Introduction

The Hostess

Juhyun left the airport in Seoul when it was nine o'clock in the evening. 

She walked for a while and saw the moon rise above the houses.

The sky was full of stars and the air was cold.

Juhyun felt the wind streak her cheeks.

"Excuse me", she said, "is there a hotel nearby that is not too expensive?" 

"Try the S♥neJack", the man answered "it's not too far from here on the other side of the street."

Juhyun thanked him, got her luggage and began walking to the S♥neJack.

She's never been to Seoul and she knew no one in there.

Juhyun was 20 years old.

She wore new clothes that her mother gave to her and her mood was brilliant.

In the wide street she walked along, were no shops; only two rows of high houses that all looked the same.

Suddenly Juhyun's gaze fell on a window that was brightly lit by a street lamp.

On one of the windowpanes sticked a note. Room with Breakfast it said.

Juhyun stopped. Then she came closer.

She went to the window and looked through the windowpane in the room.

The first thing Juhyun saw was a fireplace in which bright fire burned.

On the carpet in front of the fireplace laid a pretty dog, rolled, with the nose under its tummy.

The room was quite nicely decorated Juhyun noticed.

In the room was also a piano with a parrot in a cage.

Animals are always a good sign she thought.

Surely it is going to be a lot more comfortable in here than in the S♥neJack.

But maybe a hotel is still better than a boarding house.

There were more people you could talk to and it was much cheaper.

Juhyun has already been to a hotel once and she was quite satisfied.

A boarding house though she only knew by name and to be honest she was a bit afraid.

Just the word sounded like disgusting food, stingy hostesses and bad smell.

After Juhyun thought about that for 2 or 3 minutes she decided to check out the S♥neJack first.

When she turned around something strange happened.

Her gaze was locked on the note that sticked on the window. 

Room with Breakfast she read. Room with Breakfast, Room with Breakfast, Room with Breakfast. 

Every word was like a big black eye that looked through her, didn't let her go.

All of a sudden Juhyun stood in front of the housedoor with her hand on the bell.

At the same time - it had to be at the same time because when she laid her finger on the door bell the door sprung open and in front of her stood a woman.

When you ring on a doorbell it usually takes about half a minute before someone opens the door.

But this woman: you push the button and she already jumps out! Almost scary was that.

She had to be about the same age like Juhyun and greeted her with a warm welcoming smile.

"Please come closer", she friendly said.

She held the door wide open and Juhyun went forward automatically.

The urge to go into that house was extraordinarily strong.

"I read the note on the window", Juhyun explained.

"Yes, I know."

"I'm searching a room."

"Everything is ready for you, dear", she answered.

Her face was beautiful and her eyes as big as that of a deer.

"How much is that room?"

"5$ for a night including breakfast."

That was incredibly cheap.

"5$ is good", Juhyun said. "I'd like to stay here."

"I knew it. Come on in."

She really seemed to be nice.

Juhyun took off her jacket and entered.

When she hung her jacket up she didn't see any other jackets in the wardrobe - nothing.

"We have everything for us alone", the woman commented. "It's not often that I get to harbor a guest in my house."

This woman sure is weird Juhyun thought.

"I would have thought you were full of guests", she said politely.

"I am, dear, I am. The thing is just that I'm a bit picky if you know what I mean."

"Of course."

"But I'm always ready for the case that a beautiful young woman appears. And it makes me really happy, dear, really happy, when I open the door and someone stands in front of me who is just right."

The woman led Juhyun to the stairs and stopped.

"Like you", she added and her gaze went from Juhyun's eyes to her feet and up again.

When they came to the 1st floor the woman said: "I live here."

They climbed one step higher. "And this is your empire", she continued. "I hope you like your room."

She opened the door of a small but nice room and switched the light on.

"In the morning the sun shines directly into the window, Ms Lee. Your name is Ms Lee, right?"

"No", Juhyun said. "Seo."

"Ms Seo. How Pretty." "I'm happy that you came here", the woman asserted and looked seriously in Juhyun's face. "I was starting to worry."

 

OK, I know this chapter is a little bit boring(?). But this is just the introduction anyways. All the mystery stuff is going to start in the next chapter. So I hope you stay tuned!