Morning!

The Singer Next Door

 

This isn't even 500 words, so I'll just make this a filler chapter because I have no idea on how to portray the actual plot of the audition. hElp
I'M SO SORRY but here's some DaeJae so forgive moi


It’s 6AM, and Youngjae hears a knock on his door.

“Youngjae,” he heard his brother call him, “wake up! Daehyun’s here.”

The other’s eyes widened. “IT’S SATURDAY! WHY IS HE HERE SO EARLY?”

As if on cue, Daehyun’s voice appeared out of nowhere, startling Youngjae even more than he already was and entered his room, “Singing partner, wake up~ We have to get ready!”

Youngjae groaned loudly, stretching his limbs out of his blanket and sat up. Eyes groggy, hair messy, he turns until both feet are hanging on one side of his bed and puts his slippers on.

“Don’t call me ‘singing partner’, just call me by the name I was given.”

“Chubby cheeks?” Daehyun giggled.

“HAHA you’re hilarious,” Youngjae replied monotonically, brushing past the other and entering his bathroom, “why are you here anyway?”

“Did you forget already?” Daehyun pouted as he walked over to the younger who was applying toothpaste to his toothbrush.

“Probably did, why would I ask you if I remembered?”

“It’s the partner audition today!” Daehyun smiled. “How could you forget??? It’s all I was talking about yesterday!”

“I didn’t even see you yesterday,” Youngjae spat the foam into the sink, washing his mouth and face afterwards.

“By any chance, was I turned away from you while you were talking?”

Daehyun thought about it. “I think so, why?”

“You were talking for no reason then,” the younger told him, “I was fast asleep.”

“But you were mumbling in reply!”

“I was told by Himchan hyung that I talked in my sleep.”

“Whether you talk in your sleep or not, the audition is still today at 4.” Daehyun said firmly, sticking out his tongue at the other.

“You’re such a child,” Youngjae laughed, walking out of the bathroom followed by Daehyun.

“Oh, am I?” The older walked in front of Youngjae and tackled him onto his bed, a soft “oomf” heard from the impact. Youngjae looked up, realizing how close they were.

“H-hey!” Youngjae made a weak attempt to push the other away, “Get off of m-me!”

Daehyun leaned in closer to the other’s ear, whispering lowly, “Do I seem like a child now?” he blew into the other’s ear. Youngjae squealed.

Daehyun pulled back enough to get a view of the other’s face, making Youngjae close his eyes tight. His cheeks are so pink… Daehyun thought.

“You like this, don’t you?”

“What?” Youngjae cracked an eye open, “N-no! Get off of me!” He wriggled out of the other’s hold, sprinting towards his closet and choosing the day’s outfit. Daehyun laughed heartedly, making Youngjae’s blush even deeper.