Chapter Two

Crossdresser

(I haven't proofread it yet but wwooOOOO I finally updated yessssss hope you like it!!)

                Ilhoon was leaning against the window of the store he just left with Sungjae. His friend was animatedly describing how many different ways he could use the new accessory he bought and Ilhoon sighed knowing that once Sungjae started talking about something he wouldn’t stop.

                He heard a noise and looked to his left but it was just some trash being stepped on by the people passing by. About thirty feet away, and walking toward them, he noticed someone familiar. ‘Oh ,’ he thought.

“Sungsook we have to go.”

“Why? I’m tired just let me rest more!” Sungjae whined “Unnie!”

“That kid goes to my school,” Ilhoon hissed “We have to leave now!”

                It was too late however because Hyunsik and Changsub were already behind them.

“Did you drop this?” Hyunsik asked as he flashed his crescent moon smile.

“No.” Ilhoon started walking away and was about ten feet away when he turned around and angrily said, “Sungsook are you coming?”

“Wait before you go do you think you could give her my number?” Hyunsik pleaded.

                Sungjae smiled mischieveously, “Are you interested in her? Hmm how about you give me your number and the next time we’re in Itaewon I’ll text you and you can meet us and surprise her. If I give her your number she won’t text you believe me. It’ll be a challenge to get close to her.”

                Hyunsik gave Sungjae his phone number and hoped that his newly found love would turn out well. He was confident in himself and he hoped it wouldn’t backfire in him.

“Her name is Ilsoon by the way,” Sungjae said as he waved goodbye.

                Hyunsik repeated the name in his mind and it made him feel giddy. ‘What a perfect name for a goddess’ he thought. He didn’t vocalize his thoughts however because he knew his companion would just laugh at him so he kept his happiness bottled up only for himself to enjoy.

                When Sungjae caught up to Ilhoon he was furious.

“What if he recognized me? Everything would be over I’d have to change schools and my parents…my parents would kill me!”

“Why do you think I stayed behind? I had to make sure that you were safe believe me he doesn’t know anything. Besides, who would think that such an ugly boy could turn into such a pretty girl?”

                Ilhoon scoffed, “Alright fine but if he finds out and I’m ruined I’ll just live under your bed for the rest of my life.”

 

               Although for the past few days Ilhoon had been sitting with Hyunsik and Changsub for lunch on their insistance, he still never looked forward to seeing Hyunsik at school so he always tried to hide whenever possible. If he was walking down the hall, Ilhoon would instantly run into a nearby classroom or bathroom. He'd gotten to know them better through their conversations at lunch but he didn't appreciate it since they basically forced him to sit with them. Changsub and Hyunsik just felt sad seeing him sit alone so they sat with him one day out of kindness but they ended up really enjoying his company.

                Everyday Ilhoon tried to escape from them during lunch but they always captured him somehow. It's not like Ilhoon didn't like sitting with them, he just didn't want them to start talking about Ilsoon because he wasn't sure how he'd handle it.

                Hyunsik wasn’t stupid so of course he noticed that Ilhoon was trying to avoid them and when he was about to run into the bathroom to spend his lunch period one day, he intercepted him and grabbed him by his arm.

                “Hey what’s going on with you? You have to eat lunch with us okay we’re not gonna bite you so don’t avoid us.” Ilhoon smiled sheepishly and followed his hyung to their usual table.

“Ilhoonie how was your weekend?” Changsub asked.

“Ah it was okay…I went shopping.”

“Oh where?” Hyunsik was suddenly curious.

“A new shop…in Itaewon” Ilhoon could feel a nervous sweat working up. He didn’t want Hyunsik to make the connection that the girl he saw was actually him.

“Oh really?” Hyunsik said nonchalantly, “We went to Itaewon over the weekend too. Itaewon…so many pretty girls…” he trailed off.

“What?” Ilhoon let out a nervous laugh.

“Eh can you believe this he thinks he saw the love of his life?” Changsub laughed.

“It’s not funny!” Hyunsik exclaimed “I’ve never felt this way before. How could she do this to me when all I did was look at her?”

“Maybe she’s a witch,” his friend teased.

“Yah if you don’t want a fight you’ll stop”

“Eh whatever what kinda name is Ilsoon anyway?” Changsub mused.

                Ilhoon nearly choked on the water he was drinking. He instantly felt nauseous and thought to himself ‘How the hell do they know my name? And he thinks I’m the love of his life? What?!?’

“Are you okay?” Hyunsik put his arm on his dongsaeng’s back and Ilhoon was angry that he let himself think that the warmth felt nice.

“I’m fine,” he said as he moved away from his hyung’s touch “but how do you know her name were you stalking her or something?”

“Of course not! Her friend told us right Changsub?” his friend nodded in agreement and Hyunsik couldn’t understand why Ilhoon looked so angry.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” Ilhoon walked away his countenance twisted in an array of emotions.

“Why did you tell them my name?!” Ilhoon hissed into his cellphone’s microphone.

“Ah don’t be so angry! He was so in love with you I had to tell him! Look this could be a good thing for you.”

“What the hell are you talking about how could this possibly be good?” Ilhoon snapped.

“Just go on a date with him! You need some love in your life it’ll make you happy and I know he’s your type.”

“Are you insane?! I’m a boy pretending to be a girl I can’t go on a date with him!”

“That’s what you say now.”

                “Ugh stop it! I’m just so pissed at you!” Ilhoon hung up on Sungjae and put his head in his knees. He was sitting on the floor in the bathroom stall and he didn’t want to move. He didn’t feel like facing a world where he couldn’t be himself…where he refused to be himself. When the bell rang signaling the end of lunch he didn’t leave. He just stayed still holding back the hot tears that were forming behind his eyelids.

                He hated crying especially when they were tears of frustration but eventually they spilled over and he couldn’t stop causing him to feel even more pathetic.  

                He sat there wallowing in his frustration for two class periods with no intention of moving when an unwelcome visitor walked into the bathroom.

                Hyunsik had to pee but he stopped when he noticed a familiar pair of shoes on the ground. He walked over to the stall and knocked. There was no reply.

                “Ilhoon-ah,” he called, “Why are you sitting on the ground? We were worried about you when you suddenly left…have you been sitting here the whole time?” There was no reply.

                “Ah you’re gonna be difficult huh? Alright” he used the bathroom washed his hands and entered the stall right next to Ilhoon’s. He climbed on the toilet and looked over the stall at Ilhoon.

                “I can see you now are you still gonna be difficult?” Ilhoon’s face was in his knees and there was still no reply. Hyunsik decided to take it a step further and he climbed over the stall wall. They were now in the same stall and Hyunsik sat down right in front of Ilhoon. The space was tight and their knees were touching.

                He combed Ilhoon’s hair with his hair and cooed, “Look at what I’m doing for you why won’t you look at me?”

                There was a moment of silence and then Ilhoon said, “What are you a monkey?” Although he still had his head down, Hyunsik smiled at the progress.

                “I won’t ask you what’s wrong because I figure you’ll talk if you want to but I do want to make you feel better. So I’m not gonna leave until you feel better.”

“You’re gonna miss class.”

“So?”

“Two boys in one stall looks really weird.”

“It does.”

“So why are you still here?”

“Because you’re cuter when you smile.”

                Ilhoon felt his heart skip a beat and he hated himself for it. He knew if he looked up that he’d see that shining eyesmile and then it really would be over. His heart would instantly belong to this man…he looked up.

                The sight of his smile made the blood rush to Ilhoon’s cheeks. In that moment he really wished he was a girl because at least then things wouldn’t be so impossible.

                They talked for a long time and Ilhoon thought it was amazing how easy it was to converse with him. Hyunsik was incredibly unguarded and he talked about everything from his childhood to his grades to his fears. When he compared his hyung’s personality to his own, he became envious. He talked about everything with such cheerfulness and attention to detail while Ilhoon was very blunt and didn’t enjoy talking about his personal issues very much.

                Ilhoon sat there talking to him until school ended and every moment his heart grew heavier. He stood up, walked out of the stall, and started stretching. His legs were quite stiff from sitting so long.

“I’m sorry I was such a baby and you had to take care of me hyung,” Ilhoon laughed.

“Ah you smiled,” Hyunsik said quietly.

“What?”

                “Ah it wasn’t a big deal! Your face is really cute and I like looking at it so,” his eyes formed into his trademark crescent moons.

                Hyunsik couldn’t have realized that his dongsaeng was practically drooling because of that smile. “Ah I have to go home…but thank you…I think I feel a little better now.” Ilhoon smiled sincerely at his hyung and walked out of the bathroom.

                On his way home, he was hit with a surge of emotions. He was happy that Hyunsik felt that he was in love with Ilsoon because after all it was him but he didn’t know what he’d do if he ever found out that Ilsoon was Ilhoon. He wished that he could just permanently live as Ilsoon or have Hyunsik fall in love with Ilhoon. It was the first time since he started crossdressing that he actually felt like two different people.

                He thought about telling Sungjae about his problems but he already knew what he’d say “Just live in the moment and do what makes you happy”  either way, Ilhoon couldn’t see this situation having a happy ending so maybe he’d enjoy it while he could. He decided he’d stop thinking about the future and focus on making Hyunsik his even though it would only be for a little while. Being happy with him for a short period would be better than never at all right?

                All he could think of was how he could meet Hyunsik as Ilsoon again: he had to come up with a plan.

 

***little teaser for something that will hopefully happen in the next chapter...sungsook will fall in love with an american ooOOOooOOOoo WHO COULD THE AMERICAN BE???? IT ISN'T OBVIOUS AT ALL RIGHT?!??!?! lol minkwang should also make an appearance eventually***