Day Two Of.. Chanyeol.

Seven Days.

 

          Jade officially woke up around eleven – the usual time – and heard nothing but the air conditioner and her own breathing. Her neck felt sore from lying in the same position all night; she hid under her covers still afraid that this Chanyeol guy was some mental patient who escaped and was out to get her. He seemed a bit.. psychopathic. To say the least.

          She yawned, covering with her hand, and then rubbed her eyes. Quickly her mind began working and she thought of everything she needed to do: chores, feed Jisook yet again, deal with the stalker in her apartment, and go to work. A full day of her dull, boring routine, with the exception of Chanyeol. He was nowhere near dull and boring in her terms.

          “You talk in your-“ that familiar deep voice spoke into her ear and her heart nearly imploded. She let out a scream and pushed herself up and away from him; in the process she lost balance and fell backwards off of the bed. Groaning in pain from hitting her head on the hardwood floor, Jade peeked her eyes open and saw a worried Chanyeol staring at her. Her feet were on the bed and he poked one of them. “Are you okay?”

          “Why me?” she asked herself. He looked at her confused. “Why are you in my room- No! Why are you on my bed?” She made no effort to even move since she hurt too much.

          He smiled wide. “I got lonely and I could hear you talking. I wanted to see what you were doing.” She raised an eyebrow. “Do all humans do this? We have a demi-God who-“

         “No, no, no.” She didn’t want to hear this nonsense this morning. She waved her hands frantically, but Chanyeol didn’t care.

          “His name is Lay-“

          “Shut up, Chanyeol.”

          “But he is half human and-“

          “I swear to God-“

          “Which one?”

          “Chanyeol!” Jade yelled at him. He just smiled, knowing that that last comment of his would make her like that. It was a joke, after all. He simply laughed and reached out a hand to her, offering to help her up from her seemingly uncomfortable position on the floor. After hesitating to let him help her, she did and he pulled her up with ease.

          “Sorry,” he told her as she stood up and rubbed her head. She eyed him. He was a pain to her, literally. The fact he was always smiling about something bothered her, too. Who smiles that much? “But there is Apollo and Erebos and-“ She glared at him and he shut his mouth.

          She walked towards her bedroom door, Chanyeol leaping off of the bed and following behind; he made sure to keep his distance like she said. He measured the distance to be about two feet or so. “Jisook says ‘good morning, Umma~’” Chanyeol told her, singing in an off-key voice.

          “What’s so good about this morning?” Jade muttered to herself, remembering the previous event that happened in her bedroom. Jade felt that weird presence again, and turned around to find she was in fact being followed again by the strange guy; his tall figure was inches away and he quickly took a few steps back. At least he was doing what she had said to do. “Do you have to follow me?”

          “I have nothing else to do. Plus, this is interesting!”

          “How?”

          “Do all humans walk around at home without pants on? I mean, people wear tunics, but…” Jade’s eyes widened and she looked down. She was wearing her old, oversized t-shirt that went down to her mid-thigh. She cleared and pushed past Chanyeol, a blush creeping onto her face, but he didn’t see. She slammed her door and locked it, Chanyeol following behind and tried to enter, but failed to do so because of the lock. “What’s wrong?” he called to her.

          “Go..” she tried to think of something he could do, “examine the air or something!” That was the stupidest thing she could think of doing, but at least that wasn’t dangerous. She sighed in relief when he replied with an ‘okay’ and walked away from the door. She saw his shadow disappear. She closed her eyes and sighed inwardly. This was how her day would start. She could already tell it wasn’t going to go great.

 

 

          “What on Earth are you doing?” Jade asked Chanyeol as she stared at him in disbelief.

          “Examining the air?” he responded, looking back at her. He then looked back at the air conditioner and stuck his tongue out at it, letting the cool breeze hit it. He shivered, goosebumps forming everywhere. “Cold. Is my examination over?”  He looked back at her. Jade was covering with her hands, trying her best not to laugh. She was sure he wouldn’t go and try examining air. How do you even examine air? Apparently, according to Chanyeol, this was how; standing in front of a running air conditioner and sticking your tongue out at it. “Did I do it wrong?” She shook her head, hands still over . “Then why are you like that?” He was now fully facing her with a blank expression taking over his face. He was sure he did that properly. But he couldn’t be for sure because where he was from, there were no machines like that and things were hotter. Plus, he wasn’t up-to-date with Earth things like the others were. Blame him for not reading.

          Jade finally uncovered and took a deep breath, trying to assure herself that laughing wasn’t the nicest thing to do at the moment. She looked at Chanyeol and frowned, hoping her acting was good enough. “That was good.. enough. It isn’t like you major in air examination or anything.” He pouted at her words, a bit hurt. Of course he wasn’t an expert in it. There was no such thing, but he didn’t know that, now did he?

          “Such a stupid thing anyways,” he said quietly as Jade reached down to pick up Jisook. The cat squirmed uncomfortably in her grip, clawing her before Jade dropped her back to the floor, hissing at the sting from the claw marks.

          “I’m going to clean up around here. Can you watch Jisook?” Jade asked after a minute, still looking down at the scratches. Jisook was already at Chanyeol’s feet, rubbing herself against his lower legs and purring. Jade felt a combination of hurt and jealousy; her very own cat was basically in love with Chanyeol or something. What was she now? Just a bunch of atoms combined, blood and internal organs, and a clustered mind all stuck in a body.

          “Sure!” Chanyeol replied in a cheery tone, sitting down on the floor and pulling the white cat onto his lap. Jade could almost see the cat smirking, but that was very unlikely. Cats don’t smirk. “So cute!” Chanyeol cooed to the cat, rubbing her stomach.

          For the next hour, Jade busied herself in her kitchen first (after tending to the stupid marks her cat made), snacking on chips and scrubbing the cabinets, the floor, and the dirty dishes she hadn’t done in days. She gagged when she found her expired milk in the cabinet behind her cereal boxes. How did that even get there?

          “Is your name Jade?” Chanyeol asked Jade as he walked into the kitchen, cradling Jisook in his long arms. Jade just nodded, full from biting onto a piece of a poptart. “I forgot to ask yesterday.”  Jade continued to clean as Chanyeol stood there. “Can I help?” Jade shook her head. “Let me help.” Jade swallowed the rest of the poptart that was in and turned to Chanyeol. He just smiled. He always smiled.

          “Take the cleaner,” she said, pointing to the spray bottle of cleaner, “and that wash cloth and clean the bathtub in the bathroom.” He nodded and put Jisook down.

          Jade watched as he walked to the bathroom, items in hand, and entered it. Jade sighed, hoping this wasn’t a bad idea. “This stuff smells bad! Do I just spray it at the bathtub? Then scrub?” Jade facepalmed. A few minutes passed with some much welcomed silence. Hopefully Chanyeol got the hang of the simple cleaning task and would finally shut-
          “Jade! It’s on my skin!” Jade stopped. She then let out a quiet laugh and set her own wash cloth down and proceeded to walk to her tiny bathroom. Having cleaning solution on your skin wasn’t bad unless you were severely allergic to it and in Chanyeol’s case, she knew that wasn’t possible. That is if he was right about being a God or whatever.

          “Chanyeol, I don’t think-“ she stopped and stared wide-eyed at the boy. He was standing in the bathtub, spray bottle in one hand, raised in the air, and his other arm outstretched from him towards her. There was a moth on his sleeve; a tiny, gray moth about the size of a coin. “Are you kidding me?” He looked from the insect to Jade, a scared look on his face.

          “It has little antennas!” he whispered loudly as if talking above a whisper would make the harmless moth attack him. His whisper wasn’t too quiet, however, but telling him that wouldn’t make matters better. “Does it sting?”

 

 

 

 

 


 

author's notes;
 SCmaknaeShappo, because you are awesome (and a silly goose, my friend), I updated.^^ I have 54 pages on my Word Doc for this, plus another entire word doc.. even if it is a bit boring, sorry. just.. it makes me happy when someone wants me to actually update. c: <3