Knight in Shining Armour

Beautiful Mess

BESTie - I Need You


"Are you alright?" Myungsoo asked his daughter through the call. Hyun Ae sighed and stared at the unconscious lady on the couch.

"I'm perfect, dad. But the woman... she's still unconscious. Where are you?" Hyun Ae asked. Gayoon has been knocked out for 10 minutes already because the propophol was injected into herself.

Last 10 Minutes

"WHAT THE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?"

Gayoon and Hyun Ae's head whipped around to the door to be met with the very pissed Leo. He stormed up towards the lady and yanked her of Hyun Ae. He pushed her aside and helped Hyun Ae get into a comfortable position.

"Hey, are you okay?" concern washed over his face as Hyun Ae shifted around her bed. "Yeah... I'm okay." she smiled but her eyes caught Gayoon who is having a very scary expression.

Leo seemed to catch the meaning from Hyun Ae's expressions and turned around swiftly to grab Gayoon's wrist. "Don't you dare." he growled and tried to snatch the needle away from her but the needle is too dangerously near his neck so he just held on tight to her wrist.

"Oh, I dare, young man. Don't challenge me." Gayoon sneered. Hyun Ae rolled her eyes when she saw how terrified Gayoon actually was. Hyun Ae decided she would do a dangerous move. 

Well, as was said, it was dangerous. 

She smacked the needle away quickly without slicing Leo's neck in the process and the needle flew all the way across the room but it didn't break.

"Hey!" Gayoon screamed and leaped for the needle but due to her stupidity and clumsiness, she leaped too far and the needle injected her own arm. And coincidentally, the plunger also collided to the floor and half of propophol was injected.

Luckily, the needle didn't break inside.

Present

"Yeah, I'll be there in 10 and I'll take care about Gayoon too. Give her some proper lecture too, maybe." Myungsoo chuckled from the end of the line. They hung up and Hyun Ae shook her head.

"I can't believe the chances," Hyun Ae exclaimed as she looked at Leo, "I mean, how can she inject it into herself by leaping?" She scrunched up her face. "I can't tell if we're lucky or she's unlucky..." 

Leo chuckled lightly and sat down on the side of her hospital bed. "Are you okay now?" he asked. Hyun Ae nodded and grinned, thankful for his kindness.

"How come you appeared just in time?" Hyun Ae suddenly asked. Leo paused and started to blush. To tell the truth, he wanted to visit her alone. Without her brother or the other guys. But Leo didn't want to say that.

"I don't know.. I just had a bad feeling so I came to visit." Hyun Ae tilted her head and grinned. She knew what was up, unfortunately. They have this weird bond together that they can see through lies. And Hyun Ae likes that. 

As always, Leo remained poker-faced but his ears grew very red. He knew that he shouldn't feel this way about Hyun Ae. She was his friend's sister for goodness's sake!

"You know...." Hyun Ae started, looking straight at Leo with her brown orbs. It didn't really help to calm Leo's heart down either. "I always thought I knew Ravi the best... but it turns out I kinda know you better than him." she smiled wider, "When you first came, I had this feeling I will know you the best, and I did."

Leo right back at her and and started smiling unknowingly. It is so unlike him. 

He reached out to curl Hyun Ae's hair behind her ear and patted her head. "You do know I care about you, right?" he whispered. Hyun Ae tilted her head in confusion. A sudden confession?

Leo realised what he just said and regained his composture. "All of us. N, Hyuk, Ken, Hongbin. Your brother, too." he said. Hyun Ae laughed and patted Leo's cheek.

"I also care about you too." she sang and grinned widely. Leo sometimes wonder how someone so cheerful like Hyun Ae became friends with someone like him. Someone who's cold. Someone with no emotion.

"MY DAUGHTER!!" Myungsoo leaped through the door and pounced on his daughter. Hyun Ae yelled in surprise and hugged her dad back.

"Are you alright now? You didn't get injured? Not injected at all?" Myungsoo pulled away and cupped Hyun Ae's face. She smiled softly and shook her head, touched at how worried how father was despite him being busy and not really spending time with her.

"I'm perfectly fine, Dad." she replied and hugged her father tightly. Myungsoo glanced at Leo and gave him a knowing look. Myungsoo patted Hyun Ae's head and checked on Gayoon.

"She's not dead, is she?" he frowned and slapped her face lightly twice. He checked her breathing and shook his head.

"She really wants revenge on us, huh?" He sighed and sat down on an empty space on the couch. 

"I don't get it." Hyun Ae frowned. "Why does she want revenge on you? Or mom? or the Uncles? Why?" she asked. Myungsoo hesitated. He didn't want to tell her. Not yet. Even though it's not his fault or anybody else's fault.

"It's not the time for you to know yet." he spoke up finally, "One day, you will find out, but not now. I'll take care of these girls for the meanwhile so don't worry." he explained. 

Hyun Ae nodded, still not convinced. If someone could go that far to get revenge, then her life is probably at risk. But since her parents never failed her, she trusted them and decided not to question her dad any further.

She glanced at the clock on the wall. 2.25 am.

"I think you guys should go home now." Hyun Ae said. Her dad has a very busy schedule from early morning, and Leo had school.

"No way!" both of the guys exclaimed. Hyun Ae blinked and grinned. This is pretty interesting.

"Leo, son, you have school tomorrow." Myungsoo crossed his arms and gave Leo a pointed look. 

"Sir, you have a very early schedule tomorrow, I presume." Leo fired back. "Plus, I have only three lessons tomorrow and we leave half day. But you have a whole day of work." Myungsoo blinked and stared at Leo with amazement.

That kid is persistent, Myungsoo thought but gave in anyways.

"Alright, fine. But just this once, kiddo. And you have a show next week." Myungsoo stood up, slapped Leo's shoulders and kissed Hyun Ae's cheeks.

"I'll come tomorrow if I can." He smiled. Myungsoo was about to walk out the door but glanced at Gayoon on the couch. She was stirring awake. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and carried her out of the room, not before winking at his daughter.

"Um.." Hyun Ae cleared after her dad left. Leo sat on the couch and stretched.

"Guess I'll be sleeping here tonight." he smiled slightly, "And skipping school."

Hyun Ae chuckled and shook her head. She always knew Leo hated studying, the only smart one in the group is Hongbin. As Hyun Ae stared at Leo, she noticed the fatigue in his eyes.

"Go to sleep, Leo." Hyun Ae spoke up. He glanced her her questioningly. "You're tired." she tried again.

"No, you sleep first." Leo said but his eyes are slowly closing. Hyun Ae shook her head and threw a flower stem at him. He jolted awake and glared at her.

"Go get a blanket, a pillow and then sleep. You're not going to get comfortable sleeping while sitting." she grinned. He chuckled and did what she told, and after less than 5 minutes, he fell asleep.

Angelic.

He looks angelic to Hyun Ae's eyes. His black hair falling over his face and his lips slightly parting. She gave a small chuckle and got ready to sleep herself.

She doesn't know how she feels about him now, but she has a good feeling, because he's her knight in a shining armour.

Hihihihihihihihi!!!!!!!!!

How are you people?! I miss you guys so much!!

I feel really bad not updating much but honestly, I am so engaged in other things I forget my story sometimes.

I'm sorry :( Forgive me?

Anyways, hope you have a nice day and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Crescendo--