Fire Phoenix

“E X O”

Chanyeol went home as usual, whistling to a tone that he didn't even know. As Chanyeol open the gates, he entered at their simple house and called out for his grandma.

"Hey, yow! Grandma! I'm home!"

 

No response was heard.

 

"Grandma?" Chanyeol looked around the house, as he searched for everywhere he could search for just for his grandma to appear, he can't let his grandma lose away from him. She is his only strength.

Chanyeol opened his grandma's room and luckily she was there sleeping soundly, "You had me worried sick, grandma." Chanyeol tuck his grandma in. Chanyeol quickly went out of her room and prepare something to eat.

Miah and Ryeowook doesn't really know what to do actually, they don't even have a plan on how to persuade the guy unto joining them telling him that he's one of the 12 protectors, it's not that easy.

"So, what's the plan?" Ryeowook asked absent-mindedly.

 

"I don't know! I don't even have a plan yet!" Miah frustratingly said while biting her nails, "It's not like we're going to say 'Oh, hi! My name is Miah and this is Ryeowook, we are here to take you because you are one of the 12 protectors' Ryeowook it's not that easy."

 

Miah tries every plan that is working inside of her, one way or another, Ryeowook tries too, but he can't think of any right now.

 

"Maybe we can follow him tomorrow, from what I see; he will go again into this battle stuff that I don't distinguish. We should rest."

"Where?"

 

Ever since they landed upon this world called 'Earth', they don't have anything, they don't even know what all the people are doing here in their everyday lives, and it is the opposite side of the world 'Elite', at Elite people would come outside selling their items and even weapons for the battle, many children playing and laughing, while here in 'Earth', there's an awkward feeling that it is impossible to put it out.

 

"We're just going to find some good place to stay; I hope there's a good hearted keeper here and let us stay at his humble abode."

"Unlike at Elite, there are many places there to stay, I miss my home," Ryeowook said forlornly, missing his home.

 

"Don't worry; we just need to be tough enough. We need to find the 12 protectors, to stop the war." Miah smiled and together they took off and search for a place to stay.

Miah and Ryeowook tried every house that is available, but to their dismay, some of them discarded them kindheartedly, while some rejected them in a haughty way, it was as if no one really wants them to rest.

 

"Aish! We couldn't find anything!" Ryeowook shouted, kicked the empty can in front of him, whining like a child.

 

"You should get used to it, Wookie." Miah sighed greatly, rubbing her already aching head. "My head hurts."

 

"Where should we find some shelter?" Ryeowook asked worriedly and make Miah sat down for awhile at the near bench. Ryeowook knew about the side effect Miah has, when her head hurts that is.

"I read a lot of information from that boy," Miah said remembering the boy she used her power unto. Miah hate the feeling of her head being hammered like it would never stop despite of her willingness to know that boy more, it was their duty after all.

 

"Just wait here; I'll go find some shelter to rest in." Ryeowook said and respectfully go to somewhere else that he could call for help.

 

Luckily, there was this boy who has a tired but still a positive youth surrounds him, Ryeowook came near to the boy and asked for help.

"Where is she?" the boy asked.

"Come, I'll show you."

 

Ryeowook lead the boy to where Miah is sitting, but now at this situation Miah is paler than before and was nearly like a flower that lost her glow.

The boy observed it quickly and being the kind lad he is, he gladly offered them a shelter to stay in.

"I know where the place to stay, come follow me." The boy walked away with Ryeowook helping Miah with her unstable walks.

 

They stopped in front of a hotel where it is simple for many people to stay in, they gently went inside and the boy go to the information's desk to tell them that it is their guest.

"Please tell them I brought them here." The boy said and looked over at Ryeowook and the unstable Miah.

 

"What will you tell to our boss when he finds out?"

The boy brings back his look unto his friend and sighed "I have a good reason here, I promise." The boy smiled and pay for their stay.

 

"When will they check out?"

 

The boy excused himself to ask Ryeowook and Miah -if she can answer-

"Umm, maybe when we accomplish our mission," Ryeowook said and smiled at the boy's kind aura.

That's when Miah kicked Ryeowook's knee slightly, "What my friend here meant is maybe two weeks or so,"

The boy looked at them weirdly but then when he heard it'll be two weeks in time he furrowed, he doesn't have enough money to pay for that.

"Is it okay?"

The boy nodded and smiled as he simply go back to his friend and pay for the half of it, "They will only stay here for two days, I can't afford for the two weeks. I will let them stay at my house for awhile." The boy sighed then smiled at his friend.

 

"You're too kind." His friend said and chuckled at him, only the boy could smile as he looked over again at Ryeowook and Miah. Something about them is really mysterious and he can't put a finger on it, especially the girl.

 

The boy guided the two to their room, and Ryeowook was the first one to enter to help Miah. The boy came to help also and tuck her in to her bed, Miah feel asleep because of the sudden ache she felt. She is all good now and not paler than before.

 

"Thank you so much, good boy. You showed us a great and kind personality." Ryeowook smiled and bowed doing their culture back at Elite, showing gratitude by bowing down to the person.

 

"Don't bow down to me, it’s okay, really." The boy stopped Ryeowook from bowing and then he looked closely at the sleeping figure on the bed.

 

"What happened to her by the way?" the boy asked curiously at Ryeowook.

Ryeowook can't obviously tell him that he or neither Miah has powers; he knew it about just now.

 

"She was just having some side effects on her training..." Ryeowook could only bring out lame excuse. The boy didn't want to know what really happened but he guesses he can't interfere in to people's business.

 

 

"I should go now, enjoy your stay here." With a smile the boy departed off to their room.

 

Once the boy is out of their room, Ryeowook meditate for awhile with a sitting position he let his inner soul rest for awhile. Unknown to him, Miah already regain her strength to talk to Ryeowook through telepathy.

        *Through Telepathy*

'Hello! Ryeowook!'

'Oh! Miah! You're awake!'

 

'Yes, at least in here' Ryeowook heard Miah sighed and continued, 'Wookie, sorry about earlier,'

 

'It's okay, it's my fault anyway, and I shouldn't have said that knowing it's a secret.'

 

'But you know what Wookie? I can feel that energy source again, like when I look at that boy, something is strange inside of me.'

 

'That boy must be the one?' Ryeowook guessed

 

'I'm not really sure, but we need to find out first that boy named 'Park Chanyeol'.'

 

'Ok, Miah. Whatever you say' Ryeowook shrugged and rest his body bringing him back to the current situation he's in.

 

Once Ryeowook is at his normal spirit, he looked at Miah who has the most adorable face while sleeping.

 

 

It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

As usual Chanyeol is headed towards the underground where he would handle the battle of his rapping career, he wouldn't rather say it's his last but he just really want Onew and Key to have their rights, and besides they are his friends after all.

 

Entering the underground, the sound of the crowd cheering for more can be heard; Chanyeol became confident as ever once he heard the crowd goes screaming.

"Hey!" someone called Chanyeol.

Chanyeol turned around and saw Minho. "Oh, hi Minho," Chanyeol said not really paying attention to him as he looked over the crowd.

 

"I heard that you're going to have a one on one battle with the one and only Lee HyukJae Also known as the 'Silent Killer'." Minho concluded.

 

Silent Killer is HyukJae's given name because it simply means that he can win or even 'kill' against his competitor by his suave raps and awesome dictions by every word he will say, Chanyeol could only chuckle at that said information, he doesn't care about all of this, his goal is to win and that's for sure going to happen.

 

"What else is new here Minho?" Chanyeol teased at him, "It's going to be sure that I will be winning and to bring your so called 'Silent Killer' down." Chanyeol smirked and show off his strong side of his.

 

Minho could only clap at the pure personality and toughness he brought; he sure is enthusiastic to win in this battle, even if he's going to face the most insuperable one.

 

"You are one heck of a guy. Are you, Chanyeol?" Minho rather asked that question to Chanyeol but it's like he got the right answer.

"Watch me."

 

While the two guys are having their contest at the group of crowd, someone barged in, making some people gasped at what they saw.

 

Jonghyun was the first one to be seen and then greatly make way for the 'Silent Killer.'

As Onew saw the commotion he quickly announce to everyone that the one they've been waiting for is here.

 

"Oh gosh, Eunhyuk's here. Get ready for it Chanyeol." Minho warned and got out of his way.

 

Eunhyuk bring out a small laugh.

 

"Why hello there Park Chanyeol," Eunhyuk smiled with the sweetest smile he could bring out and

 

Chanyeol is not amused, not at all.

 

"Stop playing with me, I hate wasting my time."

"Me too, Park Chanyeol, me too."

 

And that's when the crowd got heated and more blares came from them.

"Ohohoho! Let's make this battle a battle you won't forget!" Onew's voice boomed through the crowd once again and the crowd got excited.

 

"We have our special, most undefeatable, the champion himself Lee HyukJae, A.K.A.." Onew led the microphone through the crowd,

 

"THE SILENT KILLER!" The crowd shouted in reply, energy is building up around the place.

 

Eunhyuk showed off some moves and calm the crowd down, at least for him, "Hey everyone! Miss me?" the crowd answered a loud 'Yes!' and cheered once more

 

"Yes, the one and only ‘Silent Killer’ is back!" Eunhyuk shouted in confidence, the crowd agreed with Eunhyuk more and put their hands up swaying it in the air.

 

"And looks like I have a new competitor," Eunhyuk smirked as he looked at Chanyeol with a more amused smile.

 

"Take it away, chicken man!" Eunhyuk tossed back the microphone to the clueless Onew when the crowd laughed a little bit.

 

"Umm, yeah. So let's hear it for Park Chanyeol the 'Fire Phoenix'! Wooohoooo!" only Onew gave out a clap then happily give the microphone to Chanyeol who is greatly not amused by Eunhyuk's teasing.

 

If he wants to win against him, then don't tease the others, it will be only Chanyeol and Eunhyuk's battle.

 

"What kind of a rapper are you if you keep showing that boast personality of yours?"

 

The crowd went silent.

 

 

That's when the time Eunhyuk stole away the microphone off Key's hands, and with gritted teeth, he said;

 

 

"Let's start the battle?"

"Let's do it."

 

 

 

Miah and Ryeowook are headed towards the place where Chanyeol went yesterday; they didn't saw any sign of him so they felt frustrated at that.

 

"Are you sure he's here Miah? I mean, I couldn't even see him,"

"He's here I can sense it." Miah said looking around worriedly at the place, he saw one guy entering the dark underground and that's when Miah have another plan of hers.

 

"Follow me Ryeowook; I think I know what to do." Miah and Ryeowook carefully go inside the underground and sneak at the door, not until....

 

"Who are you guys? Are you regulars here?" Key came into a view with a questioned look on his face seeing a boy and a beautiful but petite girl at the door ready to enter.

 

"Yeah, you could say that," Miah said cautiously not letting any secrets spill out of .

 

Key examine all of their actions, but when he heard the crowd is going louder and louder he can't help but to let the two of them pass, it's their last day anyway, he don't really know.

 

"I guess you could come in," Key sighed and let the two of them in.

 

When the two make their way inside, Ryeowook and Miah covered their ears not really used to the environment around them.

 

"It's so loud!" Ryeowook shouted over as he covered his ears. Miah only nodded, to Ryeowook not really getting what he said, but she glance around the crowd she saw the guy she needs to know.

 

‘Park Chanyeol, I need you to speak to me.’

 

Chanyeol stopped for a second, did something, wait not something but someone spoke through his mind?

"Eh?" Chanyeol suddenly said then Eunhyuk looked at him oddly.

"What are you saying boy?"

"Just shut up already."

 

Eunhyuk gets ready for the next battle, currently, it's a tie between Chanyeol and Eunhyuk, the crowd both loved them. Chanyeol did all of his best, all of his energy inside of him but this Eunhyuk guy is so confident he thinks he can handle everything. This is what Chanyeol worries about, he don't want to lose against the guy who just used his talents for bragging, for praising and everything that he wants to own in this world, Chanyeol didn't give a second to prepare for his battle with Eunhyuk, with a determined look on his face, he let everyone flabbergasted by the talent Chanyeol can show..

 

"I jeongdoe geobeul meokgo molleonal jul arattdamyeon shijakjwo haji anhattda
Noreul gamchwonoheun badaye jangnanen gikkeoi naega matseojunda"

"Nan ppageulppageul teolbuksungirae ani kkakkeulkkakkeulhan mongdungirae kkomaengideul kkakkung geugeon dariteorinde"

" Ya! uri ga wonrae hanaro tae eo natdeon sungan
Galsurok somo jeogin I segyereul mannan sungan!!"

“Gogael dwiro jeochyeo wireul bwa nan super giant gulliver
Geollijeokgeorineun geon da mireo nal mideo neol ikkeureo jul new leader!”

 

The crowd got louder and louder each time they would throw back some rapping lines, Eunhyuk isn't going to just lose in front of his adoring fans and he just can't, Chanyeol can't too, but if this means saving his friends home and live them a normal life it has to be done.

 

"It's getting heated up everyone!" Onew said looking like a child, jumping up and down from the anticipation. "Now is the final battle!"

 

Miah can't let this happen, she have to speak to Chanyeol as immediately as possible, she can't let this chance slip away. Ryeowook tries so hard to block the noise from his ears but he can't really do anything now, so, going to Miah, Ryeowook asked if she have a plan already.

Miah can't answer Ryeowook right now she's too concentrated looking at Chanyeol, somehow she can easily go and speak to Chanyeol in her mind.

 

`Chanyeol you have to listen to me.`

This boy is being stubborn; Miah concentrated more when she saw Chanyeol being confused. Maybe he is hearing things inside his head.

`Chanyeol, you have to give up on whatever you are doing you have to listen to me, please.`

 

 

 

"Who are you?!" Chanyeol suddenly said again out loud and this time the crowd booed him and mocked at him, Eunhyuk's grin can't get any bigger right now, victory is slowly crawling inside him.

 

"I guess someone's crazy," Eunhyuk said giving him the 'crazy' sign as if Chanyeol is really crazy.

If only Chanyeol could throw fire balls at him, he already did.

 

`Chanyeol, control yourself.` Miah is the one who's calming Chanyeol, through her words they are anxious for Chanyeol.

 

"How could I control myself, when this guy is such an in front of me?" Chanyeol let out a scoff, loud enough for Eunhyuk to hear, and of course the crowd.

Onew gulped really hard, this is not good.

 

Eunhyuk slowly looked at Chanyeol with an infuriated face, "What did you say to me?"

"I said: you're such an ." Chanyeol said slowly but carefully to make sure Eunhyuk really understands it.

 

`Chanyeol, please-`

 

"Are you really testing me, huh?!" it became more violent; Eunhyuk pushed Chanyeol hardly until he hit the solid ground. Chanyeol looked like he's been keeping it inside of him, his anger, and he swear he can feel warmth neighboring through his body.

 

`No! You can't! Chanyeol please! `

 

 

The crowd goes silent for a good 45 seconds, but that good wasn't that good. Chanyeol stood up and suddenly he grab Eunhyuk's collar and fire suddenly came out of nowhere through Chanyeol's hand, making Eunhyuk scream in pain.

 

"AHHHHHH!!!!"

 

The crowd got startled and scared from what they witness; their 'Fire Phoenix' is really the Fire Phoenix.

 

"Don't mess with me!" Chanyeol's hands are full of blaze that is dancing around his palms dangerously.

Eunhyuk can feel the heat through his already burning clothes and skin, the excruciating pain he felt is not good for him enough to bear.

 

Onew and Key set water full of bucket, and then they throw some of the water through different corners, because apparently the house is near to a burn down.

 

"Park Chanyeol!" Miah shouted and this time she came to the stage alongside with Ryeowook following her.

 

Miah is brave enough to push Chanyeol and let Eunhyuk run away from the scene, scared to look back.

 

Chanyeol again stood up and fire dangerously lit up in both of his hands, "Now, who are you!?" Chanyeol is like a wolf in the dark, with his eyes that can make people sprint away for a good seconds.

"Chanyeol, you have to listen-"

 

"Chanyeol, are you alright?" Onew came and calm Chanyeol down, which Chanyeol did so and the fire from his hands dies down. Key gave Chanyeol a bottle of water to calm his nerves down at least, and then he brings his look back to the two unknowns.

 

"Who are you?!" Key is now the one who nearly shouted.

"My name is Miah, this is Ryeowook." Miah introduced them and step towards Chanyeol, but only Key stopped her.

"Can't you see, he is hurt?!" Key shouted again and this time he pushed Miah a little bit.

 

"Please, we're not the enemies, so could you please calm down." Ryeowook said and place a hand on Key's shoulder, but shouldn't have done that.

"What! Calm down?! The phrase 'Calm down' is an understatement, when you see your friend in fire without even hurting him!! And now you're telling me to calm down?!" Key's voice crack for shouting so loud.

Onew shook his head in humiliation, "Key, you're overreacting."

 

"I am not."

"Yes, you are."

 

Miah ignored the two as she looked at Chanyeol's confused face, "We know it's very confusing for you but you must come with us." As Miah is heading towards Chanyeol, Onew blocked her view for walking towards Chanyeol.

"I know, as much as we are, is confused to what is really happening, you must know your limits girl. Our friend here goes to a massive power? I think and it's not going to help if you are just going to make him confuse and all-"

 

"And you a two are freaky! Get lost you two!"

Onew gave a look at Key who nearly hung his head in humiliation.

“I’m a freak.” A cold shivering voice came after minutes of silence.

Miah look up only to see Chanyeol, clenching his fists until his knuckles turns white, eyes closed, and body standing still.

“Chanyeol ah… you’re not-”

“I am,” Chanyeol interrupted Onew and looked at him “Sorry if I let you down guys.”

Only did Miah knew Chanyeol is already leaving with a heavy heart, sounds of his footsteps can be heard until only faint sounds of  the silent air can be heard. Onew stood there motionless, while Key can’t even accept the fact that Chanyeol walk out on them.

“Did he just?” Onew said surprised by the fact that Chanyeol is really upset, probably because he let everyone down.

“Yes, he just did…” key followed along as he pat his hyung’s shoulder, “And it’s this entire girl’s fault!” key pointed towards Miah.

Miah glance back at the door where Chanyeol leaved awhile ago, she doesn’t understand why Chanyeol would think himself as a freak or a monster or any of that, she just cannot accept that, cause what he did awhile ago –except for the fact that he nearly put a body into ashes- is a heroic deed to do, saving his friends.

“It is not! And please we are here to find-” Ryeowook tried to defend Miah as much as possible.

“Oh don’t you defend your girlfriend-”

“Excuse me?”

Key blinked, “She is your girlfriend right?”

Ryeowook chuckled, “What is this girlfriend you speak of?”

Key blinked, “You don’t know what girlfriend is?”

“I-I don’t know?”

“Guys,” Onew interrupted, “Can I get your cooperation here to clean this place up?”

Only Ryeowook and Key sighed, “Fine.” Said key as they clean the place up.

 


 

“Chanyeol! Chanyeol!”

Miah followed the figure walk down the street, Miah decided that she could help him with this problem of his, and by talking it out with him would maybe enlighten his situation for now.

Chanyeol, who doesn’t care and heard enough for today, doesn’t turn around and continue on his walk towards the street. He already knows what he is: a freak. It is obvious already for him to see that, what he saw awhile ago was something out of the ordinary that he starts asking himself; what kind of human he is? Is he really a human to begin with? Those questions float inside his head and he doesn’t know and don’t want to know the answer anymore, it’s consuming him at the moment.

And Chanyeol doesn’t care anymore if the girl that is holding him tightly around his arms is the one who did all of this.

“Chanyeol….” Miah softly said as she pants because running like that was really exhausting, keeping up with these short legs is really hard for Miah, “Chanyeol, please…”

“What do you want?” Chanyeol hissed, not really caring for the girl right beside him.

Miah loosened her grip around chanyeol’s arms and sighed deeply, “I want you to listen to me, Chanyeol, it’s important.”

Chanyeol chuckled harshly at that moment, “Nothing is important anymore, and I bet that you’re just hear to laugh at me because I’m such a big freak—”

“We’re both freaks.”

Chanyeol astounded, slowly turned around with puzzled eyes, “What do you mean?”

“We’re both freaks, but I’m proud because I’ll be able to protect the people that surround me, and that’s enough for me, how about you Chanyeol?” Miah said with a determined voice that she doesn’t know she has, and that was enough for her to convince Chanyeol.

“Well, for you, you might think that way.” Chanyeol’s weak voice lingers.

No, it’s not that easy, because Chanyeol can’t accept this, this is something huge, for all his life, he lived all by his own to survive in such a cruel society that everyone almost hated, some is rich and can be easily controlled by money and power, and some are finding ways to continue to exist in this world that he so called, Chanyeol is one of them and sometimes he just want this to end, it doesn’t make any sense anymore to Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, you have your grandmother, right?” Miah stated truthfully and she can see how Chanyeol clench his fist so tight she can already sense that fire will once again emit from chanyeol’s hands.

“How do you know?”

“Chanyeol, we need you…” ignoring chanyeol’s question Miah continued, “You don’t deserve to be called freak, we are beautiful freaks who the world can’t judge. Chanyeol, you are one of the protectors, I know this is surprising for you, but we need you, your grandmother needs you.”

Because Chanyeol deserve to be called a beautiful freak rather just a freak.

“No.” came Chanyeol’s stern reply, already departing his way to his house.

Miah doesn’t know anymore, but she tried her best to know that Chanyeol is worth and not useless.

“Chanyeol, please.”

“Miah! Miah!”

Miah turned around as she saw Ryeowook running towards her.

“What?” Miah tries to answer calmly as possible.

“A Xerex Aiming for chanyeol’s grandmother!”

Miah widened her eyes in surprise, and didn’t waste any time to run as fast as she could.

Hopefully Chanyeol would be there on time.

 


 

Chanyeol solemnly entered his quiet house, and as he enters he saw that no one is here, probably his grandma is at her room resting for awhile.

Chanyeol opened the door to his grandma’s room and he saw the peaceful face of his grandma, although his grandma has wrinkles adjacent her face she still pass for a beautiful old woman and Chanyeol find himself smiling at the sight.

Chanyeol’s grandma is his strength, no matter how hard his day was grandma is always there to brighten up his mood, always there when Chanyeol is crying in tough times, telling different stories every time Chanyeol want to hear some of them from his grandma.

There is this one story that Chanyeol always love to hear from his grandma, it’s about this boy who has a scar on his face and every time he would go out to play with the kids outside, the kids always run out of fear away from him, the boy became sad because nobody want him, but one day one kid accept him whole heartedly because he wants to be friends with him.

“Then what happened grandma?” Little 7 years old Chanyeol asked to his grandma.

“The boy with the scar is so happy that every day they would play outside and have some fun, the boy is so happy because he realized that there are still people who want him despite the fact that everyone hates him because of his scar, but he was wrong because then the boy introduced the boy with the scar on his face with all of his friends and accept him whole heartedly.” His grandma said while caressing chanyeol’s hair.

“They lived happily ever after grandma?” Chanyeol asked hopefully.

“Yes, they lived happily ever after.” His grandma smiled at the boy.

“Don’t you think they will accept me, grandma?”

His grandma smiled, “Of course, you are the most handsome boy Park Chanyeol!”

Of course, of course….

Chanyeol felt a tear escaping from his eyes, maybe the boy with the scar on his face was accepted so easily, but in this kind of reality, Chanyeol isn’t accepted that quite easily.

“Grandma…” Chanyeol walk towards his grandma beside the bed, Chanyeol caressed his grandma’s cheek, “They don’t accept me in that way…. Not that way…”

His grandma’s eyes flustered open and smiled at Chanyeol, but wait…

“Grandma?” Chanyeol back away slowly as he saw the change in his grandma’s eyes.

All black.

“Grandma? W-what happened to you?”

“You are useless.” The so called ‘grandma’ of Chanyeol stood up and walk towards Chanyeol.

Chanyeol step backwards as he try to observe his grandma’s figure, but to his surprise this is not the grandma that he use to know.

This is the fake grandma.

Knowing already the danger, Chanyeol quickly walked away from the monster’s sight (because apparently the fake grandma is already turning into a scary skinny monster, long claws coming out, abnormal length of the nails, and a scary dark black eyes.) and grabbed the lamp to throw at the monster’s way.

“You are a freak! Everyone says that because it’s true!” even the voice of a monster is a nightmare to hear.

Chanyeol is already out of the room ready to call for the police when a slender long arm grabbed him from the neck and slammed him against the wall.

The pain in his skull inflicted and Chanyeol winced in pain, but not before long that he could feel another sense of heat around his body.

“What are you going to do-”

“This.” Chanyeol swiftly grabbed the monster’s neck –despite its huge form- and slammed him to the floor with all the strength that he has.

The monster grimace in pain as Chanyeol’s hands begins to heat and flames dance dangerously around his palms.

“STOP THIS!” A voice can be heard.

And this moment Miah, push Chanyeol away and fought the monster in front of her, despite of her petite stature she manage to crack the neck of the monster with one slick move and the monster is already on the floor, lifeless.

Ryeowook came after, panting heavily, “Miah are you okay?!”

Chanyeol is really surprised for the girl, because she can really kill.

“I’m alright Ryeowook,” Miah heave a sigh and turn to Chanyeol, “And How about you?”

Chanyeol stood up from his position, but as much as he want to give thanks to the girl for saving him, he walk towards her, “WHERE IS MY GRANDMOTHER?!”

Miah almost choked at the way Chanyeol gripped on her neck, “Chanyeol, c-c-an’t breath…”

“I don’t care, answer my question!!”

“Your grandma, was taken away hostage from the ‘Litnien’. Chanyeol!!” Miah grabbed Chanyeol’s hands away from her neck and slammed him against the wall.

“What bull are you talking right now?! I need my grandma!!”

“You need to listen to us Chanyeol, please…” Miah loosen her grip from Chanyeol and kneeled down crying.

“You don’t how much it’s hard for me to do this Chanyeol.”

And at this sight the girl showed towards Chanyeol, Chanyeol somehow softened at the sight, the girl he saw fighting the monster was gone, and was soon replace by a girl who is weak and useless.

Ryeowook came to Miah’s side for her aid and tries to calm her down, with calm words Ryeowook looked at Chanyeol and said, “You need to listen to us Chanyeol, please, if you want to see your grandmother again…”

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol apologized and looked at the broken girl in front of him; he kneeled in front of Miah, “But my Grandma…” Chanyeol said in the verge to cry, he can’t help but to worry so much about his grandma, she is the only family Chanyeol had.

Miah composed herself as she wipes her tears, this will be the last time she would be crying in front of a person, and she won’t let others know that she is weak on her 0wn.

“If you want to save your grandmother, you have to come to us, and help us to find the other protectors…”

“I don’t understand.” Now it’s Chanyeol’s turn to cry at his own, he can’t grasp everything that it’s happening around him, now that his grandma’s gone, and now he is making a hard decision to himself.

As Chanyeol is silently on his own a cold metal was put into his palms, and as Chanyeol looked at his palms, he saw a design in the said necklace, a phoenix.

“What….”

“Are you accepting your quest as a protector of the Elite and the universe itself?”

“I….”

Miah put a hand to his shoulders with a genuine smile, “Chanyeol for your grandma.”

For his grandma who accept him before anyone else, for his grandma who showed much love and care, for his grandma who always tells different stories, for his grandma who always believes in him.

Chanyeol clutch the necklace on his palms and looked at Ryeowook then shifting his gaze towards Miah, he said, voice determined and confident, “Yes, I will.”

With widened eyes, Ryeowook can’t believe, they lure out Chanyeol, the Fire Phoenix to accept his fate, his quest to protect the universe.
 

“Welcome, Fire Phoenix.”

‘1 down, 11 to go.’



A/N: YAY!! FINALLY!! for such a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnngggggggggg time!! I have updated!! Oh don't worry guys!!  I have an explanation for this!!

HERE IS MY BLOG POST TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!!

I'm so glad that when i saw that i have a 24 subbies i literally was overwhelmed!! And all those lovely comments!! OMG. THANKS GUYS!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! REALLY!! I'll try to reply to all the comments as much as possible!! Thanks guys really!! I'll also try to update this as much as possible also!! Thanks guys!!

and you can ask me about this story or just keep in touch with me;

TUMBLR

ASK.FM

PLEASE GUYS ASK ME ANYTHING!!! 

Thanks for reading!! And show your love by leaving comments!!!

-MidnightStories