Trying to get use to

When It Rains

 

 

 

It’s been a few weeks since Woohyun and his family moved in next you. You both go to the same university. In the mornings when you walked past his house, he was always outside getting ready to leave also.

He always gave you those cheerful waves and a cute eye smile and all you did was smiled a little back then walked off.

At first he was a little disappointed but then he always went back to what Minhee said about you,
“... She has a really hard time trusting people and doesn’t really like to meet new people.”


That morning he say you leaving and waved. As usual, you just smiled and then walked off. *I wish I can talk to you, but you’re so scared.* He thought.

When you got to school, students didn’t really care. Since it was college the students were too mature to do anything mean. Some even smiled at you once in awhile. But you still didn’t have any friends.

It was time for class to start and you headed to your seat. Students began to fill the room and soon, the lecture started.

It was boring and students either fell asleep or was chatting and many were just staring into space like you. You let out a little sigh and sat up straight. Before the teacher can continue with his boring stories, the bell rang.

“Saved by the bell.” A student muttered and you chuckled at the funny comment. You packed your things and walked out of the class.You turned the corner and a notebook appeared in front of your face.

*Who is this?* You pushed the hand down and it was no other than Woohyun. He had on a big frame glasses and was smiling at you. “Are you going to go eat now?”

You turned around and looked behind you in case he was talking to someone else. Then you realized he was talking to you. “Oh. Um yeah.”

“Wanna go together?” He asked out of the blue. Your eyes widened at his question. “Not to be rude, but why are you asking me this?”

He shrugged. “Well because I don’t know anyone here besides you and I don’t like to eat alone. It’s... lonely.” He made a pouty face. You couldn’t help but smile at how cute he was. WIthout thinking, you just nodded.

Woohyun smiled and then walked next to you. “You know, you’re the only friend I’ve made so far since I moved here.” You looked at him. “Really? You look like a person who has a lot of friends.” He shook his head.

“I did back at home. But not here is Seoul.”

You both walked into the cafeteria. “Ladies first.” You smiled and went in front of him. *He’s so polite.* You got your snacks and went to sit in your usual spot.

“Want some?” He held out his bag of chips. “Thanks but no thanks.”

“Do you not like to share?” He asked. “No I do, it’s just, I’ve never really had friends so it’s kind of weird.”

He smiled. “Well we’re friends now, right?” You looked at him and there was a smile on his face hoping you were going to say yes and you nodded.

“Can I ask you something?” He looked up at you and nodded. “Why are you being so nice to me? I mean I’m glad that you are, but out of everyone here, why me?”

Woohyun slowly looked up. “Do you not like me hanging around you?” You shook your head. “I don’t mind that you hang out with me, it’s just weird and people don’t like to hang out with me.”

“Well, I like hanging out with you because you’re the only person I know, but not only that, you’re a very nice and sweet person. I know I don’t know you well yet, but the look on your face says it all. Just because other people here don’t hang out with you doesn’t mean I don’t like to, I enjoy eating here in peace with you.”

You smiled at his words. *It does feel kind of nice to have someone hang out with me.*

“So do you still want me to hang out with you?” He asked. Without thinking again, you nodded. “I knew that was going to be your answer. Then again, who doesn’t like to hang out with me.” You chuckled at his dorkiness. *I can tell that we’re already going to be good friends.*