Crystal Clear.

The Singer Next Door

 

Another useless day of limitless frustration for Yoo Youngjae.

Being a janitor wasn’t fun at all, in everyone’s case. It’s just that the pay is good. This is what he always told himself all the time that helped him pull through. Which was difficult in Youngjae’s situation, since his boss is a literal pain in the and wouldn’t stop scolding him.

He unlocked his apartment door, getting inside quickly and locking it. He plopped down on his cushiony couch, wanting to sleep there already. But he thought a nice shower would’ve been nice since he was practically sweating the whole day.

Hanging his leather messenger bag on the rack, he quickly dashed to his bedroom, retrieving his needed clothing, and heading straight for the bathroom.

He quickly stripped, and the hot water. He went in, and stood right under the showerhead. He threw his head back, indulging in the feeling of his aching muscles relaxing to the pit-a-pat of the water gently making contact on his skin.

He grabbed his shampoo, and squirted some into his palm, and putting it straight to his scalp. He closes his eyes, trying to avoid the soap. He massaged his scalp for a long period of time, because earlier today he had a huge headache and rubbing his temples wasn’t making it in any way better.

He showers in peace, until something interrupts.

As Youngjae washes off the shampoo, he hears someone. Someone singing. On the opposite side of his wall.

“Someone new must’ve moved in,” he guessed, washing off all the foam on his hair, and grabbing the bar of soap.

The whole shower, he didn’t really pay any mind to the voice he was currently hearing. It was alright he thought, but he thought he could do better.

He decided to hum along, but after a few seconds of doing so, the singing stopped.

 

* * * * *

The next day, it wasn’t as bad as it was yesterday. But nevertheless was still stressful.

He didn’t get scolded by the boss, but instead got told off by some customers who thought he wasn’t doing his job the way he was supposed to.

Youngjae headed for the shower again. He needed to clear his head from everything that happened that day.

He headed toward his restroom, and opened the door, already being greeted with the same voice he had heard yesterday.

Youngjae would’ve called it annoying, but he couldn’t deny that the voice sounded very warm and welcoming in a way. He adored the voice. The way the lyrics were sung just as clear as a crystal, and the vibrato was absolutely divine.

The voice was rich and thick, with a bit of huskiness. It became something Youngjae would love to hear every day.

For the next few days, at the same time he’d get home from an annoying day at work, he’d look forward to the voice. He’d take extra long showers when the singing wasn’t occurring at the moment he got in. When it was, it would end when he just begins.

He needed to know who this heavenly voice belonged to, but he thought it was a little too soon.

Until one day.

 

 

 

It's really short now,
but I promise, it'll be better in the
next chappy!

- Emma