The Terrorist

The Dumpee and the Oblivious Dumper

 

 

 

 

“You know Haneul,” The sunlight floods my room as he pulls off the curtains I effortly put at my windows the entire night. He stops his tracks then points a finger at me, “You need to have a life.”

 “Nothing interests me out there on earth.” I grimace at him. “I really don’t fit in this entire humanity.” I continue. “I tried, you tried me to and nothing EVER happened.” I say dramatically as I roll over my bed, trying to ignore existence. I look at my alarm clock; it is ten in the morning, really early to listen in his lecture about social responsibilities and etcetera. Oh my gods. I’m trying to avoid the sun. I bore my eyes to him and say, “I’m too fabulous to go out.”

“What?” He continues to dump in the wastebasket everything he sees in my room like chocolate wrappers, pizza boxes, and empty cup noodles while continuing his litany that drowns to oblivion, “that’s what you learn from staying all night watching One Piece and Fairy Tail and---”

“I’m reading a book.” I glare at him and he only gives me a weird look like I’m from another planet. “Whatever. I don’t need to explain.”

He looks grumpy as he starts to pull my blanket from me. Seriously, I don’t really care if he gets mad or something  but just to avoid a bloodbath, I grin at him mockingly and let him have my blanket, then he proceeds to declare war against black curtains again.

 “Okay, reading a book.” He throws the curtains in my wastebasket and then, walks toward me with his hands on his waist. He raises his brow like I’ll do back flip or stuff.

“Now what?” I ask him.

“Haul your lazy , we’re going to school.” He says in a matter-of-factly tone.

“EH?!” I snap and throw a pillow at him. “No. No. No. I didn’t live for eighteen years to be bullied by you-------------WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!”

I continue to protest, shouting how he is invading my rights as a human being and blah blah blah. Still, no use. Next thing I know is I am being dumped in my very ownbathroom.

To introduce to you my really lovely friend, his name is Jung Jinyoung; popular since he ever started to breath, lead guitarist and vocalist of a pop-rock band in our school. He often performs in Hongdae, an artist town somewhere in Seoul. He had three girlfriends before, doesn’t have any criminal record aside from being an absolute . He treats everyone so nice he should have a monument somewhere. I dunno, maybe he’s getting one so soon. He’s so perfect he looks like a pile of schist for me. While me, I’m too fabulous to exist that no one gives me a .

So maybe this is the consequence of having a very popular friend. You know, I’m being a liability and stuff for him but seriously, I am not to be blamed because he’s the one who’s bothering about me.  God. I dunno if it’s a good thing for me or what. We grew up together; therefore has all the privilege to terrorize me in my own little world without the consent of my parents, who are very worried about me.

Understatement.

First of all, I’m a self-confessed nerd. I love books. I like murdering people in my fictions. I really like listening to Japanese bands I therefore conclude I should be living in Japan, not in South Korea. I heart winter while everyone freezes their to death. I love occults and magic. I wanna be a detective but I can’t go to Britain, go to their detective academy called IPA or something because  I’m broke and my parents won’t approve. I’m obsessed with anime. I like staying up late because of Tumblr. No one understands my humor. If anyone does, they are from the other side of the world and we’re talking via Internet. Guys, I’m also telling you I’m not a psychopath but I’m very fond of Moriarty.

Another fact about me: I. Don’t. Like. School. Why? Because of the students, the school and the terrorist a.k.a teachers (well, I really adore some teachers, like some of them). The level of intelligence of a normal high school student doesn’t fit mine (like yeah~ I’m a prodigy of some sort of whatever). I can’t understand a lot of teachers because sometimes they are talking alien. I hate intermediate math (a prodigy who hates math). I hate P.E. I hate art. I hate random facts that don’t have any significance in my existence. I don’t really know why everyone needs to find X because I think it only subsists to give me migraines. No one out there will kill you because you do not know the parts of the cell. This is exactly why I hate Jung Jinyoung right now. He goddamn wakes me up this weekend, this weekend only to tell me that we’re going to the goddamn school for heaven’s sake, as if it’s not hell for me to go to school every day, five days a week.

“Morning, Mom.” I greet my mom as we enter the kitchen and settle in the bar. Jinyoung sits in front me, putting some pancakes and syrup in my plate, trying to be all nice if I’ll never kill him when mom leaves us.

“Good thing she woke up. It’s almost five months since I last saw her eating a Saturday breakfast here in the kitchen.” She smiles at Jinyoung; I only grimace. “It’s almost afternoon, Mom. I haven’t broken my record.”

“Brunch.”

“Fine.” I answer her. She replies me by knocking the air out of me when she shoves a mug of milk in my stomach.

“Auntie, we will be late.” Jinyoung looks at my mom inquiringly. Oh. What the heck. I just remember I don’t have any idea why he woke me up in this unholy hour. I give him a nasty look which he ignores and turns to my mom. “We will be having our first ever rehearsal for our  school performance.”

Uh~ wait.

What performance?

He is off talking about the school festival; that our class decided to have a concert, everyone is invited and she can go with dad, that I’ll be playing a solo number . . solo number?

I look at him with a very horrified face as if he slowly turns into slug (which I really wish, sometimes), “Wait. Correct me if I’m wrong but I hear you talking about me having a solo number?”

He only nods as if I know what he is talking about.

“Mom, he’s kidding me.” I laugh half heartily- half horrified.

Jinyoung raises his brow and says, “Hello? I told everyone yesterday that you can play Beethoven’s 9th symphony in your piano and everyone insisted that you’ll play for concert.”

“What?!” I almost choke. “Wait, I didn’t------------”

But Mom is already clasping her hands together. “Oh! That’s really wonderful!” She turns to me and grabs my hands, looking expectant. “I’ll be very excited to see you, baby.”

Mortally horrified, I look at Jinyoung who’s grinning from ear to ear and I mouth. “What are you---”

“Dad will be very happy to see you perform, dear!” Mom butts in.

“Yes, Mom! Dad will be very very glad. Like . . .ermm . . super glad!” I happily told her as I continue to nod. She seems to be very happy for the prospect of seeing her leave-me-alone-world daughter performing in front of many people.

Oh my gods. Inside this despicable human being is a very kind daughter. I hate myself for being so kind. Why I’m so kind?! Gaaahh~

  me.

She continues to praise me. She tells Jinyoung how wonderful I am whenever I play piano which I completely doubt (because like what John Green said ‘Mothers always lie. It’s in their job description’); that she is very proud of me and finally, maybe after the event someone will ask me for a date. She finally leaves the room, muttering to herself how amazing I’ll be when I perform in stage. She has now plans calling dad in work just to give him the great news.

Wow. Great.

 I’m so doomed.

I deeply breathe and muster myself to give Jinyoung my deluxe I-will-kill-you look “What in hell are you thinking, Jinyoung?”

“I’m thinking for you goddamned solitary life, Haneul. Stop giving me that look because I’m giving you a chance to show everyone how adorable you are.” He only grins, enough for me to get so annoyed I pull his collar.

Adorable?

 Am I a puppy?

I snort.

 “The problem is I want to keep my awesomeness to myself.” I stop strangling him. I get my breadknife in case something might occur, like he might start to strangle me. “Thank you very much for the effort Jung, but no thanks.”

“What’s your problem?” He annoyingly asks me. I don’t know what his face tells me but he looks like annoyed to the nth power so I just snub him.

“You,” I mutter uncaringly.

“Look,” He grabs my shoulders and let me look at him directly. I’m going to die. “I’m giving you this favor to show how stupid that jerk guy that made you cry for dumping you three times in a row and you can’t still move on for goodness sake and . . . .”

“Are you dum------------”

I start to cut him but he takes a deep breath and stares at me. “This is your chance for him to know how much you worth. You know how much I really love you, Haneul.”

That’s the problem.

He doesn’t know how much I love him too.

--------

Author's Note:

I'm watching Howl's Moving Castle. OMFG. Howl . . . He's so gorgeous!

T^T *sniffs*

Wae Peeta Mellark?! You're an effing seiyuu i didn't know!