Fifteen: Beach

A Change Of Heart

Friday night came and Daesung held a party at the club called Hideout for all his classmates and other friends. They celebrated his birthday earlier since they still have plans on going out of town the next day. Everyone was enjoying the party. Dara and Bom are there, as well as Chaerin. TOP is keeping company the girls while Youngbae, Seungri and Daesung are busily bumping their bodies in the middle of the dance floor. Jiyong is sitting alone on one of the stools on the counter, drinking up his beer. One girl walked towards him and took the seat beside him.

 

 

"Hi." she greeted but Jiyong ignored her.

 

 

"I'm Yoona. You're Jiyong right?" she asked but again, Jiyong ignored her.

 

 

Jiyong looked around, annoyed by the girl sitting beside her. He spotted the table where TOP was sitting and he stood up, leaving Yoona behind. She called him but he didn't care. He reached their table and sat on the vacant chair, which is beside Dara. Dara looked at her side to see who sat beside her, and she blinked after seeing him. Jiyong returned his gaze.

 

 

"What?" he asked.

 

 

"You look annoyed." Dara answered, for the first time, she is not stuttering.

 

 

Jiyong smirked. "You can tell huh?" he said as he look away from her. Dara nodded. "It's nothing." he said and leaned his head on the backrest. Dara just watched him as he close his eyes.

 

 

Bom nudged TOP and pouted her lips towards the two. TOP followed her gaze and a small smile was painted on his lips after seeing Jiyong sitting beside Dara with his head leaning on the backrest. Taeyang came back on their table and nodded to his friends. He sat beside Chaerin and looked around the table. His gaze landed on Jiyong who is sitting a bit closer that usual to Dara. He then roamed his eyes around, like what he saw isn't something new to him.

 

 

"Ah! So hot!" Seungri exclaimed after coming back to their table.

 

 

"Yah! Come on, dance with me some more!" Daesung called them as he stood in front of their table. He looked around and his eyes landed on Dara. "Noona! Dance with me!" He said to Dara, making her eyes widen.

 

 

"Oh no, no." Dara declined while waving her hands in front of her chest. "I don't know how to dance." she said and shook her head.

 

 

"It's okay. No one will notice that when you're there." Daesung said and was about to grab Dara's hand but was stopped because Jiyong is sitting beside her, blocking Daesung's way. Since the chair is half circle, Dara can't pass unless Jiyong moves out of the way.

 

 

"Hyung, let Dara-noona pass." Daesung said but Jiyong ignored him like he didn't hear a thing. Youngbae chuckled, entertained by the scene in front of him.

 

 

"Hyung!" Daesung exclaimed. Jiyong opened his eyes and turned his head to his side so slow like that in the movies. His gaze landed on Daesung and glared at him darkly. Daesung gulped the lump in his throat. "P-please let noona pass." he stuttered.

 

 

Jiyong slowly lifted his head and stood up. Daesung grabbed Dara's wrist happily. "Let's go noona!" Daesung said and pulled Dara on the dance floor. Jiyong sat back on the chair, leaned his head on the backrest, and closed his eyes.

 

 

Chaerin excused herself and went to the counter. She sat on one of the high stools and ordered a cocktail. Seungri would sometimes look at her direction. His gaze darken when he saw someone approached her. What surprised him was that Chaerin did not ignore him. He can see her talking to him even thought she's not looking at his direction. And narrowed his eyes and was surprised when he saw who the person was. It was the person who told them who Chaerin is when they visited the Hideout the other night. It was Teddy.

 

 

"You have new friends." Teddy said.

 

 

Chaerin's expression did not change. "How're things going?" she asked.

 

 

Teddy shrugged. "Same." he simply answered.

 

 

Chaerin roamed her eyes around and his gaze landed on their table where Seungri was sitting, glaring at them. Her brow raised at him after seeing his blazing eyes that wants to burn them. Teddy followed her gaze and saw Seungri looking at them. He then looked back to Chaerin then back to Seungri who are both lost in their moment of glaring game.

 

 

===o===

 

 

Saturday came and everyone rode the van excitedly. Dong Wook, TOP's older brother, came as well together with his girlfriend Han Byul. They met at five in the morning since their destination is a 4-hour drive. Everyone was busy chatting inside the van, except for Chaerin who is not talking. Dara would check on her sometimes but she would just nod or say that she's fine and that's it. TOP, being the best driver, was the one who drove the van, with Jiyong on the passenger seat and also a substitute driver in case TOP wants to rest. The three girls were in front, Dong Wook and Han Byul on the second row while Youngbae, Seungri and Daesung were at the last row of the van. Daesung would always make the gang chuckle or laugh at his silly jokes.

 

 

They stopped by at some market to buy the things they needed. They divided themselves to make the work faster and easier. TOP and Bom were assigned to buy the meat and fish. Youngbae and Daesung were told to buy some cans of beer and other beverages. Han Byul and Don Wook were told to buy some groceries. Seungri was left inside the van since he was fast asleep, while Chaerin decided to just wait outside the van. Jiyong and Dara were assigned to buy the vegetables (thanks to Bom).

 

 

 

"Ahjumma, how much is this?" Dara asked as she pointed to the cucumber on the table. Jiyong was standing behind her, holding some of the plastic bags of the vegetables they already bought. The ahjumma answered and smiled sweetly to them.

 

 

 

"You two look very good together." The ahjumma said, making Dara blushed. Jiyong looked at the old woman after hearing what she said. "I'm glad you asked her to be your wife." the ahjumma  said after handing Dara the plastic bag.

 

 

"Ahjumma, we're not married." Dara smiled at the old woman as she handed her their payment.

 

 

"Oh really? Then when are you going to ask her?" the ahjumma directed the question to Jiyong who was only looking at her. Receiving only a serious look from Jiyong, the ahjumma sighed. "Aigoo, this young lad." she said and handed Dara their change. Dara bowed politely while smiling at her and they made their way back to the van.

 

 

 

Hours later…

 

 

 

They arrived at 10:30 in the morning. They all went out of the van and the fresh air coming from the blue sea greeted them. The place is so quiet, with only the waves of the sea and the birds singing can be heard. The trees that were planted near the shore was all green and giving the place a calming aura. The blue sky that extends onto the horizon can be seen clearly, and the white sand on the shore made the place even more breathtaking.

 

 

Dara closed her eyes and spread her arms a bit to feel the air that brushes her soft skin. She breathe in and out, filling her lungs with some fresh air. A smile spread across her lips as she opened her eyes. She looked at her friends, and she smiled again after seeing that they're doing the same. Even Chaerin looked calm after seeing the beautiful place.

 

 

 After feeding themselves with the beauty of the place, they started unloading their things. The boys started lifting the their bags and the things they bought at the market to the rest house. The rest house was painted in white, from the roof to the posts all the way to the gate. The large window glasses are giving the house enough light coming from the outside. Even inside the house, it was still white. The group roamed their eyes in awe after seeing the house.

 

 

"How will we divide the rooms?" Bom asked. She then looked at Daesung. "How many rooms are there?" she asked.

 

 

"Five." Daesung answered.

 

 

"So, what should we do?" Bom asked.

 

 

"Obviously, the lovers will have their own rooms."Youngbae said dully. "Dong Wook and Han Byul and TOP and Bom, then me and Jiyong, Dara and Chaerin  and lastly, Seungri and Daesung will take the last room." He informed them.

 

 

All of them nodded and started going to their designated rooms. Youngbae gentlemanly helped Dara and Chaerin with their bags. Dara smiled at him and said thank you, while Chaerin gave him a small smile which did not escape Seungri's eyes.

 

 

'Tss.She smiles at Youngbae but completely ignores me. I hate her.'  Seungri thought and began stamping his feet towards their room. Daesung shook his head and followed him. Jiyong, on the other hand, is following Youngbae upstairs. Suddenly, Youngbae stopped ascending, making Jiyong stop as well. Youngbae turned around and handed him Dara's bag. Jiyong raised his brow questioningly.

 

 

"I need a hand." Youngbae said, making Jiyong roll his eyes. Not waiting for his answer, he grabbed Jiyong's wrist and handed him Dara's bag.

 

 

"Next time, don't offer your help if you can't handle it." He said, making Youngbae chuckle.

 

 

"You know me." Youngbae said and continued going upstairs. They stopped in front of Dara and Chaerin's room whose door is open. "Knock knock." Youngbae said. Dara and Chaerin immediately looked at their direction and stood up.  "Can we come in?" he asked, and Dara nodded. 'We?' Dara asked herself.

 

 

Youngbae went inside their room and smiled at them. He handed Chaerin's bag to her, and looked at the direction of the door just in time to see Jiyong coming inside with Dara's bag on his left hand. He stopped and looked around and his eyes landed to Dara who was looking at him. He walked towards her and handed her  the bag. Dara lifted her hand to hold her bag and thanked him for carrying it for her. Jiyong just nodded and turned around, leaving them. Youngbae smiled again to them before following Jiyong to their room.

 

 

"You like him." Chaerin suddenly said, making Dara look at her. Light pink tints can be seen on her cheeks.

 

 

"What are you talking about?" Dara said as she began walking to their closet to arrange her things.

 

 

"Dara is in denial stage." Chaerin said teasingly, though her face is still serious. Dara turned around and looked at her.

 

 

"Seriously Chaerin, how are you doing that?" she asked.

 

 

"What? Knowing that you like him?" she asked while raising her brow.

 

 

Dara shook her head. "Ani. Teasing me while still wearing that serious expression?" Dara asked, a small smile is visible on her lips. Chaerin then let out a small chuckle and shook her head.

 

 

The two girls finished arranging their things. They changed into comfortable clothes, with Chaerin wearing a large t-shirt and shorts that exposes her legs, while Dara is wearing a simple white shirt and shorts that runs up to her knees to hide her wound she acquired from the stranger who threw her a dagger. After changing, they decided to come down. They saw Dong Wook and  Youngbae walking while  lifting some cooler towards the door. Youngbae smiled after seeing them and informed them that they will have their lunch at the beach. Their friends are already there, and so, Dara and Chaerin followed the two guys.

 

 

The boys are wearing their shirts and trunks. Some of them are setting up the other table and the foldable chairs under one of the trees, while the others are already grilling the barbeque. Han Byul and Bom are slicing the vegetables and other ingredients. Bom is wearing a simple shirt and shorts, while Han Byul is wearing a summer dress.

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri saw Chaerin in her summer clothes. 'Damn. I didn't know she's this hot.' He thought. Chaerin looked at him and saw him staring at him. She walked towards him and stopped in front of him.

 

 

"Staring is rude." Chaerin said and smirked. "Stop drooling." she said and turned around.

 

 

Seungri's hand immediately went to hismouth, wiping the drool that did not even exist. He then glared at Chaerin's retreating back.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara took the seat beside Han Byul while Chaerin took the seat beside Bom. They chatted for a while, but then Dara had to o back to the house to get her phone. Minzy is supposed to call her anytime that day. After getting it, she immediately went back to where her friends were.

 

 

 She was almost half-way to her friends when the wind blew along with some dirt with it. The dirt went inside Dara's eyes and by her instinct, she immediately closed them. She stopped walking and her hand immediately went to her eyes. She rubbed her eyes and tried to open them but she can't.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jiyong was also on his way towards the house to get some more beers. He saw Dara walking slowly towards him with her head bowed down and one of her hands were on her face but he ignored her. When he was just a hundred meter away from her, he saw her tripped down on the sand, with a big rock blocking her right foot. She fell face forward and grunted in pain. Jiyong immediately went to her, half-running and half walking. Dara was already sitting when Jiyong stopped in front of her.

 

 

"You okay?" Jiyong asked her as he kneeled down to her level. Dara raised her head, with her eyes still close.

 

 

"Jiyong?" she asked him.

 

 

"What happened to you?" he asked, confused on why her eyes were closed.

 

 

"Something went inside my eyes." Dara explained and raised her hand to rub her eyes but Jiyong stopped her by grabbing her wrist. He raised Dara's face by placing her chin between his thumb and pointing finger.

 

 

"Try to open them." he said, and as she did, he blew straight to her eyes taking her by surprise and her head jerked back. Jiyong blew some air into Dara's a few more times. She tried to open them again a bit, and felt a little relieved when she was able to see Jiyong's face, but not clearly since her eyes are not yet fully okay.

 

 

"Better?" he asked. Dara nodded and she started to stand up. Jiyong noticed that her knee got a little scratch. He stood up as well and removed the sand on his knees before straightening up. He held her hand and started pulling her back to the house.

 

 

"Jiyong, where are we going?" Dara asked, her eyes opened a bit. She looked at their intertwined hands and she blushed.

 

 

"Inside." Jiyong simply answered.

 

 

"I'm fine." Dara said.

 

 

"You got a scratch." Jiyong informed her, still pulling her towards the house.

 

 

"I'll be fine." Dara said but Jiyong still pulled her. They arrived inside and Jiyong led her to his and Taeyang's room. She motioned her to sit on the bed, her eyes are so much better. She can now open them fully. She remembered her wound, and she lifted her  knee to look at it. She frowned after seeing that it was bleeding.

 

 

Maybe I hit a shell. She thought.

 

 

Jiyong came back with a kit in his hand. He cleaned her wound and placed a spongebob designed band aid on her wound. She smiled after seeing the band aid on her knee.

 

 

"Why are you smiling?" he asked, looking at her.

 

 

Dara shook her head while still looking at the band aid. "It's cute." she answered.

 

 

Jiyong just stared at her for a while after deciding to return the kit. "You can go back now." Jiyong said, still inside the bathroom.

 

 

Dara stood up and waited for Jiyong to get out of the bathroom. "Thank you." She said and started heading towards the door when it suddenly opened, revealing  Youngbae. Dara stopped on her tracks, a bit surprised at the sudden intrusion of Youngbae in the room.

 

 

"Jiyong, did you-------"  Youngbae stopped by the door after seeing them. He stared at them for a moment. "Ah, Dara. You're here too." he said.

 

 

"What do you need?" Jiyong asked him with his usual expression.

 

 

"Oh. I was going to ask if you brought your camera." he asked. Jiyong turned around and walked towards his bag. He fiddled the inside for a while, then stood up. He handed him the camera. "Thanks." he smiled at them and closed the door.

 

 

"Oh?" Dara said and scratched her head after realizing that she's still inside their room. She walked towards the door and opened it. Before going out, she turned around and smiled at Jiyong. "Thank you again." she said and closed the door leaving him inside the room.

 

 

All of a sudden, Jiyong heard a phone ringing. He turned to look at the bed and saw Dara's phone blinking. He walked closer to it and grabbed it from the bed. From the caller ID, Jiyong read Minzy's name. He walked towards the door and started walking fast to catch up with Dara. She just got out of the house when Jiyong saw her. He called her and Dara stopped immediately, turning around.

 

 

"You have a call." he said and handed her the phone. He turned around and started going back inside the house to get the can of beers he was supposed to get earlier. Dara accepted the call after Jiyong disappeared from her sight.

 

 

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

NYONGDAL UPDATE:

 

Krishild Mabz (@krishild) uploaded a new DaraGon video entitled:

Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park - FAITH Daragon | Nyongdal 뇽달

Watch it on Youtube! New DaraGon evidences are there *u*

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

Annyeong yeorubun! ^________^ Chapter 15 updated! Hope you like it :D I'll try to finish this fanfic before June since I might not be able to update this anymore if I won't finish it before classes start. :D 2 more chapter to be updated! Wait for it neh? :D

Comment, comment and comment!

 

Follow me on twitter: @MsJiDee1812 I'll follow back :D

 

PS: Ready yourself for Chapter 16. kekeke =^___^=

 

*bows*

*waves*

- MsGeeDee