Students

Torn Between

 

"I'm off guys!" Ellen yelled at her roommates, put on her bag, and stepped out the dorm.

Ellen Park is a Korean who moved to Canada when she was in high school. She is now in her third year of university at the University of British Colombia (which is in Canada). She studies performance arts & production. She loves her school life because it is what she loves the most. Today, she is extra excited because she is going to Seoul for her co-operation education job.

 

"Hey Ellen!" As soon as Ellen stepped in the large empty dance room, she saw her classmate, who is also a Korean, Baek YooSung waving at her.

"YooSung-ah..." Ellen ran to him, "I'm so excited!!!"

"Me too---Do you know who are you working with? Did Jojo tell you?"

Jojo is their teacher/friend. His name is Joseph Wilkins, but Ellen and YooSung like to call him by Jojo.

"No. He did tell me that it's with a well-known entertainment. Which field did you request in?" Ellen smiled a bit as Jojo came over with the other two students.

YooSung winked, "Dance of course. Did you?"

"You know me, of course" Ellen turned to give Jojo and the other two a big wave.

Jojo embraced Ellen and YooSung altogether, and spoke, "I have something to announce guys, and it’s about your displacements. So guys, gather in a circle!"

The four students sat around with him, all so excited to hear the news.

 

"Jason requested to do production in the films area, and I managed to find an one-in-a-million opportunity--you will be working along with the Hong Sisters on a drama. You will be first learning aside, and then you will work as the assistant producer of the drama. Here is the script for the drama, read it on the plane or something." Jojo passed Jason a booklet, "Oh did I mention, Lee MinHo is the male lead of the drama, so look forward!"

Jason took the booklet as if it's the most precious thing in the world and carefully put it in his backpack.

Jason Leniga is the oldest among the four talented students. He has thick brown hair and sapphire-coloured eyes. Jason is absolutely popular in the university, especially for his talent in acting and producing, and for his looks of course.

"Next. YooSung. Our YooSung asked for a dancer internship so why not? YooSung, you are placed as the head choreographer in working with popular girl group f(x) for their next single."

YooSung had a surprised look, he didn't expect himself to be good enough to touch on the chart-topping pop groups, and whispered after a while, "seriously...?"

Baek YooSung is a Korean boy who, like Ellen, moved to Vancouver during high school. He has always loved dancing ever since he knew there is such a thing. YooSung is the beautiful type of guy. YooSung's features are very sharp, his eyes are big and deep with long eyelashes, his nose straight and small, and his lips always somewhat red and have a glow, and his skin is as smooth as milk. People that are in the dance crew would always make fun of him and call him the "face" of the crew. But he is definitely good to have on a crew. His skills are undeniably good.

Ellen gave YooSung a cheerful look delightfully while Jojo spoke on.

"Ayumi wants to become an anime artist, so we found a place that needs someone to draw cartoons for them. It is a really good learning opportunity and it also give you the idea of how much work it is to be an anime artist."

Ayumi Hanagami is one ordinary girl. Not exceptionally beautiful, but elegant in her style. She grew up in Toronto, Canada but is deeply influenced by her ancestors from Japan. Ayumi loves arts and especially in animes, she is very good at not only drawing but also animations.

"Ellen..." Jojo paused to meet Ellen's eyes, and he spoke in a slightly soft voice, "You also requested a choreographing position. Right?"

Ellen is a bit surprised that Jojo asked her instead of just telling her, "Yes..."

"Can I know why?"

"...Because I love dance."

"Is it not because of Baek YooSung?"

"...No." Ellen was sort of shocked at Jojo's suspicion on her.

Jojo looked aside, took a deep breath, "I was not able to schedule a position in your request."

Everyone looked over at Jojo, and then at Ellen, all a bit shocked.

Ellen looked a bit disappointed, still a bit unsure if she heard right.

"However," Jojo didn't give anyone the time to say anything, "There is someone that needs you at Seoul, JYP Entertainment's CEO J.Y Park."

"What...?" Ellen looked up at Jojo.