Nandato?!

The Dumpee and the Oblivious Dumper

 

“B-Bae Suzy. Ahh~ Annyeong haseyo!” I bow at both of them and giving her a quizzical look. “Why are you here?”

“The class is looking for you. We will be having our lunch.” She smiles at me so sweet I just grimace because it is so awkward; like a goddess talking to a mere mortal. “Jinyoung is also looking for you that why he’s with me.”

An O forms my lips as I look at them. I nod at Suzy. “Ok. I’ll be there soon,” and she smiles at us as leaves us; me and Jinyoung. I go back watching oblivion.

I deeply sigh. Whoa~ I thought the two of them we’re going out. She’s a big catch, really. She’s almost a perfect human being; I adore her, the whole school loves her, she’s very kind, she’s intelligent, she’s wealthy and her family has a very good image. Since everyone says that no one is perfect; she’s almost perfect for me I think she should not exist. If Jinyoung will date her, they will really go along together. Jinyoung is a jerk; she’s an angel. According to the law of physics, opposite attracts. If they won’t, it’s not my problem anymore.

“Hey.” Jinyoung nudges my shoulder, trying to catch my attention. “You did awesome a while ago.”

I smile at him, mockingly. “I always do awesome things. I define it,” I seriously tell him.

He laughs heartily and my heart does double then triple back flip. Ahhh~ music to my ears.

“Anyway, I ask her out.”

I do not catch what he just said so I ask him again. “Pardon?”

“I ask her out.”He looks really please about it. “I mean, we will be dating.”

“Eh?”

Oh no. . . . Oh no. . . . My brain . . . goes haywire. . . .Oh heck . . .

“Me and Suzy will be dating.” He makes himself clear and grins after that.

I feel numb.

“Oh.  T-that’s . . . that’s great.” I pat his shoulder.

Silence.

“Aren’t you going back? I know you’re going all grumpy when you miss your lunch.” He tells me after and laughs. He knows how glutton I am when it comes to food I just ignore him.

 “No, I won’t. I’ll eat outside.”

 “Oh yeah... I remember you like eating alone.” Silence. “Yosh. I’ll catch you later.”

And then he leaves me.

If you bet that I will cry, you’re wrong because I don’t.  . . Or didn’t . . . or I just can’t. It’s not that I don’t like him anymore. I know two of them will go out soon. Suzy is popular among the boys; Jinyoung is popular among the girls, so it’s sort of predictable since popular people date together, right? Like Mao Inoue and Jun Matsumoto, public accepts it (well unless you’re an obsess-stalker-this-idol-is-ing-mine kind of person, you’re an exception) and public will try to ship them together until the two popular human being like then date the love each other. Jinyoung has a privilege to date whoever he wants to date since he falls in this very category and he chooses not to date me. Not his fault if he’s stupid not to date an awesome person like me, right?

 I’m so used to this feeling I stand up and shout at the opposite side of the field.

“AAAAAAHHHH!!!”

Releasing all these nerves.

I look at my watch. It’s already one o’clock in the afternoon so I decide to go out the school. I send Jinyoung a text message that I’ll be back around four in the afternoon because I know he’ll just mess up their practice. His band consists of Minhyuk, Jungshin and Sandeul. They are dorks which is an understatement and everyone of them will try to cause a commotion before they start practicing..

I decide to go at the nearby convenience store but as I walk nearer to the konbini, I hear two people shouting.

“Sungjae-kun! Gomenasai! Watashi. . . .watashi wa. . .hontoni daisuki desu demo . .demo-----” [*I’m sorry! I. . I. . really love you but. . but]

Nippongo?

Just to let you know, I’m not a nosy person but being an otaku, I get all freaky and excited whenever I hear Japanese that’s why I can’t help but to eavesdrop at the conversation. I stop my tracks and sneakily tip-toe where the two Nippon-jin are shouting. I head for the alley nearby and peek.

“Yamete. ” [*Stop]

“Uso wa janai yo. Sungjae-kun! Shinjite. Onegai.” [*I’m not lying. Believe me. Please.]

All I see is the back of the guy towering a very pretty girl who is pulling his arm but he snaps her hand.

“Ikuyo.” [Go away.]

“Arimasen!” The girl pulls his hand again and for the second time he pushers her hand and walks out. [*I won’t]

Oh my gosh! I swear when he turned around, he saw me. I hurriedly turn my back to the wall and try not to breath. I start walking slowly away from the alley but. . . .

 “Ya!”

 I continue walking as if I’m just a passerby. I’m so busted. I feel that he is still following me.

 “Matte kudasai! Anata! Matte!” [*Please wait! Dear! Wait]

Ana. . ta?

Did he just say anata?

I stop walking and turn my head around to see him but what greeted me is his warm body. I nearly faint.

He. . . he’s hugging me.

“Shimpai desu. Daijoubu desu ka?” He pats my head and hugs me again. [*I’m worried. Are you fine?]

He smells so sweet.

“Sungjae. . . dare . . .nani kore?“ [*Who. . .what’s this?]

I blink at him and give him a very horrified look. A complete stranger is hugging me what the heck is happening!!

“Atarashii kanojo, Mika.” He slumps his arm around my shoulder. “Kore wa Shizuka, ore no kanojo desu.” [My new girlfriend, Mika. This is Shizukam, my girlfriend]

WHAT?! I drop my jaw as I look at them like tennis game while they are talking. I understand what they are saying.

What the hell who is Shizuka?!

I’m not Shizuka. Haneul desu! My name is so pretty you dare effing change it!

 “Uso.” [*Lies]

“Iie. Hontou desu.” Then he is off talking that we are together for a month. The pretty girl looks like crying. “Joudan janai desu. ” [*No. It’s true. I’m not kidding you.]

What exactly is happening?

“Uso.” The girl is already sobbing hysterically I feel really bad. It’s the first someone really pretty is crying because of me and it’s very weird. Good thing, there isn’t a lot of people that time.

“Kisama.” I hear him swearing. “Omae wa iku dayo!” [*Damn it. You should go.]

“Anou. . . I don’t. . “I whisper but I fail at butting in when suddenly I hear her saying that he would only believe him if we will kiss.

Kissu. . .

Kiss. .

“Yamete kudasai!  wakarimasen demo. . .demo. . omae no futari yamete kudasai.” I shout then I face her. “Oppa wa suki janai desu dakara yamate. Omae. . omae wa baka deshou? Mite.” [*Please stop. I can’t understand but you two should stop. I like oppa so stop. You, are you stupid? Look.]

Relax.

I hold onto his neck and stare at his face. I admit that he’s really good looking that this girl is trying to win him back but I believe if a person does not like you anymore, you can never get him back.

A kiss without love is nothing, so I kiss him.

“Sungjae no baka! Bakero!” She runs away at us when I pull back. I stare at my feet for a moment and start walking away from him.

What . . what happened?

It seems like my brain shut down. I walk at a corner and sit down. Water begins to blur my eyes.

“Anou. . . arigato---daijoubu?”

I shake my head and sniffs. “Iie.”

He kneels down in front of me and tries to look at my face. “Anata wa . . .”

 I know what he means, that I’m crying.

“Hajime no kiss deshou?”

Mou ii yo.

 

----------

Author's Note

Ps: Anata has two meaning. It can be: 1. Dear and 2. You. Okay?Nan