One

My Little Princess

“Jae…It’s midnight already.” Tall woman whispered wrapping her arms around Jaejoong, who was sitting in a chair, next to the hospital bed, almost asleep.
He turned to her.
She was really beautiful, with big eyes and plump lips. Her wavy maybe even a bit messy hair tickled him and he let out a soft but empty laugh.
It was obvious that he wasn’t really in the mood for laughing.
“Minah…” Jaejoong uttered.
“Do we really have to go?” he asked his wife,  as he shot her a concerning look.
He really did look tired. His dark circles were huge, and he was pale.
Minah nodded.
A tear fell down her cheek, and she bit her lip, not wanting to spill more tears.
She had to stay strong. For both Jaejoong and their daughter.

The nurse got in too.
She made a movement with her head signaling them that they’ll have to leave.
“Please, just a moment.” The couple muttered, almost in unison.
Jaejoong glanced at his daughter, his little angel, his princess.

“Appa?” little girl stared at Jaejoong, with a smile. It made him smile too. His little girl was so adorable.
“Yes Eunji?”
“I love you.” She beamed hugging her father’s leg.
She was so tiny comparing to Jaejoong.
“I love you too.” He picked her up, and started spinning in circles.
He placed Eunji on the couch and sat in front of her, just observing her.
She had his eyes, her mother’s nose and…Changmin’s smile? She sure looked like his ex – bandmate when she smiled.
Ah.
Tears came to his eyes. So much time passed since he saw them.
“Appa? What’s wrong?” little girl asked him as her smile faded.
“Everything’s fine. Appa just misses his…Brothers.”

“Uncle Junsu and uncle Yoochun?” Eunji asked another question, curiously, just like every other 4 year old child.
Jaejoong nodded. It wasn’t really a big lie, because he didn’t talk with these two for a few months. He didn’t have time.
Not wanting to think about it, he took a plushy cow and started playing with his daughter.
That day, he made a promise that he’ll always love and protect her. No matter what.


Seeing her like that, pale, and connected to all those machines was heartbreaking For a single moment he wanted to break all the machines, pull her into a hug, and cry, but that was impossible. She needed them to survive, even though there was a chance that she wouldn’t survive.

“Just two days Eunji. You can do it.” He whispered. His daughter probably didn’t hear it, but he felt better when he said that.

Minah bid goodbye to her, and they finally turned around and left the room.
Jaejoong held his wife’s hand, and she shivered at the contact. With him, she felt like the first day that they met.
“Everything’s going to be okay.” Minah said, but she didn’t sound believable. Jaejoong bit his lip. He wasn’t sure what’s going to happen, and all the worst things came to his mind.
As they got into the lobby two familiar faces waited for them.
Junsu was leaning on Yoochun, sleeping, while the other male was texting someone.

“Junsu, they’re here.”
The younger male woke up immediately. He saw Jaejoong and Minah holding hands, and he tripped, trying to run to them.
He pulled them into a hug.
“Let’s go and take a coffee.” Yoochun suggested. Those three agreed right away.
Before they even got to go out, Jaejoong noticed that Minah didn’t wear a jacket, so he took of his and gave it to his wife.
Minah, as stubborn as  she is refused, but Jaejoong insisted. They bickered a bit, but it was something that they did all the times.
They had those little fights just like brothers, and that thought made him smile a bit. Their relationship was something unexplainable, something simply magical.
The group consisting of 3 guys and a woman, finally got out and turned right, heading for Starbucks.
They passed a bench, with two guys sitting on it. Jaejoong couldn’t see their faces, but their figures looked awfully familiar to him. He wrapped his arm around his wife protectively.
“Jaejoong.” He heard a shaky voice which he recognized immediately.
He turned in his direction. He couldn’t even believe it.
“Yunho…Changmin…” he muttered, as tears came to his eyes once again, but he let them fall.
They were his brothers, whom he missed really much…His long lost brothers, he sometimes joked, but their disbandment hurt him like hell.
Yunho and Changmin came to them.

Even before he knew it Yunho pulled him into a hug and both males cried like babies.
Yoochun and Changmin didn’t even look at each other. They looked stiff.
Junsu wiped a single tear, and Minah smiled.
She waited for this day to happen. She knew that her other half was missing his friend Yunho so much. Jaejoong didn’t have to tell her that, she felt it.
Changmin reached out his hand to Jaejoong, so that they shake hands but Jaejoong ignored his hand, he unexpectedly pulled the taller male into a hug.  The younger guy told himself to push Jaejoong away, but he couldn’t. Like some force captured his body, he wrapped his arms around him, and he started sheding tears.

Jaejoong pulled away.
All six of them walked  to Starbucks, silently.
No one said a single word, but it wasn’t awkward at all. Jaejoong felt some warmth inside him.
They are finally together.
The Rising Gods of The East, Dong Bang Shin Ki, Tohoshiniki…Five stars, finally together.
“I’m really sorry for your daughter. I sincerely hope that she’ll be okay.” Yunho broke the silence, and Jaejoong felt like reality slapped him in the face.
His daughter is in the hospital. Eunji is in the hospital.
He took a deep breath.
“I hope so too.”

As they stepped into Starbucks, Jaejoong started to feel warmth again.
They took the table in the corner, ordered some coffee, and started chatting about random stuff. The plan was to keep Jaejoong’s and Minah’s mind off Eunji for as long as possible.
Jaejoong looked at Yoochun. He still looked a bit stiff, and angry but Jaejoong knew that he was glad to see those two.

Suddenly Minah’s phone rang.
Her ringtone was chorus of Purple Line and the guys automatically smiled.

“What?” Minah asked in disbelief.
She dropped her phone on the floor, making those few other guests look at her.

“Eun-Eun…Eunji…Had a heart attack. They’ll have to…To…Do the surgery immediately…” Minah mumbled,tears falling down her cheeks. She was literally crying waterfalls.
Jaejoong pulled his wife in an embrace, as he cried, for the second time that night.

“Let’s pray for the best.” Changmin said.