Borrowed Time

The Last Promise

Author's POV


"Borrowed time with him." Hana look down.

Hyunsik sighed.

"Everything has started Hana. We can't get away with this. You said you can make it right? You can't quit." he said.

"B-but i felt guilty Hyunsik. I'm lying to him. W-what if he finds out the truth behind all these? I-I'm afraid he will hate me—"

"Stop it Hana! Listen to me." he cupped her chin.

"Everything will turn out fine. Yunmi's death is a secret. I told you to take all your hesitations away, and go on with your new life. As her. Remember what Yunmi said? She's wishing for your happiness..." Hyunsik is trying to cheer her up.

"I know you're being bothered by my situation. I'm sorry Hyunsik." she apologized.

"Babo. Why are you thinking that way?"

"Because—" suddenly her phone rings. It's Eunkwang.

"Y-Yeoboseyo?"

"You're still in the hospital?" he asked. She turned to Hyunsik before answering.

"Y-yes. Why?"

"I'll fetch you. I'm on my way. See you." after that, he ended the call.

"What did he said?"  Hyunsik asked.

"He said he will fetch me here."

"Well, that's good."

"Mwo?"

"I have something to talk with him." Hana raised her brows.

"What is it?"

But instead of answering, Hyunsik stood up and walk to the door.

"Hyunsik-ah!"

He turned to her before opening the door.

"It doesn't have anything to do with you."

"Then why talking with him?"

"Just leave it to me—" but when Hyunsik opened the door, Eunkwang was standing there, he was about to knock.

"Is Yunmi here?" he asked. He looks so serious. Hana suddenly appeared behind Hyunsik.

"E-Eunkwang..."

"Are you done? Come, I'll send you home." he said. But Hyunsik interrupted.

"Can we talk for a while?" Eunkwang stared at him.

"I have something to talk with you too." Eunkwang said.

"I'll just wait for you at the lobby Eunkwang." Hana said.

Eunkwang nodded.

 


 

Hyunsik's POV

 

Within his stares, I know he's jealous.

"You're getting along with Yunmi these days." Eunkwang started.

"Besides her specialist, I'm also her friend, and a confidante. I don't see anything wrong with that." I took a sip on my coffee.

"But don't you think it's a little bit awkward? She's a married woman now. With me."

I smirked.

"If you're thinking that way, forget it." I said.

"What?"

"That twins, they are more than a friend to me. I became their older brother. The day you met them, I thought to myself, should I leave my responsibility to him? Can he make them happy like I always did before? Then I saw Hana and Yunmi's eyes, they're both happy around you. But I realized that you're a man, and you have to choose only one among them."

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Did you ever consider Hana's feelings too? Or you're just too numb not noticing it?"

Eunkwang look down. I continue talking.

"Hana loves you." Eunkwang look up to me, surprised.

"Why are you telling this to me? I thought you and Hana are..."

"So you don't really love Yunmi that much?"

"I love her!" Eunkwang his fist on the table.

"C'mon Eunkwang, I see it in your eyes. Do you have any regrets?"

"I don't regret anything Hyunsik. If you're trying to ruin my relationship with Yunmi, I'm telling you, you can't do that."

"I'm just making it clear." I stood up.

"I hope nothing's change after you found out everything. Just make Yunmi happy and you will never hear anything from me." I decided to leave him.

 


 

Eunkwang's POV

 

Ah, what's the meaning of this? And what's his purpose of telling me that?

I'm a married person now. I can't turn back the times. Even though, a part of me regretting it, after finding out the truth.

No, Yunmi needs me more than she does. I must forget my feelings for her. Those old feelings.

Suddenly my phone rings.

"Eunkwang, I'm sorry I wasn't able to wait for you. I went back home alone."

"Mwo? Why?"

"Don't worry. I'm here. In our new house. And I will make it up for you so I decided to prepare dinner for the two of us. Can you come?"

"Yunmi, I'm not mad if that's what you think." I said. But she was silenced.

"But if you really insist, of course I'm coming." I chuckled.

"Thank you. By the way, I'll hang up. I'm in the kitchen."

"Yunmi..." I sighed.

"Yes?"

"I love you." I said.

"Me too. Okay! Enough. Just come here please?" she laughed.

"Okay..."