The Dream

Early Morning Glory

 

Crack

Crack

Crack

The object sounded on his back. The person whimpered every time it came into contact with his back. The world was black all around him. He heard a voice speaking near him, but he couldn’t pinpoint exactly where the voice was coming from. He couldn’t even tell who the person speaking was, it sounded too far away. “Don’t you remember me?” He heard that clearly. It was him. It was the guy that had basically humiliated him. It was the guy who took his innocence. It was the anti.

His body tensed up in fear. He knew by him having control of a weapon, he was bound to a session of complete pain and misery. He looked around as much as he could without gaining a headache, but he couldn’t move much because the pain had actually restricted his movement. “I knew you would remember me my little TaoTao.” The voice said. Tao did not remember the guy’s name and it wasn’t like he wanted to remember.

“You got away from me Tao…” The guy whispered into Tao’s ear. He shivered in disgust.

Crack.

More pain was brought onto his shoulder.

Crack.

This time, his chest.

Crack.

The object, which felt like a whip, was slapped onto his thighs.

He cried out in extreme pain. This was just like what experienced the first time.

“I hope you know… your little friends won’t be able to do anything about this. You’re mine. Even your little boyfriend Kris can’t do anything about it because nobody knows who I am but you…” He whispered into Tao’s ear, the shell lightly. Tao just groaned in pain and disgust.

He felt something grab him by his throat. He couldn’t tell if it was his hand or some other material, but it quickly cut off his air supply. “You will enjoy this” He heard as he was gasping for air. “No...” he moaned.

Crack

“S-stop…. Please”

Crack

“Please! Just stop…”

Crack

“It hurts…”

Crack

“Tao…”

“Tao…”

“Tao!”

“Tao! It’s just a dream!”

“Wake up Tao!”

He opened his eyes and shot out of bed in fear. He was afraid that the anti was still with him.

Tao wasn't himself. He was cooped up in the room he shared with Minseok. He always wanted the Baozi by his side; not romantically. He knew that Jongdae would get jealous, so he only stood by him. 'As long as someone's next to me,' he'd always say when Kris had asked. He been distant toward Kris and Kris didn't know why. He figured he'd ask Minseok but to his dismay, he didn't know either. Whenever he approached Tao about the matter, he'd always change the topic. Kris knew something was bothering Tao, and he was gonna find out what.

When Kris found Tao screaming in his and Minseok’s shared room, he knew he had to wake Tao up. Tao was scratching at his skin in his sleep and severely arching off the bed at such an extreme angle, it didn’t look like any normal person can do that.

"Tao, it's okay! I'm here! No one's going to hurt you! Minseok, wake up! How come you didn't hear anything you dumba--" Kris was cut off by Tao's panting and Minseok looking at him with tired and confused eyes.

“Wha- what’s going on?” Minseok mumbled. He looked at Kris and then at Tao. His vision was blurry with sleep so he couldn’t tell how serious the situation was. When his vision was finally clear enough, he looked at Tao again and quickly sprung out of bed towards his bed. “W-what happened?!”

Tao had basically become one with the wall as Minseok inched closer. "Minseok, move back, you're scaring him." He did as Kris said with reluctance. As soon as he did, Jongdae opened the door. "What's going on? I heard screaming..." He rubbed his eyes and scanned the room. Tao's eyes snapped to Jongdae and then back to Minseok. "Nothing Jongdae, go back to sleep." Minseok walked to the door and pecked him on the cheek. "I'll leave you two alone." And with that he closed the door.

Jongdae knew it was Tao by the sound of the screams, so he didn’t go further with the questioning. Tao has been having nightmares ever since he returned to EXO’s dormitory. He pained him a bit to know that he couldn’t help one of his brothers, but he left the job to Minseok and Kris since they are the closest to Tao. “Tao…” He whispered as he silently went into his room and laid down on his bed, eventually falling asleep.

Kris looked at Tao, who was looking at the ground. The younger looked vulnerable, and he didn't like that. He pulled Tao into a small hug and kissed his forehead. "Listen, Zitao. I need you to tell me what's wrong. Minseok and I will do whatever we can to help you." Tao didn't bulge. "... I'll go make some tea." Minseok made an excuse to leave the room simply because he didn't want to hear what was wrong with Tao. It's not that he didn't care; he just didn't know what to do in this situation. When Minseok opened the door, Lu Han had stumbled on to the floor. "H-hello gege..."

“Luhan?” Minseok questioned. “What were you doing in front of our door?”

“U-um… I heard Tao’s screams and I didn’t want to bother you guys… so I decided to listen in, hoping that I can try and hear what was happening.” He explained, rising to his feet. Minseok just stared at him and frowned a bit. “You could have knocked…” he mumbled. Luhan ignored Minseok and walked over to Tao. He heard Tao whimper a bit and stopped walking. “Is he… afraid of me?” He asked sadly. Kris looked at him and shook his head. “He’s not scared of you, he’s scared of anything or anyone moving towards him. It’s a wonder that I was able to get so close to him” Kris explained in a small voice.

Lu Han cast his eyes to the floor. "W-where did Minseok gege go?" Looking over at the door where his gege was currently not there. Kris stood up and glanced sadly at Tao. "He went to make some tea. Let's go." As Kris and Lu Han began to walk away, Tao started to cry. "Kris gege! Please don't leave me!" Kris looked behind him with eyes full of worry.

"Zitao... I--" before he could finish, Tao ran to him and hugged him tightly, kissing him on the lips. "I'm so scared gege... please promise that you'll protect me... I don't want to be left alone..." Kris motioned for Lu Han to leave, who look flustered and tired.

When Luhan left, he looked at the panda that was in his arms. He couldn’t leave him now, not in this state. He walked with Tao over to his bed and situated their bodies so that Tao was in his lap. “Tao, what happened?” He asked more firmly. Tao just shook his head.

He didn’t want to tell Kris. He didn’t want to remember the dream. He hated feeling weak and looking weak in front of Kris, but at this moment, he couldn’t help it; he was afraid. He was afraid that the guy would come back and harm him once more. He was afraid that the next time he was taken, he would never return to EXO. He didn’t want that. He just wanted to be in Kris’ arms and rapping with the group. He wanted to not be afraid. He wanted to not be weak. He wanted to not have any more nightmares. He didn’t want anything else to happen to his life.


Subscribe, upvote & comment please! NO silent readers D: ~