The Answer

The Question

 

It had been 4 months since she saw him. She was walking down the street, feeling what she has become accustomed to: stuck. Stuck in between what she wanted and what she wanted. What she wanted was to be happy, but what she also wanted was for the pain to stop. Go away and give up. There were days where she didn’t know if she was numb or if her heart was still beating.

Did she still have any fight left? It would be SO easy to give up and be alone. It wasn’t like she minded being alone. She was alone most of her life, but not lonely. Giving up seemed so sweet, except she made the wonderful mistake of being with him for a moment in time and now she doesn’t know if she can stand time without him.

“Every dark cloud has a silver lining...”

Does she know?

The one thing she has always known about herself; no matter how sad she could get, or however dark her thoughts may be, she could never actually give up, because of one thing: hope. She loved & hated the idea of hope. She wasn’t going to give in to that dark cloud. She wouldn’t be who she was if she didn’t give herself a chance, just a chance.

~~~~~~~

Yongguk went out to clear his head from the fog in his mind. He wandered around for hours, not looking directly at anyone he passed or anything at all. He found it pointless since she wasn’t there with him, the world seemed dim since she had been gone. After he realized it was getting dark, he decided to head home. Instead of walking, he started to jog since it had begun raining. He looked up before he got all the way to his door and was so startled he almost slipped in a puddle. He stopped and stared at those big eyes staring right back at him.

She was soaked from head to toe. It had been maybe an hour to an hour & a half since she got to his door, figuring he wasn’t there since he didn’t answer the door. Any other day she would have taken it this as a sign and left, defeated. Not today.

She was going to wait, just like he waited for her. She would wait for hours if she had to, because even if she wasn’t ready to admit it yet, she deserved happiness just like everyone else. She looked up to see her dream guy staring at her. She smiled as he came closer. She was happy she waited for him.

 

“Because that’s what people you do for the person you love…”

 

 

A/N: Hi everyone. This is my first (attempt) at writing something here. I hope it makes sense and you enjoy it. I was inspired my Yongguk’s song “Q” (obviously). Not gonna lie, I have no idea what he’s saying, but I love the general “sound” of the song and decided to write something based off of it. This idea was mine and any similarities to another story are coincidental. I don’t plagiarize and don’t expect others to. Sorry for any mistakes I (probably) might have missed. 

 

P.S. I'm also working on a story with some of EXO, so look at for that! Thanks!