Tao to sit down, but he knew no too. He really didn’t want to start problems. He knew Tao would fight back and continue to dance no matter what he said.

As practice when on, Tao felt like dropping to the floor completely. His arms and legs felt like led. ‘I guess this is what happens when you’re tortured and don’t practice anything for a few days’ He thought grimacing a bit.

“Tao? There’s someone at the door with something for you. Go get it and come right back.” The instructor said, gently patting him on his shoulder. Tao looked up at him and nodded.

Walking to the door, he noticed there was a delivery man with a small bouquet of dead flowers. “This is for you sir.” He smirked and placed the bouquet in Tao’s hand. “Make sure you read the card sweetheart” Grinning, he walked away.

‘W-what… is this?’ Tao thought as he spotted the small card. Opening it, his face paled severely and his eyes widened a lot.

To my little Tao,

Did you really think you got away from me? I know where you work and I know where you live.

I’m coming back for you sweetheart <3

By the way, do you like the flowers? I picked them out just for you. That is exactly how you will be when I’m finished with you.

Dead.

Love, your fan, Dae <3

Dropping the bouquet and the card, he backed away from it. ‘No. No. NO.’ Tao fell to his knees and started to shake his head. He didn’t notice the rest of EXO and the instructor run to him. He didn’t want him to return. He didn’t him back in his life. It hasn’t even been that long, why is he already back? ‘Does he want me to stay scared for my life? Does he want to fully break me? Why me? Why?’

Tao kept chanting the same thoughts in his head over and over, not noticing that Kris had put him in his arms. His breath quickened and he started to have trouble breathing. Black spots were filling his vision.

“Kris! He’s hyperventilating!” The instructor said, looking at the distraught state of the panda.

“Tao, baby, you have to breathe.” He said as calmly as he could. He was severely shaken up himself. He saw the dead flowers on the floor, but he didn’t read the note. ‘Was that what has Tao all shaken up like this?’ He thought.

Noticing that his panda hasn’t calmed down at all, he picked him up and moved him away from that area. He needed space and time. “Tao! Listen to me! You have to BREATHE.” He made Tao look at him. His eyes were dilated and he was sweating profusely. “K-Kris…” he whined in pain. “I’m here baby. Just calm down please.”

His breathing slowed a bit, “It hurts Kris…”

“I know, but you have to calm down and breathe.”

Taking a few breaths of air, he finally started to calm down. He was still shaken up, but he felt better than a few minutes ago.

The rest of EXO and the dance instructor moved away from the two into another dance studio. They knew that they had to leave them alone. Kris knew what he was doing; this isn’t the first time he had to stop Tao hyperventilating.

Noticing he was alone in the studio, he kissed Tao lightly. His panda was lying in his arms, looking asleep, but Kris knew he was far from it. Waiting a few moment, he placed Tao onto the couch carefully  and walked over to the dead flowers and the card.

Reading the card, his vision became red. He was furious. He couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it. He crushed the card angrily. Looking at the dead flowers, he growled.

‘I promise to protect him, no matter what. If protecting him takes my life, so be it.’ He thought, walking back to Tao, but not before throwing the card in the trash.