New Neighbor

When It Rains

A/N: This is back into the past when you guys first meet!!!!

----------------------------------

The alarm went off and you rubbed your eyes. You looked at the clock and it was 10:30. *Crap. I have work in an hour.* You got up and headed to the bathroom to do your daily routine. You looked in the mirror and smiled.

*Today is going to be a good day.* You thought. After brushing your teeth you headed downstairs to make yourself something to eat. You turned the corner and a picture caught your eye. *Good morning daddy.* You picked up the picture and smiled at it.

After making something quick you went upstairs to dress in your uniform for work. You pulled out your white button up shirt and slipped it on. You grabbed your black skinny jeans and put it on also.

By the time you were done getting ready it was time for you to go. You fixed the bun on your head and then grabbed your bag and black converse and flew out the door.

You hopped onto the bus. *Whew just in time.* You sighed in relief. You put your headphones in your ear and listened to music on the way there. You looked outside at the view. You smiled and looked ahead.


When you arrived at work, you headed to the back to check in. “Hey Daeun.” One of your co-worker greeted. “Hi Minhee.” You cheerfully waved. “How was your morning?” She asked. “It was good. What about you?”

“It was okay. Hey! I’m going to to go eat out tonight. Wanna come with?” You looked up from putting your apron on. Barely anyone ever asked you to go and hang out, but Minhee was the one who always asked you because she was the only person who sort of knew about your life.

“Well...” She held her hands together and pouted. “Please. I’ll pay for everything. My other friends can’t go and you’re the only friend who never bails out on me.” She did her sad puppy eyes. *I hate it when she does this.*

“Fine. I’ll go.”

She immediately cheered up. “Thanks. We can head to your house so you and I can get ready because I already have my clothes and makeup in my bag.” You nodded and you both headed back to worth.


You walked to the back of the kitchen and grabbed your little notepad to take down customers orders. You hated talking to strangers but you eventually got use to it. You let out a little sigh and walked out to take orders.

-----------

Around 7 you and Minhee finished your shifts. You bowed to the head chef and went to hang your aprons on the wall. “What a tiring day.” You nodded in agreement. “Are you ready to go out and eat?”

You smiled and nodded. You went to the back and grabbed your belongings. Minhee followed you and you both hopped on a bus and headed to your house. You both caught up on things and talked about random topics.


Finally, you both arrived at your neighborhood. “Wow. It’s so quiet here.”

“Yeah it is. No one barely comes out.” You walked past the house where the new neighbors moved in. The door opened and someone walked out.

Woohyun stretched and smiled *It's already this dark out here?*

Minhee gasped and grabbed onto your arm. "Shh." You looked at saw a boy stretching. "Do you know him?" She asked and you shook your head. "I think they just moved here." Woohyun saw you guys and smiled. You didn't want to be rude so you smiled and nodded your head a little.

Minhee looked at him. "Hey, that's my cousin." She brightened up and walked over to the house. "Woohyun-ah!" He smiled and waved at Minhee.

"Wait Mihee-” But she was gone. You facepalm yourself.

“You scared me you know that?” Minhee lightly hit Woohyun’s arm. “Sorry. I was just coming out to get some fresh air after unpacking all day.” She chuckled and looked back at you.

“Oh. Come here.” She waved you over. "This is my friend Daeun, Daeun this is my cousin Nam Woohyun." You smiled and bowed your head.


"It's nice to meet you." You nodded. "It's nice to meet you too."

"You know, Daeun just lives next door." Minhee said. You jabbed her stomach with your elbow.. "What? It's true."

"You're the first friend I made since I moved here." He gave a big smile and you just smiled half heartedly. *Friend.* You thought.

"Well we're heading out so I'll see you later."

Woohyun nodded. "Okay. See you around Daeun."
"Yeah. See you around." You lightly smiled and walked to your house.

“Yah.” Woohyun yanked her over. “Does she not like me?” He asked desperately. Minhee shrugged. “I don’t know. She has a really hard time trusting people and doesn’t really like to meet new people.”

"Then why does she trust you?" He asked. "It took me forever to try to get her this close to me. So don't think that, it just takes time." He nodded and watched you open the door.

"Well I'll stop by tomorrow." He nodded. "Bye." They waved at each other and walked in their own directions. *That’s weird. I wonder why she’s like that?* He looked at your house and saw the light go on inside.

*Her house seems so quiet. Does she live alone?*


Minhee walked in and shut the door. “Are you okay? I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable. It’s just, I haven’t seen him in a long time.”

You chuckled. “It’s okay. He seems really nice.”

She smiled a little. “Okay well let’s get ready and go.” You nodded and began to get ready.