I Fell In Love With My Examiner-Hyukjae POV

I Fell In Love With My Examiner

Strutting around the crowded streets of Seoul, I wondered aimlessly , desperate for something, or just anything, that would distract me from the impending fail I was going to get for my exam.

Maybe it wasn't going to be that bad.

Though I probably would commit suicide if I had to go through Year One with the much-younger-than-me-by-a-few-years students.

Bam.

Swish.

THUD.

Ouch.

I glanced up and peered at a shadowy figure that had most probably been the one that ruthlessly pushed me to the ground. However, as I slowly stood up and the figure came into focus, I found the pain that had been throbbing in my slowly moved forward to flood my jewels, rendering me breathless.

"Are you alright?" That familar y voice sounded as I scrutinised the painfully handsome male in front of me, my lower region in serious trouble right now.

"What the are you doing here?" I blurted out, groaning inwardly as I realised that that might not have been the best come-on.

Duh.

The examiner narrowed his eyes at me, clicking his tongue as recognition lit his eyes.

"Oh, its you."

"Yes, its me." I answered, my heart thudding in anticipation for his reply.

"You're the gay, right? The one who's probably going to fail his exams." The male said, smirking as his eyes twinkled with amusement. If it wasn't for the fact that he was so goddamned hot, I would have bludgeoned him right there and then. 

"Yes, I'm the gay and I know you're the examiner so stop being so irritating. Or I would have your head in my room." I snapped in annoyance, my temper rising when the male just smiled.

"Lee Donghae."

"Pardon?" I asked, my brows wrinkling in confusement.

The examiner grinned deeper before holding out his hand.

"My name is Lee Donghae."

--------------

3 Hours Later

Squashed up in a tiny booth and sipping overpriced lattes, I questioned my sanity as I glared at Donghae who sat across me.

What was I doing in a cafe with my examiner?

Shaking my head, I folded my arms and stared out of the window defiantly, trying to ignore the not-so-subtle glances from Donghae.

"Where are you from?" The latter asked, frowning when I didn't answer. Finally unable to stand it, I snapped my head back to glare at him, failing pathetically when I saw what he was wearing.

Ripped black tight jeans with a loose white shirt that draped over perfectly, adding on the fact that his hair was messily tousled in an insanely hot manner.

He is so ing gorgeous.

Biting my lips, I gazed into his eyes, trying to figure out what he was thinking when he initiated another conversation.

"How old are you?"

I raised my brows before crossing my hands below my chin.

"19. You?"

"20." I gaped as I allowed my eyes to travel his body again. His flawless and spotless skin plus the mischievious glint in his eyes confirmed his age.

"I figured you'd be curious as to why I'm so young. After acing my final year exams at eighteen years old, I started training to be a lecturer and this examination where I'm supposed to test the pupils was a test to assure my abilities as a lecturer." Donghae explained, pausing to let me digest this news.

I sat there, shell-shocked, as I tried to stop the tears from falling (yes, I'm an emotional person).

God.

I feel like a failure.

Where there's people like Donghae who are working hard for their future, there's people like me who's just wasting their life away and hanging out with stupid friends and practically staying stagnant at where they are.

"Hey, are you alright?" The soothing voice of Donghae pulled me out from my thoughts, waking me to reality. And that's when I realised that I had been crying, despite my wishes not to.

"I...I'm fine." I choked out, feeling my throat tightened as a new wave of tears washed over me.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me, shoving away any feelings of sadness and inferiority.

"I don't want to rot away." I cried out, curling up in Donghae's embrace.

"Of course you won't. I'll make sure that you won't." Sighing in relief as I heard the reassuring promise, I snuggled deeper when all of a sudden, I heard hushed whispers around us and remembered that we were in a cafe.

Damn.

I pulled away from the embrace and gazed around the tiny booth, blushing when I saw curious on-lookers staring at us, some with disgust.

God, that was embarassing.

--------------