Into the new Depths

“E X O”

 

“Grandma! I’m going now!” the guy shouted, headed to his door to depart, His Grandma only followed him behind and smack the back of his head, “And where do you think you’re going, Mister Park Chanyeol, eh?”

Chanyeol garbled and rubbed his throbbing head, “Aish. I’m going to my work grandma!”

“Aigoo. My grandchild is so hardworking eh? You still want to study, I see, but I’m sorry also that I don’t have much money to earn for your school fees.”

Chanyeol smiled, “its okay, grandma.”

Then Chanyeol’s Grandma smiled and can’t help but to tear a little bit, that’s why she always knew Chanyeol is a diligent and hardworking boy, she knew that Chanyeol would do anything just to keep their status be living and still surviving.

“Okay. Go, you might be late.”

“I will, grandma,” Chanyeol said and kissed his grandma’s forehead, “be safe.”

Chanyeol took one last look at his grandma and leave, “That boy.”

“Oh! Grandma! There’s a food there in the fridge!” and with that Chanyeol completely went off.

Chanyeol is a kid who live with his grandma, ever since he was young he always see his grandma beside him. He wanted to finish his school, but he only attended grade school –because his grandma can’t afford the school fees anymore. Chanyeol never lose hope, he finds ways to survive and that’s about his talent: rapping.

All Chanyeol’s grandma knew is that he worked in a normal restaurant, but that was all lies, actually, the truth is Chanyeol never worked in a restaurant, because the truth is: Chanyeol’s work is all about rapping. Every day, he would come to a secret underground where all of the best rappers compete in a secret place, Chanyeol always put as the ‘best’ among the rappers, when he wins he gets some reward and that’s money. The money that he won is all he used for his grandma’s needs and for their living of course.

As he entered the underground; where all of them are competing, Chanyeol entered and noise and disarray was all that welcomed him.

“And then once more everyone! Minho; the Flaming Charisma won!” Onew’s voice boomed through the mass place as he lifts Minho’s hands indicating that he won over the challenger.

Chanyeol peeks over and saw that there’s another competitor that have won.

“Hey, do you happen to know who’s that?” Chanyeol asked beside him, not knowing that it’s Key.

“Yup, the guy is new though, his name is Choi Minho, as he called himself ‘flaming charisma’.” Key said using the invisible punctuation marks unto the word; flaming charisma.

Chanyeol nodded and examine the guy ‘Minho’ for awhile, Minho looked kind of strong to him, but it doesn’t matter to him; he’s the guy who is too effortless for everything.

“So, you think you can handle him?” Key challenged Chanyeol and nudges his side. Only Chanyeol chuckled, “Let’s see about that.” Chanyeol go through the crowd and stood on the stage standing in front of the guy named Minho and smirked turn around to face the crowd and stole the microphone off to Onew’s hands.

“So, you all think that this guy can handle me?” Chanyeol smugly said with his deep voice.

Some of the crowd booed, some cheered. Chanyeol looked over at the crowd; they are way excited to see the show again. When obviously, Chanyeol knows that he will win again against the guy he doesn’t barely know. He knows this cycle so far, he competes, the competitor lose, he won, and he gets the money and viola! He succeeded, again.

“I don’t think so.” Chanyeol muttered and tossed the microphone back to Onew.

“Ohh, looks like a challenge I see? Do you all agree?” Onew let out an amused laugh to himself as the crowd goes wild. All the audience cheered, they want another battle.

“A battle it is!” Onew declared and Key came into view to give Chanyeol a microphone.

“Good luck with that.” Key said patting Chanyeol’s shoulder and got off the stage.

“Bring it on so called ‘flaming charisma’.” Chanyeol let out a proud smirk again.

In this place, being all nice and lovable will lead you to nothing, you need to talk back and do unsympathetic talk to one another, even if Chanyeol don’t want to, he admits it that he don’t want to say mean things but this is the only way to win, to survive.

“Then, let’s begin.” Minho said assertively.

“Let’s all bring a round of applause for Minho the ‘flaming charisma’!”

All went wild when Minho looked at Chanyeol with an arrogant look.

“And of course we couldn’t forget our undefeatable Chanyeol the ‘Fire Phoenix’!”

‘Fire Phoenix’, at some point, it attached him ever since he was a child, he once remembered that when he was playing with other kids, he find it annoying that some of them teases Chanyeol, he couldn’t control what he’s feeling he let out small fire balls, he only believed that it was a deception, a magic deception. Chanyeol already forgot about that occurrence, he doesn’t want to remember it, never.

“Let’s first start with Minho!”

As Minho took a deep breath, He rapped unto his smooth words, the crowd goes nuts again once they heard Minho with his indeed ‘flaming charisma’

“Neoui nunbichi nal sarojabda 
Nali jinalsurok nalkaroweojyeotda
Neoeui jibchake jichyeotda manhi be eotda mame piga nanda
Na sseureojil Jjeum doimyeon dagawaseo cheonsagati "saranghae" ran mal
Nu ga jinjja neoyeotneunji aldagado haetgallige mandeunda.”

“What an incredible cleverness!” Onew commented from the side and then went on the stage, “Do you think you can win against him?”

“Of course I am what I am here for anyways if I’m going to lose.”

“A confident challenger eh?”

“Yes, indeed.”

“Then, show us what you’ve got.”

Chanyeol let all his energy rose up, this is what he’s been waiting for to rap, and this is only his freedom to let out all of the things that is happening around him.

“Neukdaecheoreom ulbujijeo whoa~ jeonchoui feelin' 
On momeneun jeonyuri heulleo~ mak jjiritjjirit”

 The crowd let out a powerful shout, “FIRE PHOENIX! FIRE PHOENIX!”

“Looks like the crowd really loves our ‘Fire Phoenix’.”

Chanyeol crossed his arms and adore his crowd cheering for him, and then he looked over at Minho with a pissed look.

“Let’s have the final battle shall we?” Onew said preparing the crowd to be excited, and so it did.

Minho let both of his fist clench together and he rap all the way for his battle.

“chueumehneun mot mana udduhgeh iruggehdo dalla geuraedo geunyul mannago shipuhjineun nae mameul molla
nal gyesog salgeh hae geunyul neuggil soo ittgeh oorin numoo dallado sarangeun gyesog dwaeyahae!”

The crowd went wild again; Minho looked over at Chanyeol who has a very adorable smile at him.

“Too easy.”

“Really?” Minho asked almost pissed at him, almost.

“Then, let’s hear it from you then!” Onew challenges.

Without any further ado, Chanyeol raps with his deep but astonishing voice.

“Seodulleo seodulleo oneulman yeollineun pyeonghaengtongno 4dimensyeoneuro 
Saeroun nae sesang eoje mannan naega anilgeoya geotbogiron 
Ama ttokgata boigetjiman, geureon ppeonhan geotdeul gidaehaji ma 
Imi 1 deohagi 1 dabeun jeoldaero 2 nah~ welcome to the night ”

“Amazing, amazing, amazing!” Onew clapped amazed by the fact that Chanyeol is really good at rapping.

“Thank you.” Chanyeol bowed gracefully and stood up straight, the crowd really loves him, too much.

“Shall we now know who the winner of this amazing battle is?” Onew gets too excited also.

Both Chanyeol and Minho stood beside each other and, as awkward as it is Minho whispered something from Chanyeol, “You’re so great, I have a feeling that you’re going to win from this challenge.”

“Thanks; actually I don’t mean anything that I said to you earlier, so, sorry in advance.”

“Nah, I always get used-”

“Who votes for Minho the ‘flaming charisma’?” Onew said and lifts Minho’s arms

The entire crowd booed while some cheered, but mostly all the people already betrayed him.

“Now, who votes for Chanyeol the ‘Fire Phoenix’?” again, Onew lifts Chanyeol’s arms

That’s when the crowd cheered, applause, and some even whistled at him.

“The majority wins! Park Chanyeol the ‘Fire Phoenix’!”

 Chanyeol jumped up high in the air and hugged Onew tightly, he then let go and go to where Minho is.

“Hey, it’s a good battle after all, right?” Chanyeol offered his hands towards Minho as Minho gladly shook it with.

“Yeah, congrats.” Minho smiled and then walked away from Chanyeol.

 

After the battle was done, Onew rest for awhile, exhausted from hosting the battle earlier.

“Do we have chicken for lunch?” Onew asked desperately as he slopped to the couch.

Chanyeol sat beside Onew, “I’ll give you chicken if you give me my money.”

Onew almost forgot about Chanyeol, “What money?”

“Hello! Did you forget it already? I won the contest here aren’t I?”

Key sat on the other couch and eat some pizza, “Oh yeah, about that, Chanyeol, I’m sorry to say this but we have to move out tomorrow, so we cancelled the contest.”

“What do you mean?”

Onew suddenly sat up straight, “What we mean is, the underground contest is cancelled, permanently. Someone said that we are living in an illegal place so we need to move out, and besides we’re tired already by living in this kind of .”

Key agreed as he nodded, “Agree.”

Chanyeol frowned, “But, what about my money?”

Key looked at him dumbly, “You need to get a REAL job, if you want some money.”

A real job? Chanyeol can’t handle that, not now, only rapping is the skill he knows for now.

“At least give me my last money that I have won earlier.” Chanyeol pleaded.

Key gives up already as groan and let out his wallet giving him 400,000 won, “That should be enough.”

Chanyeol hugged Key tightly and kiss the money, “Thank you so much!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah and can you please get out of here al-”

“Kim Kibum and Lee Jinki!”

The guys inside got startled as Onew sat up straight and Key almost chocked unto his food.

A group of guys showed up and behind them was their Leader, well Assistant of the Leader: Kim Jonghyun.

“Jong—what are you doing here?!” Onew’s voice got cracked a little bit as he pointed towards Jonghyun who only let out a smirk.

“My boss wanted to talk to you.” And then as he said, the guys greatly make way and there entered the guy with good looks and all.

“Hello, Key, Onew.” The man nodded to the said persons.

The guy’s name is Lee Hyuk Jae the best among the rest; every rapper looked up to him no one and as in no one defeats him, no one, in many years before.

“Ahh, Eunhyuk! What a surprise!”

“This is not even a surprise...”

But then again, his conceited side shows.

“I heard from many people that this place will shut down right?”

Onew and Key nodded furiously.

“Well, do you happen to know the guy who will make this place shut down?”

Onew and Key shook their heads furiously.

“I am.”

Eyes widened, Onew and Key can’t believe that it’s their undefeatable champion who brought them down, although it’s still okay for them, Onew and Key always lived their life here in the underground, and this is what they rather called home.

“Then, what can we do to make them stay?” a voice from behind Onew and Key said.

It was Chanyeol.

Eunhyuk pushed aside Key which makes Onew stumble a little bit but luckily he caught himself just in time.

“And who are you?”

“Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol said plainly.

“Do you want to save your friends here?” Eunhyuk said and pointed towards Key and Onew who’s shaking their heads violently at Chanyeol so that this nonsense would stop.

‘Stop it PARK CHANYEOL!’ Key mouthed.

‘You’re putting us into danger!’ Onew mouthed also.

But Chanyeol is strong-minded, he will save his friends home.

“Yes.” Chanyeol answered back, harshly at Eunhyuk.

“Then, let’s make a deal. If you won against me in a battle then this little haven of your friends will be all theirs, and if you lose I’ll get what is mine especially from you, I will take all of your earnings, understand?”

Is this the risk he would take? “Deal.”

“It’s a deal then,” Eunhyuk said and looked over at Onew and Key.

“Looks like you guys have a hero, good luck for tomorrow, and just to remind you that I am always prepared.” And with that Eunhyuk together with the guys walked away.

Once they were out, Onew and Key can’t help but to whine, “Oh, snap. Now look what you’ve done! Instead of going out in secret, you already ruined it!” Onew annoyingly said.

“But I want to save you guys, this is your home right?”

“Yeah, so you can have your money with you,” Onew muttered, which make Chanyeol looked down.

“No, because I really wanted to help you guys.” Chanyeol whispered and keep his head down.

Key softens when he heard, now he truly know how soft and kind Chanyeol is.

“Oh c’mon Onew, he really is helping us.”

Onew sat up straight and sighed, he too softens when he heard that. “Eunhyuk is a strong competitor, he is undefeatable.”

“Trust me; I can really turn him down.”

“But if you lose, it’s okay for us, really Chanyeol,” Key softly said as Onew nod at him.

“I am not backing down.” Chanyeol stood up and pump his fist in the air, “PARK CHANYEOL WILL NEVER BACK DOWN!”

Onew and Key chuckled a little bit, “You should go home now, and you’re tired.” Key said and smiled at Chanyeol

“I WILL! I WILL!” and Chanyeol walked still shouting that he can do this.

“Aish. That boy, really?”

Chanyeol is out again and breathe in the fresh air, “Chanyeol can do this!” and with that being said Chanyeol went home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you think he’s the first one?”

“Definitely.”

Both Ryeowook and Miah looked at each other, smiling.

‘Our journey begins’


MidnightStories' Note; Well, It's the first chapter!!!! and yeah it's a little bit short, kind of, but don't worry about that the following chapters would be more interesting, i just wanted to introduce you all what life Chanyeol has! (that derp sweet guy) so yeah, i have nothing more to say.... so please comment, or even upvote! thank you guys for reading "E X O" :) Have a nice day!!