CHAPTER 4

Moments of Love

 

 

                The Nam and Park family gathered in their small living room. Mr. Park made it straight to the point and told them that her daughter is being bullied in school by her classmates. Certainly, the old folks were surprised of the news.

                “I sent my daughter here because you told us that this place will be good for her, but look what happened?!” Mr. Park started to rant and without him knowing he is already practically shouting. His daughter is trying to calm him down but he just continues. “And now this, your grandson took away my daughter without any of your permission! I already told you the things that she should not eat or do! One of them is getting tired!” It’s piling all up in him that’s why he’s getting angrier, but when Chorong realize that her father is getting too far and is even talking about her condition she stood up and shouted!

                “Appa!!! Please, stop!!!” 

                Everyone’s eyes turn to her and became quiet. She looks at them each but landed lastly to her father. “Appa, you got it all wrong.”

                Mr. Park started to calm down but is also puzzled. “What do you mean?”

                Ashamed and guilty because the Nam family got involved of her selfishness, Chorong move her head down and takes a deep breath. When her father saw her gestures he also stood up and is getting suspicious. “Chorong-ah, don’t tell me…you…” He puts his hands on her shoulder.

                “Deh, it’s my entire fault. I made it all up.” She remains in her stance and cannot even give a glance to everyone. For the first time she felt so sorry to the people around her especially to Woohyun who became a good friend of hers. “I’m… s-orry” She lets her pride down and apologizes to them but the Nam family are still confuse of what she said.

                “Wait, what made up? I saw everything. They slapped you.” Woohyun moved into his feet as he asked her.

                “I planned all of it. All I wanted is to go back to Cheongdamdong. I was selfish. I’m really sorry.” Finally she faced him and with tears in her eyes. But Woohyun is still in surprised with all her lies.

                Mr. Park also apologizes to the Nam family. He even bowed down with his feet to show his sincerity. And with their kind hearts they accepted their apologies and told them to forget everything and just start again.

                “Can you please also accept my daughter again?” He suggested and even though Chorong wanted to oppose she remained quiet because she still feel ashamed of what happened. The grandparents did not think twice and let Chorong get back to their house.

                Then, Mr. Park and his daughter went out to talk.

                “Appa, sorry. But I’ll accept it now. I’ll stay here.”

                “Chorong-ah…please…please…do something worthwhile don’t waste…. anything.” He gave his daughter a light hug then left.

                 


 

                The next morning Woohyun wakes up early and did his usual routine same when Chorong wasn’t still around. So he goes to school alone and he treated her like she doesn’t exist. But his unusual actions and mad expression is so evident to others.

~Cafeteria~

                Concerned of his friend’s actions, he sat with him and tapped his arm “Yah, what happened? You’re acting cold towards her.”

                “Please, let’s not talk about her.”

                Meanwhile, Chorong is on her way at the cafeteria when Hyomin approach her.

                “Good to see you!”  Hyomin greeted her cheerfully but Chorong only has a blunt expression. “Anyway, I have good news for you! You got pick to perform for our school festival together with our classmate, Niel”

                “I’m not going to perform on anything.” She said firmly and walks away but Hyomin blocked her.

                “Huh, I didn’t know you have this kind of manners. This is an order from our adviser since you skipped classes.” She gave her a smirk then walks off first.

                Chorong did not give much attention to it as her mind is focus on Woohyun.  So when she got to the cafeteria  she picks on a table where she could at least glance at his reactions. She was alone on her table until Eunji sat with her.

                “Who are you?” Chorong was a bit surprised to the smiling Eunji in front who suddenly acted friends with her.

                The perky girl extended her hand. “I am Eunji. I was the one who called Woohyun to help you.” She smiles but got rejected.

                Chorong leans back to her chair with her arms cross and eyes piercing at her. While thinking that another troublesome person comes in her way. “It’s you? You are the one?”

                “Yes! I saved your life! Can we be friends now?” She said proudly not noticing Chorong’s sarcasm.

                “You actually ruined it. If it wasn’t because of you they will not get involved! ”

                “Me? How?”

                “ Nevermind, anyway… do you really want to be my friend?” Eunji nods.  “Then, you have to help me talk to Woohyun.”

                  Eunji agreed and so she tailed on Hoya that she thinks the only person who could help them. However, she didn’t expect that it’ll be quite difficult as he has lots of friends. Unlike in her case the students would stop by and talk to him. So her only opportunity is the men’s restroom. Eunji followed him inside and when she got in she quickly locked the door. Fortunately, Hoya is alone there fixing his wavy styled hair. Hoya jumped in surprise when he sees her walk in.

                “ Aigoo! Yah! This is men’s room.”

                Eunji blushed. “I know. I j-just really… need to ask for your help...”

                “Here??? What is it?”

                She explained to him what she wants and since he’s also curious about what happened between Woohyun and Chorong he also agreed to help her. So after their class he called Woohyun to go to a room where Chorong is.

                On the other hand the other two are outside eavesdropping. While Hoya is busy watching them, Eunji slightly lift up her head and cannot help herself but to spazz on the inside. Her crush is just a few inches away from her and she can practically smell his perfume that is already touching her clothes. So she moves even closer to him and pretended that she’s just resting her head in the arms of naïve Hoya.

                Chorong walks towards him and is also the first one to speak up. “ Woohyun-ah, how long are you going to treat me like this? I already apologized sincerely. Why are you still angry?”

                “My grandparents got humiliated BUT It wasn’t your father’s fault . It’s YOU!”

                “I know. That’s why I apologize. What else do you want me to do?”

                “What else? Stay away from us.”  He said it firmly straight into her soul with his eyes same with when he got angry to the girls that bullied her.  Woohyun was about to walk out of the room when Hoya and Eunji appeared in the window.

                “Woohyun-ah, you will not get out of here unless you accept her apology.” Hoya gives his best friend a big smile then unknowingly took Eunji’s hand and ran away to the soccer field. They laugh out with Woohyun’s reaction while catching their breaths.

                “Did you see his reaction?” Hoya asked.

                “Deh, he’s dumbfounded and…”  She answered but then gets cut off when Hoya quickly let go of her hand. They both look away and the awkward atmosphere joined them.

 

                Meanwhile, the classroom is filled with silence as Woohyun continues to ignore Chorong’s presence. He sat beside the window and rested his head on the desk pretending to be asleep. However, she is also persistent to receive his forgiveness and is willing to do anything just to be good in terms with him again.

                “ Woohyun-ah, You know…You’re my only friend here.”

                Woohyun can feel her sincerity and is anger no more but her words seem to make him further curious of her feelings, so he stayed in his place and listen to what she will say.

               

                “It’s the first time I felt so ashamed and guilty. Your family and…you are so good to me. Again, I’m sorry. Don’t worry I’ll not show up again. If that’s what you want.”

                Chorong bowed in 90 degrees then gestured to leave when suddenly Woohyun stands up feeling sorry and scared that she will really leave, so he quickly reaches for her.

                “Where are you going?” He asked in concern. But Chorong cannot respond at once as she is quite surprise with his sudden change of expression. She looks at his hand holding her arms so when he realizes it he lets it go. Woohyun cleans his throat and continues. “I was… also wrong of showing my pride. Y-you…you don’t have to go.”

                “So…you mean?”

                “I mean…I’m sorry and let’s be friends again?” He offered a handshake which Chorong quickly happily accepted.

 

                Moments later, Eunji and Hoya went back to open the room. They were glad to see them friends again. Hoya is even more happy that he treats them each a bowl of ramyun.

                Chorong did not only get back a friend but also meet new ones. 

Please, please... leave a comment. Thank you! ^^

 


 

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! 

credit:bibleverse|tumblr