Zelo

Skate On Skater "Boy"

"Appa! I'm leaving!" You yell at your drunken father lying on the filthy couch. 

Only the sound of muffled words could be heard. You grab your worn out skateboard as you put your shoes on. 

He stands up, tipped to one side he growls, "Where are you going?"

You point at your skateboard. 

"You piece of filth...why can't you be like the other girls! You even look like a guy! An ugly guy! Come here and give me the damn skateboard!" He mutters angrily. 

"Aish..." You grumble opening the door. 

In the corner of your eye you see your dad taking an empty bottle of beer, ready to throw it at any second. You quickly drop your board to the ground and manage to dodge the thrown bottle as you skate away down the street. 

"Men are all useless, filthy, abusing jerks." You curse under your breath. 

A sharp stinging pain is felt on your left cheek when wind pushes up against your face. Halting to a stop, you place your fingertips on it. 

"Damn." You mutter as you look at the fresh red blood glazed over your finger. 

Tying your hair up, you hide it under a baseball cap and wrap a bandana over your face hiding the bloody cut. 

You skate away from your neighbourhood to what used to be a kids playground, but everything began to rust and break down. As you begin to skate around the unlevelled concrete ground, droplets of rain fall on top of your face. You look up at the cloudy sky and it begins to pour rain. Not wanting to go back to your drunken mess of a father, you begin to practice dangerous tricks with your skateboard in the heavy rain. 

Sweat forms quickly on your forehead and the rain soaks your old, baggy clothes, but nothing could make you go back home. 

This time, you want to skate down a hill and land on the sidewalk beside. You gain momentum, but as you do a hardflip above the hill, you trip over something causing you to lose your balance. Closing your eyes ready to impact the fall with your arms, you feel as if you've been flung around. There was no impact from a fall and your feet were perfectly on the ground. A boy around your age with flawless skin and blonde hair looks at you shockingly. 

"Are you okay?" He asks with worry. 

You feel his hands around you tightly. Shaken from what happen, you manage to nod slightly, keeping your head down. He gently removes your cap, letting your tied up hair fall down around your shoulders and back. 

"You're a girl?" He asks and you nod slightly again. 

He gently removes the bandana revealing your swollen wound. 

"You're not okay, we should go. You're soaking wet too." He grabs you by the arm and brings you to a local clinic. 

Your wound gets treated properly and you get examined for any injuries. The boy watches you from a distance. 

Getting up, he sits beside you and compliments you on your skateboarding skills. 

"I was watching you skate in the rain, you're really good." He smiles. 

You let out a genuine smile, but you feel uncomfortable around him, like every single guy who's ever approached you. 

"You have a nice smile too...you should smile more." He says quietly with caution. 

"Thank you...for before." You mumble, retrieving your things from him. 

You notice your skate board, broken in half against the wall. Trying to hide your tears, you put your hat back on. 

"Don't cry...I can buy you another one!" He offers. 

"I already said thank you for before. You don't have to be nice to me anymore. I'm leaving." You grab the pieces of you board and swiftly walk back out in the rain. 

"Wait!" You hear him yell from behind. 

Catching up to you, he grabs you by the arm. 

"Stop following me! Don't touch me! I'm fine! Leave me alone!" You exclaim, flinging your arm away starting to run again. 

Rushing back home, you open the door as quickly as you can. Slowly making your way to your room you find your dad sitting on the couch facing you with a knife in one hand and a beer bottle in the other. 

"I'm home..." You muttered with attitude. 

"Why the hell are you always out there. I do not want a daughter who acts like a man and fools around all day." He stumbles towards you slowly with the knife pointed in your direction. 

You drop your board in fear; your legs begin to feel powerless. The cold, sharp edge of his knife is placed on the side of your neck. You want to scream and run for help but you're frozen there. With one eye open your dad raises his arm up, the tip of the knife pointed at your chest, when all of a sudden you hear a thud and he falls to the ground.

Shooting your head towards the door, the boy from before appears with a bricks in his hands. Changing your gaze from him to your fallen dad, mixtures of emotions overwhelm you. 

He drops the bricks and grabs you by the wrist, "We should go..." He exclaims with adrenaline. 

Nodding your head, the both of you begin to run down the street, searching for shelter in a parking area. 

The boy pulls out a phone and begins to dial a number without letting go of your wrist. 

"Manager-nim? Yes it's Zelo, I need you to pick me up somewhere." He mumbled into the phone with short breaths.

Minutes later, a sleek black mini van pulls up in front of you and Zelo. He motions you into the car as both are you are driven away. From the windows you can see you're headed to Seoul. Not having ever been in Seoul, you were excited but you still didn't trust this Zelo person. You ran through escape plans in your mind throughout the ride. 

Both of you enter a dorm room and Zelo offers you a change of clothes. 

"You should take a shower before you catch a cold." He motions you towards the bathroom. 

Feeling endangered, you look at him with a blank look. 

"Oh...I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Zelo from B.A.P, it's nice to meet you. I know this place isn't much but I stay here with my hyungs. Right now everyone is home visiting there families so they won't be here for a while." He gives you the same smile. 

Quietly, you introduce yourself and apologize for being rude before. Maybe not every single guy is a bad person...maybe he can be trusted, you begin to think. 

Walking into the shower, you haven't felt the warmth of clean water since your mom left you to be abused by your dad. You step out in Zelo's clothes and find him beginning to cook ramen on a small foldout table in the middle of the room. 

"I'm sorry, but this is the only thing I have." He let out a small laugh. 

"Don't be. Thank you...for...everything today" you mutter with a smile. 

Quickly finishing the food, you rush to duct tape your skateboard back together. Lacing up your shoes, Zelo walks towards you. 

"Where are you going?" He asks. 

"Wherever I take myself. I don't think I should stay here...you are famous after all. It wouldn't be safe to be caught with a girl." You mention with a smile. 

"No it's fine, seriously. Stay...please." Zelo looks at you with sad eyes. 

Choose to leave or to stay