Stay

Skate On Skater "Boy"

 

Stay

Zelo opened his arms and you walked into them, letting him hold you. 

"I'll try not to be a burden..." You squeaked into his chest. 

He took care of you like family, and even though the other B.A.P members didn't approve of your budding relationship, they accepted you warmly. 

Everyday you lived cautiously, not wanting to get caught with Zelo and the other members. With nowhere to go, you spent most of your days watching TV in their dorm. 

They were always busy practicing for their comeback, so you found a job selling skateboards in the middle of Seoul. But even walking outside was dangerous as the exit to their dorm always had reporters or sasaeng fans lurking around waiting for them to appear out of the blue. 

You hid your long hair and feminine face under a cap and one of Zelo's bandanas as you quietly sneaked out from the back of the building, heading to work. Even if you were spotted, you'd look like more of a guy than a girl.

As much as you wanted to leave because you felt that you were endangering B.A.P by having a relationship with Zelo, you didn't want to hurt him since he told you, you meant a lot to him. 

Yet you didn't want to live a life where you had to be cautious all the time. You missed your old life where you wandered around wherever you wanted to go messily and loudly, but you were afraid to hurt Zelo. 

Laying down stomach first on the couch you let out a deep groan as someone walks in. 

"Mwo?" Zelo walks towards your stretched out body. 

"Mmm? Nothing..." You mutter into the couch. 

He crouches beside you, your hair softly and you turn your head towards his innocent, tired face. It was already late at night so you asked him if he was okay since dark circles were clearly visible around his eyes. Smiling at how worried you were, you sat up on the edge couch and he laid down, resting his head on your lap. 

You his cheek gently with your thumb and he soon fell asleep to your touch. 

Zelo-ya...should I leave you?

~

"Let's go out for dinner tonight!" Zelo ran to you from across the room. 

You looked at him blankly. He let out a child-like laugh and grabbed your hand. 

"Let's go." He smiled cutely. 

Sneaking out from the exit of the building, the both of you walked to a nearby restaurant freely. 

It had been a while since you spent alone time with Zelo so you cherished the moment. The sky soon darkened and you walked back hand in hand. 

The both of you were so happy around each other that the world around you seems to disappear. You were blind about the fact that people were always wandering around their dorm and so was Zelo. Feeling like a normal teenage couple, he confidently leads you up to the entrance of the building. You face each other, leaving a small space between you two. His hands make its way around your waist and you place your hands over his broad shoulders. Slowly inching towards your lips, the shutter of a camera startles you and Zelo flings his head to the side where a reporter stood, examining the photo he just took. 

"Ya!" Zelo screamed, letting go of you. 

Quickly hiding your face, you rush back to their dorm. 

Slamming the door, you drop to knees and begin to cry in shame. 

How could you be so stupid?

Yongguk crouches beside you and places his hand on your shoulder. Flinging yourself backwards you stutter, "D-don't touch m-me!" 

At this time, Zelo slowly opens the door and the members gather around you. Rushing towards you, you scramble onto your feet and run to the room you share with Zelo. Grabbing your bag out of the closet, you quickly stuff your belongings into it. 

Tears fall from your eyes as you pull your hair into a cap and tie a bandana around your face. Slinging the bag over you and grabbing Zelo's skateboard, you run to the door of the room when you hear them yelling at Zelo. 

It's all my fault...

Looking out the window, you examine how far the jump would be if you were to leave through the window. You didn't want to create a bigger fuss outside. Ever since you were a child, you hated the feeling of anger and tension in a room. You managed to escape every time, before you were scolded. 

Quickly scribbling a goodbye letter on a piece of scrap paper, you left it on top of a drawer. Opening the window, you squeezed through and landed safely on the dirt ground. 

Mianhae…Don’t forgive me…

Skating as quickly as you can, you found an empty bench in a dark, quiet area. You sat down, gasping for air. Tears still fell from your face and you felt like a coward. Always avoiding your problems and not mending them. Now you left Zelo without a proper goodbye and harmed everyone around you. 

For days, you moved from bench to bench, not wanting to be found. Passing by multiple TV stores, you clearly heard that B.A.P's comeback was delayed after a photo of Zelo being spotted kissing a mysterious woman was released to the public. 

Months later, you managed to earn enough money to afford a small, worn out house in a poor part of some town. B.A.P finally made their awaited comeback and you would watch every performance at a nearby store after work. 

Your shoulders ached after a long day of work. Walking back home with his skateboard in your hand, you pass by a CD store crowded with a bunch of girls. B.A.P posters were posted around the windows of the store. 

B.A.P autograph session!

You peer into the store and you spot them sitting at a long table with fans waiting to get their albums signed. Looking down at the skateboard, you smiled to yourself. 

You managed to push through the crowd and walk up towards Zelo. 

"What's your name?" He asks with a bright smile. 

You smile back and hand him his skateboard with both hands. His smile slowly fades as his eyes become enlarged.

"Kamsamnida. Jwesonghamnida." You say with a proud voice and bow deeply towards him. 

Turning around, you feel people's gazes on you as you try to hold back tears with a smile. You hear Yongguk speak to Zelo behind you. 

"Sit down." Yongguk tells Zelo softly. 

"Hyung...it's her...it has to be...I have to-" 

"Let it go, she left you, okay? You tried, you couldn't find her, give up." 

"But I love her!"

You hear him choke on his last few words. 

Love...

His voice rings in the back of your mind. 

Her...

You run away from the store, tears streaming from your face. You run and run and run, not sure of where you want to go, but just far away from him, from everything. 

I love you too...Zelo...