Thought transference

“E X O”

Chanyeol tries to decipher the information that Miah and Ryeowook is explaining to him.

At that moment, Chanyeol still –and can’t- believe that he is one of the so called ‘protectors’ as they speak of, from being an ordinary Chanyeol, from holding a huge responsibility towards ‘Elite’ and of course the universe, is a first to Chanyeol’s life.

“So, meaning to say that I am your protector?” Chanyeol asked unknowingly.

Both Miah and Ryeowook nod in reply. “Yes,” answered Miah as she sat down in front of Chanyeol with a uncertain face, “But Chanyeol, this isn’t a game that you’re playing it’s a huge responsibility-”

“I know what I’m doing here,” Chanyeol defend himself as he run his fingers through his brown locks of his hair, “even if I don’t have a choice, I must do this, for my grandmother…”

And this is where Miah softened at the sight of Chanyeol, his grandmother is very precious to Chanyeol; Miah can see it clearly. Chanyeol is a strong guy, he always is, but when it comes to this so called ‘responsibility’, a strong guy that is Park Chanyeol, is now gone, and soon replaced by a scared Chanyeol.

It’s a big turn of events for him.

“I know you can do this, fire phoenix, I know you can…” Miah said in such a gentle voice, that Chanyeol has to look up if an angel just spoke to him awhile ago.

Miah is mysterious, always been, ever since Chanyeol laid his eyes on her, the moment he saw her is something he can’t actually clarify what the actual girl is capable of, despite her petite height, her simple but yet appealing face, and the way she stood up for herself, her whole aura in general is: mysterious.

Chanyeol has an observing gaze towards Miah, and Miah find it too awkward at this situation at hand, “Uhm, Chanyeol?”

“What’s your name?” Chanyeol suddenly asked, face flustered, of course she didn’t know her name, that is, at least, quite true for him to ask.

Miah smiled, “Chun Miah.” Miah bowed gracefully showing this as a sign of respect towards the ‘Fire Phoenix’

“And I-I’m R-Ryeowook, it’s a great honor to be meeting you ‘Fire Phoenix’.” Ryeowook stuttered awkwardly and bowed as well together with Miah.

When the both of them look up to Chanyeol, Chanyeol only had his mouth wide open.

‘This is absurd.’ Chanyeol thought.

“This is not absurd, Chanyeol.” Miah chuckled lightly.

“More absurd,” Chanyeol said out loud which Miah find it hilarious enough to laugh, sometimes, teasing the Fire Phoenix, wouldn’t hurt right?

Ryeowook smile amusedly towards Chanyeol, which he assumes is still surprised by the act Miah just brought, and said rather amusingly, “She can read minds, Fire phoenix..”

“YAH!” Miah shouted in protest, with a pout forming on her lips. Chanyeol now tilted his head in confusion, there is too much happening right at this moment lately, one he is the so called ‘protector’, two he has a great responsibility now for saving the earth, and now this, a girl who can read minds.

“But if you can read minds then-”

“-yes, I’m the one who is playing with your mind awhile ago.” Miah answered with a grin.

She is too much for a girl, really, too much, for Chanyeol, that is, but she can also be playful also, that is the new side Chanyeol sees in her. Chanyeol smiles now, and understand now fully.

“Oh.”

Ryeowook took a sit across them as he leave out a sigh, “So, what now Miah?”

Miah looked at Ryeowook, she almost forgot, they have to keep searching for the other 11 protectors, but what about Chanyeol?

“But what about the Fire Phoenix?”

“Not to interrupt you guys, but I’m fine with Chanyeol, really.” Chanyeol insists, since he already felt awkward by calling him by his ‘code name’, “And what are you guys talking about?”

“We need to search for the other 11 Chanyeol, you’re not the only one who will fight against Litniens.” Miah stated.

“And the force won’t be powerful if you’re the only one who will be fighting back, 1 against an army is not a good idea,” added Ryeowook. Chanyeol thought of this as well, he have, like 11 other guys –or girls, maybe?- in Chanyeol’s side, and Chanyeol want to share his idea of helping them, but of course, just like what Miah and Ryeowook said to him, he need to train for the better, and get ready for the battle.

“I can help you guys.” Chanyeol shared his thoughts.

Miah shook her head, “You can’t, Chanyeol, you need to rest in order to prepare…”

“But how are we supposed to find the others?” Ryeowook add in.

Suddenly, a memory flashed in Miah’s eyes, rather at her mind, and the scene goes back to the day where she met the young boy who helped her, something inside of her aches, it’s her mind, playing out scenes of the possible place where the next protector would be.

Chanyeol become worried, he can see the girl in his sight goes paler and paler, like she is going to pass out in any given time, Ryeowook came to her side as her aid, and Chanyeol hurriedly get a glass of water –almost tripping on the way- and came back to Miah’s side.

“What’s happening to her?”

“Side effects.” Ryeowook answered shortly, gently relaxing Miah in sitting position, “She have this effects when something is going to happen, either bad or good, or that she saw an insight on where the next protector would be.”

Chanyeol saw that the paler girl is at least now in a comfortable state, and as he saw Miah looked at him, Miah gently smiled at Chanyeol, showing her eye smile that Chanyeol didn’t even knew was there.

“I saw the next protector.”

 

 

Miah insisted that she will come by herself, despite Chanyeol begging for him to join Miah’s journey to find this next protector, Miah insisted that Chanyeol will stay at Ryeowook side for the time being and stay, or even help him control his powers.

Miah glance at the familiar hotel in front of her. According to her vision, she saw a fragile boy, but yet his looks is quite deceiving, the boy is such a powerful force for Miah to elaborate, but her vision showed her that the boy is somewhat related to her in a way that he can control Miah’s power.

Miah entered, and as she entered the scene that was right in front of her is quite surprising.

A boy, with its youthful face, helped the visitors with their luggage and such, and despite his height he can really lift the luggage, smile still genuinely on his face, greeting the costumers to have a good day, the boy with luggage in hand headed towards the elevator and handed the said item.

Miah smiled at the deed, he is definitely one of them, she tried to to get a quick view of his mind, but only fragments of memories is all she can see.

It hurts for her to feel, but the boy’s memories is dark, full of agony and pain for the boy, that Miah finds herself flinching at the memory. The boy’s screams are agonizing enough, more terrifying than before, and that’s when it all vanished away.

Miah blinked a couple of times before she could get a grip into reality. The boy’s past is a nightmare, and the boy doesn’t even deserve any kind of treatment for it.

“I’m sorry! I’m really sorry!”

A commotion was heard from the lobby as Miah tries to compose herself, she walked towards the situation right in front of her, and oh how she wanted to save the boy.

The fragile boy is now kneeling, maybe because he wants to accept his apology but the man with the suit only despises him more.

“You jerk! You think you can replace this! This is worth a million!”

“I’m really sorry—”

“Get your filthy hands off of me!”

Miah can’t take it anymore, that she pushed herself to the ground and stood up in front of the boy.

“How dare you do that to him! You should be ashamed of yourself! You are a fool against your dirty words towards him!!”

‘I can handle this by myself.’

Miah had her eyes wide open as she tries to get a hold of herself, either to punch the guy or look straight at the fragile boy.

‘No, you can’t.’

‘Yes, I can.’

“You dirty girl! Who are you?! People nowadays!” The man get away from Miah’s view and aim for the boy instead and kicked him hard on his stomach.

“Are you insane?!” Miah shouted quickly and throw a glare towards the man and helped the boy.

The boy only looked at her, “I said I can do this myself.” He muttered in annoyance.

“Obviously you can’t.”

“Hey, you two if you don’t stop—”

One hard punch is all it takes for the man to shut up.

“What the hell?!”

“That’s for not respecting a girl,” he pointed towards Miah, “and not accepting my sincere apology, I quit.” The boy said, throw one last look at the girl, throwing his name tag away, departing the scene quickly.

Despite all the noise, it all been blocked by Miah gazing at the door where the boy was, looking down she saw the boy’s nametag and read his name in a quiet whisper.

“Xi Lu Han…”


A/N: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH! didn't expect that one coming!! AN UPDATE FROM ME! although it's kind of short but i really need to update to make it up to you guys so hopefully you enjoyed it! XD

And guys i love all the comments!! keep them up!! it really brightens my day!!

Thanks for reading and Keep on commenting!

-MidnightStories