Chapter 4

Goodbye...

Suddenly my cell phone's blowing up

With your ring tone

I hesitate but answer it anyway

You sound so alone

And I'm surprised to hear you say

 

You remember when we kissed

You still feel it on your lips

The time that you danced with me

With no music playing

You remember the simple things

We talk till we cry

You said that your biggest regret

The one thing you wish I'd forget

Is saying goodbye

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I try to close my eyes but I don’t why I can’t. Suddenly my phone blowing up with your ringtone but I not surprised anymore as you always call me but never say a word. Why?

I look at the screen and hesitate for a while, debate with my heart whether I want to pick or just ignore it. Lastly I decided to pick up your call.

‘Hello’

*silent

‘Myungsoo-ah if you don’t want to talk don’t bother to call me’

*silent

I sigh and decided to cut the line before I hear that voice. Voice I miss so much and the nickname that make my heart beat fast.

‘Jong..jongie, don put the phone. I’m sorry. What are you doing?’

‘Nothing and you?’

I don’t why we chat like a old friend without any problem. I waiting for him to open the problem so we can settle it fast because I hurt to pretend we ok.

‘I at the playground we use to play, look at the sky like it going to rain’

He voice, it sounds so alone. I am walking to my balcony and watch the sky. Yeah, I think it’s going to rain because I can’t see any star.

‘Hey Jongie you remember we dance hear without any music in the rain and people see us like we a crazy people.’

I can hear little giggle.

‘How could I forget Myungsoo, you a thief who stole my first kiss. That day I had been nagging and grounded for a week by my brother because I stay at your house and do not inform my hyung.’

Then, him laughing hardly as I giggle myself.

‘Hey, you like it right? Your first kiss is double super sweet’

‘Whatever! Hey myungie my picture u take without my permission, you should give me back’

‘Hell no, all that picture look stunning baby and Jongie I love when you call me that’

*silent

‘Don’t cry myungie’

‘NO, I’m not. I just have flu’

 ‘Yeah right, you have a fine voice before that suddenly you voice change and you get flu in 5 minute. Please choose the logic reason next time’

I know him crying right now as my tear also flowing down right now. Yes we both cry silently and it because how much we miss each other.

‘I… Get a new job but I have to stay at California’

I shock for a while. California?

‘Will you come with me Jongie? I don’t want to force you and I accept all your decision although it may hurt me’

I keep my mouth sealed as I still thinking. He waits patiently for my answer. Clock keeps tickling but I still not say a word.

‘I ..i..i.. can’t!’

I answer it and I busted in to tears.

‘We need time Myunggie and we should be separated from each other. Let follow the fate, what it decided for us, whether we have a destiny together or not. I believe we will meet again if we fate to be together. I’m sorry’

‘No it oks. I’m ok, well I respect your decision’

‘Myungie you should go home now? It cold outside and I need a sleep because I have to work tomorrow. Take care and good…..’

Before I could say that word he interrupts me.

‘Not that damn word Jongie because that word i lose you/ Let say take care and see you soon because I will find you first when I come home. Please wait’

‘I will Myungie. See you soon’

Then the phone silent down and only hear a beep sound as a signal the conversation is end. I clutched my chest as I can feel my heart hurt so damn much and I kneel in my balcony as I cry harder. I will wait for you Myungie and I promise I won’t go again although you chase me away. Let pray GOD will make our destiny chain together.