The Rain

When It Rains

It was a rainy Sunday morning. You looked at the clock and it was only 9:30. You got up and opened the curtain. *Rain, again?* You sighed and went to the bathroom. You looked at yourself in the mirror and tapped your face. *Today is going to be a slow day. Get a grip on yourself, Seo Daeun and don’t cry.*

The rain got louder and louder to the point where you can hear the rain hitting on the roof of your house. You looked up while brushing your teeth. *Why can’t it just stop?* You spit out the foam and rinsed your mouth.


You headed downstairs to get some breakfast. You got a bowl of cereal and sat on the couch to watch some TV. The rain began to slow down and you felt a little bit better. Your phone rang and you jumped a little. *Who the heck is calling me?* You put the bowl of cereal down and checked the caller ID. *Hoya oppa.*

“Hello?”

“Daeun? Are you up yet?”

“Yeah. Why? Are you coming over?”

“Yeah. I was going to come and pick you up so we can go shopping today.”

You chuckled. “I don’t like shopping with you though.”

“Wae? I don’t make you carry my bags.” He teased.

“It’s not that. You just buy me a whole bunch of expensive stuff.”

“Well that’s what a boyfriend does to his girlfriend, right?”

You smiled. “How about you just come here and we’ll watch netflix or something?” You asked, hoping he would say yes. But sadly, “But I want to go shopping.” He said in a kid voice.

You chuckled. “Fine. But only window shopping for me, araso?”

“Araso. I promise.” You chuckled. “What time will you be here?”

“I’ll be there in 30 minutes so get ready.”

You nodded. “Okay. See you later then.” You hung up the phone and went to put your bowl away. *Time to go get ready.* You jogged upstairs into your room.

You opened your closet and some of your shirts and jackets fell out. *Okay. I seriously need to clean all of this up soon.* You went to go pick up a shirt but a box caught your eye. It had a brown paper bag as the wrap and there were writings and drawings all over it.

*Hmm. What’s this?* You picked up and on the top it said,
Nam Woohyun <3 Seo Daeun.

Pain had hit you once again. With shaky hands, you opened the box. There were pictures flipped upside down and letters. You picked one up and read it.

Dear my beautiful princess,

Thank you for making this day the best day ever. I had a lot of fun with you. Remember that I will always be your favorite oppa, araso? I also had an amazing anniversary with you. I was bored and thought I should write a letter to you. Thank you so much for staying by side this whole time. I just wanted to let you know that you’re one of the most important person to me. I love you Seo Daeun.
Love, Woohyun :D


Tears fell down onto the paper and flashbacks of the night came to your head.

“Oppa. Wake up. Please.”

“Daeun-ah.”

“Oppa. Keep your eyes opened please. Don’t leave me. The ambulance is coming. Please,  you’re all that I have left. What am I suppose to do without you? Please don’t leave me alone.”

“Don’t worry I will never leave you
Daeun. I love you.”

You shut your eyes and cried. *You lied oppa. You lied.* You wiped the tears away and looked at the pictures. There were many pictures that you guys took with each other and of each other. Every picture had a memory behind it. You smiled at the pictures as the good memories came.


There was a picture of you and Woohyun doing the peace sign while winking. You chuckled. *Even though you’re not here anymore, you’ll always be in my heart.”

You looked at the clock. *Maybe I should go and get ready.* You put everything on your bed and began to look for clothes to wear. You just picked out something casual. A pair of skinny jeans, a hoodie and some sandals.

The doorbell rang and you looked at the clock. *Hoya oppa must be here.* You went downstairs and opened the door. It was Hoya.

“Are you ready yet?” You chuckled. “Yeah.” He chuckled and came in. “Why is it so cold down here?” He asked.

“Because I’m hardly ever down here so the heater isn’t on.” He chuckled. “You make it seem as if you live your life in your room.” You lightly pushed him. “That’s not true. I’m never down here because most of the time I’m with you.”

He followed you upstairs to your room. “Wait in my room. I need to do something really fast.” You headed downstairs and Hoya walked into your room.

It was clean but slightly messy too. *This girl is always so messy.* He went and sat on your bed. He saw the box, pictures and letters spread out on your bed. *What’s this?* He picked up the pictures and it was of you and Woohyun. His heart dropped a little. *Why does she still have all these?* He picked up another picture, but this time it was one of you, Woohyun and him. He smiled at the picture. *Now if I think about it, I really miss him too.*

Hoya flipped the picture over and read what you wrote on the back.


Seo Daeun, Nam Woohyun & Lee Howon = Best Friends Forever

*Daeun and I was always close. But not as close as Woohyun and Daeun was.* He remember the night that everything had happened.

He remembered you were so heartbroken, fragile and hurt. Hoya seriously thought that you would never feel better again. At the time you never opened up to anyone and always pretended to be happy so other’s wouldn’t worry about you. *You’re such a strong girl Daeun. If I was in your position I don’t know what would have happened to me.*

“Oppa.” You ran into your room and he quickly put the picture back and looked up. “Ready?” You asked. He nodded and got up. You grabbed your purse and hooked your arm through his. “Where too?” You asked.

“The mall. Where else?” He chuckled. “I was hoping somewhere cheap.” You chuckled. He pushed your head. “You’re cheap.” He teased. “Am not.”


“You’re silly.” You smiled and you both went downstairs. You went through your purse to find the house key. “Waeyo?”

“I think my keys are upstairs. You can go wait in the car first. I’ll be out after I lock the door.” He nodded and did as told. You ran upstairs and went to your desk to look for your keys. You looked at the pictures and smiled. *Bye oppa.* Then you ran out the door.