Chapter 3

The One Where Seunghyun Thinks the 13th Step Should be Off a Cliff (or into Youngbae's Bed)

Yoga went about as smoothly as could be expected. The instructor, Miss Hwang, had become a personal friend of Youngbae's over the past couple of years and tried her best to educate TOP on how to use his long limbs for good rather than evil (or sheer clumsiness) in the short time they had. Youngbae was impressed by how quickly his hyung mastered the mountain pose, downward facing dog, and the lotus position.


However, the real fun started with Miss Hwang demonstrated the headstand position and encouraged the boys to try. Youngbae got there with little trouble but Seunghyun was another story entirely. Youngbae nearly broke his neck watching and laughing from upside down as his lanky, awkward hyung tried to defy gravity. He dropped his legs in front of his face and righted himself to go and help Seunghyun get into position.


He was able to get Seunghyun's legs upright but after roughly half a second, they came tumbling forward onto Bae's shoulders and knocked them both over, Youngbae flat on his and Seunghyun on top of him in a weird 69 position. Miss Hwang cackled hysterically, Youngbae blushed, and TOP profusely apologized and helped his dongsaeng up. As loathe as Bae was to admit it, he was forced to accept that maybe physical activity wasn't the cure-all for everyone.


"Okay, maybe that's enough yoga for us today. Thanks, Miss Hwang."


"Really, Bae? You're not gonna teach me the roaring mountain goat or something next? What a shame."


"Youngbae! You should bring him back for our kids' class sometime; they'd absolutely love Seunghyun and maybe their poses would be more on par with his...skill set."


Despite Miss Hwang's pleas to Seunghyun to return, Youngbae was pretty sure this would be his first and last class. Regardless, he still felt like a miracle worker for getting his hyung to voluntarily spend an hour of his free time doing yoga.


Back in the car, Youngbae had to quickly assemble a Plan B since he had been far too optimistic about how long Plan A would take. He really thought it would eat up a good half hour just getting Seunghyun out of the car.


"What's next? Or is that all for today? Because I could use a nap."


"A nap? You got up at 10. It's barely 1."


"I require lots of sleep to maintain my charm and boyish good looks."


"Hmm, if you turn ugly, Seungri would have to be the visual and his head might actually grow so big it explodes."


"See? Without naps, Big Bang as you know and love it would cease to exist!"


"Valid point, but no. We can go do something relaxing instead. I know you don't want to, but we really do need to talk more."


"Can't we just go do more stuff I'm bad at and laugh?"


"You say you're bad at talking, so this will be perfect."


"Damn it."


Youngbae fought the urge to laugh maniacally when he realized he had out-witted Seunghyun for once. They had just gotten to destination number two (an out-of-the-way little park) and Youngbae figured evil laughter as soon as they arrived at an isolated, woodsy location would be too creepy. He didn't want his hyung to think he was trying to kill him, after all.


After walking to a secluded little bench in front of a duck pond and settling in (and maybe sitting awkwardly in silence for a few minutes), the makeshift therapy session couldn't be avoided any further.


"So...it's Saturday."


Despite Youngbae trying to catch his eye, Seunghyun continued to watch the ducks swim and play. It looked like eye contact was too much to hope for today.


"It does tend to come after Friday, yes."


"And I'm sure Ji and Seungri will be going clubbing again tonight."


"You did say it was Saturday."


"I don't know why I thought this was a good idea. Last night it was like pulling teeth to get responses out of you and you were drunk. This is going to be impossible."


"No, look, Bae. I'm sorry. I just use sarcasm to deflect. You know that."


"Yeah, but you have to take this seriously if you want me to help. What made you come over last night of all nights?"


"I was drinking wine and I ran out, so I was going to run to the store but when I was putting my pants on, I got all nostalgic thinking about that time we got you faced on wine by refilling your glass when you weren't looking and---"


"Wait, why weren't you wearing pants?"


"After I spilled a glass on myself earlier in the night, I decided it would make more sense to be ."


"...Right. Carry on."


"Anyway, I was thinking about how we wouldn't let you stand up so maybe you wouldn't realize you were drunk and I couldn't stop laughing and it made me miss you."


"You could've called or just come over. You didn't have to make up an excuse."


"The more I thought about missing you, the more I realized we don't hang out as much as we used to because I'm always out partying and you're not into that. And. Uh. I decided I'd rather be spending time with you than going out doing stupid stuff I wind up regretting anyway."


Youngbae was stunned. His hyung's story sounded more like a love confession than motive for a life change, but he wasn't about to for it. It was pretty rare to get Seunghyun to even admit he had feelings, much less reveal what they were. He did his best to hold his surprise in and 'mmm'ed and nodded accordingly, not wanting to ruin TOP's flow.


"So I called a cab and showed up at your doorstep. I'm not even sure I knew how badly I wanted to change until I started telling you. And, to be honest, when I woke up this morning I was completely ready to call the whole thing off until I saw the look on your face. You looked so concerned. If you're that worried about me, I must need the help."


"Heavy drinking is dangerous for anyone but especially someone with fame of our magnitude. You never know what kind of scandal can happen without you even being aware of it. But you can't do this just for me. You need to do it for you."


"I'm still here, aren't I? And it's not just for you, it's for the band as a whole. And my family. And our fans."


If Bae had been stunned before, he was absolutely gutted now. It hurt when he thought Seunghyun was willing to rearrange his entire lifestyle just for Youngbae but it hurt infinitely worse to hear that the change wasn't solely for him, which he knew made no sense. At this rate, he was going to develop a drinking problem himself. He continued staring straight ahead and frowned.


Damn it. Seunghyun must have noticed the look on his face, if the quick head turn and thick brow-furrowed stare of confusion was any indication. But what was worse was a second later when he looked like something had dawned on him and his caterpillar eyebrows uncurled and acquainted themselves with his hairline.


"Bae? Do you want it to be just for you?"