Twilight at the lake Tiffany's test

Hunter's Moon: Enforcers of light

 

“I suppose it does” Jessica said, “Tiff?”

“It seems you three are indeed qualified to serve S.M well” Tiffany said, looking at each Slayer in the eye. “But you three have been chosen to do more than the average Slayer, possibly more than the average Paladin”

The paladins were now facing the three slayers.

“Which means you must be tested far beyond the norm” Yuri continued, “with that in mind we developed three test, you have passed two”

“The easiest” Jessica pipped in, “it would have probably been better had you failed along the way”

Jessica’s words confused the three slayers, both Sunny, and Sooyoung glanced at Taeyeon with questioning eyes.

“what Jessi means is that this test will be the most dangerous” intervene Tiffany.

“I just went one on one with a Shade” Sooyoung smirked, clearly proud of her accomplishment. “I think I can handle it”

“If only it were as simple as combat” TIffany said, with great sadness in her wide chocolate eyes, “good luck Slayers I hope you survive”

Sooyoung crumpled to the ground, followed by Sunny, and Taeyeon.

“I wish I known they were actually going to do this” Tiffany whispered, “I wish I keep my mouth shut, and simply have given a physical task”

“Its not your fault” Jessica immediately tried to comfort her friend, “they are strong they’ll make it”
“I hope your right” Tiffany sighed, “let's take make them comfortable.

Sunny POV

“What the hell!!!” I turned left and right, “Where’s everyone”

“Sooyoung!!!”

“Taeyeon!”

‘where am I’


just seconds before I had been half listening to the Paladins, watching Sooyoung out the corner of my eye. Now I was standing in next to large lake, the sky turning dark.

‘where am I’ I thought to myself, leaning on a large oak tree next to the lake.

Out on the lake, I could make out a dark smudge, against the darkening sky, it looked like a barge or something like that.

“hey” I shouted waving my arms, “over here, help me”

A loud whoosh sounded over the barge, and a loud explosion exploited over the lake, painting the sky red.

the first firework was followed by another, and another.

Without conscious action, I found myself laying against the trunk of the oak tree, hugging my knees.

Flashes from the years I spend in Kuwait, while my parents fought against the Demons using the Gulf war as cover to attack unsuspecting soldiers. Arose in my mind. The explosions of bombs, the rat-a-tat of machine guns, the whup-whup-whup of helicopters. All followed by the screams of men, and women dying.

“sooyoung where are you?” I sobbed into my knees unable to face the fear I have carried for so long. My only comfort, the only one who had ever been able to help missing, I crumbled like a deck of cards, inside a wild tornado.

‘where are you Sooyounnie?’

Sooyoung POV

I looked around, and sighed.

I been walking for what seemed hours, after finding myself in a forest, for some reason.

grrrrrr

“shush” I said rubbing my poor tummy, “there’s gotta be food somewhere around here...”

it had been hours, and there seemed to be nothing edible anywhere, not a single berry, not even a freakin squirrel.

‘yup, looks like I’m hungry enough to eat a squirrel’

As much as I wished to find something to eat, food wasn’t the first thing on my mind.

More than anything I wished I could find my Sunny Bunny. I felt lost without her.

‘what’s wrong with me, of course I feel lost, I am lost!!’ I scolded myself.
the trees thinned out, and I arrived at the shore of a large lake. The sky was getting dark.

Fireworks began exploiting overhead.

Rather than enjoying the bright flashes of light, I found myself thinking of Sunny’s phobia of loud explosions.

It had been years since she had last been hit with a panic attack.

Back when they had first meet, Sunny would jump at the slightest of sounds. Over the years she had slowly gotten over her fear. Yet I still worried about the choding.

Taeyeon POV

‘where in the world am I?’

Looking around, I was inside a wooden room, given the rocking motion of the walls, I was in some sort of boat.

There were no doors or windows, just simple wooden walls.

‘Damn I gotta get out of here’

“alright let see” I said to myself, trying to keep my cool. “I still have Micha’el, three throwing stars, and my emergency supplies necklace”

‘I can do this, but first have to find a way out of here’
pacing the room, I found that it was a 10’ by 12’ foot room. There were no openings, the planks that made up the walls, were so well fitted that I could even slip the blade of a knife between them.

crinkle

A slight rustle brought my attention to the wall to my left. A large section of the wall, had melted into a clear glass screen.

‘what’s this?’ I asked myself.

From the newly formed window I could see across what seemed to be a lake, to an old oak tree, by the shore. A small smudge seemed to be lying by the tree trunk.

On the other Side a tall shape emerged from the folliage.

“Sooyoung!” I shouted, abanging my hands against the glass.

‘she can’t hear me’ I realized.

That’s fine anyway, just have to get out of here.

A sharp scream pierced the air, out of nowhere humanoid shapes appeared out of the foliage behind the lone oak. Even from a far it was easy to tell what they were the elongated limbs, the blood red eyes, and talon like hands. Vampires there was no doubt.

The same way there was no way to mistake those creatures for anything other than vampires, there was also no way for me to mistake that scream has belonging to anyone besides Sunny.

That was Sunny by the oak tree, that was sunny being sorrounded by Vampires, Sunny has a paralyzing phobia of vampires. She was simply hugging her knees, not doing anything to defend herself from the demonics beings. Fireworks continued to illuminate the twilight sky.

“Sunny” I was in shock, Sunny my friend was in danger and here I was simply watching from afar unable to move.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sooyoung running towards the vampires, with her sword Gavri’el, and her shield ready.

“Go Sooyoung help Sunny!!” I shouted, even do I was too far away for them to hear.

Sooyoung POV

“Bring it you Damned scum!!” I challenged the hordes of Campires Gathered between me, and my Sunny Bunny, “If a single one of you lay a finger on her, I swear I’ll...”

I let the threat go unfinished.

there seemed to be at least fifty Vampires out on the Shore of the lake, and more keep pouring out of the trees.

With A savage battle cry, I smashed into the sea of Vamps. Bashing the first with my shield, cutting down the next. just trying to get to Sunny.

I blocked A sword, deflecting the blade of my shield, while stabbing another vampire. There seemed to be no end to them.

blood poured freely from several cuts, all over my body, the Training clothes I had chosen to wear this morning were torn to shreds, barely recognizable.

“Out of my way!!” I scream while bashing one of the foul creatures across his face.

As he fell unconscious, I found my opening and managed to reach Sunny’s sobbing form.

“Sunny!!” My voice raw with relief, and emotion, “are you hurt? come on, we have to get out of here!”

“Sooyoung?” Sunny’s voice was barely a whisper, “you come, you really come for me?”

“of course I come” I answered, my voice tight, as I eyed the multitude of Demons that still surrounded us. They were holding back for some reason. “I’ll always be here for you silly”

'Because I Love you' I added in my mind.
!
A smiled flickered on her face, and she slowly stood up.

“Lets teach this idiots to fear our names!” Sunny Summoned her weapons, giving me that smile that made me fall for her.

‘I will confess to you Sunny Bunny, once we get out of here’ I promised myself, smiling back.

Taeyeon POV

Sunny, and Sooyoung were now side by side, fighting together. Vampires were falling left and right, the two slayers were simply unstable.

Until things went wrong. One of the Vamps, a single unimportant entity, managed to get past Sunny’s guard, with a single blow from behind, Sunny fell.

Time slowed as Sunny fell, blood escaping the constraints of her flesh, coating the sand red. Even as far away as I was, inside the barge, Sooyoung’s scream of raw emotion still reached my ears. Taking advantage of the situation another Vampire stabbed Sooyoung through the chest.

I watched has both of my friends, my comrades, died.

Screaming my throat out I attack the window, and the ceiling until I broke through to the top level of the barge. Stil crying, I looked out into the shore were almost a thousand vampires awaited.

my voiced slowly gave out, and my screams become silent. Without conscious thought I drew Micha’el, and poured everything ounce of hate, love, pain, and every other emotion inside of me into the Holy blade.

Slowly the sword began to vibrate, and glow.

“By the holy fire of creation, and by the will that shapes the universe, by everything that can ever define me” I began the forbidden technique, the one a Kim must never use unless their life is forfeit. At that moment I knew only two things the sharp agony of seeing my two sisters, in all but blood, die and the fact that I would not continue living without them. “I Kim Taeyeon, last member of the Kim clan, call upon the Archangel Micha’el to fulfill a single command!”

The sword in my hands glowed brighter, like a beacon in a dark night, blinding.

“Raa!!”

(A/N
Raa means raze)

In a single instant all the life force of Kim Taeyeon, combined with the power of the archangel. compressing into a single point, before expanding in the most explosive manner possible. The holy light exploted outward in a wave of destruction, every thing the light come into contact with desintegrated into nothingness. Leaving Taeyeon in a large empty crater, nothing was left every Vampire had been destroyed.

The silence was defeaning, the land now barren.

Taeyeon lost consciousness, with only a single though on her mind.

‘atleast I get to go with them now’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“She is awake” Jessica’s voiced called.

“where am I?” I asked disoriented.

“your home” Sunny said.

I gasped, and could only stare at her face.

“finally we been waiting for you” Sooyoung walked in to stand by Sunny. “now we can eat”

“B.but H.how” I asked, my voice shaking from relief, “the lake, the vam...”

“thats enough” Tiffany put two very soft fingers against my lips, “only you need to know what you saw, these two shared the experience”

she said pointing to Sunny, and Sooyoung.

“I will tell you the whys later, for now let it be enough that you have passed” Tiffany whispered next to me ear, I could feel her hot breath over my skin, making me shiver.

“I will hold you that” I whispered back, pleased by the shiver, that ran through her body.

“ahem” Sooyoung cleared loudly, “lets eat”

Everyone else was already sitting around the dinner table, of our small apartment.

Dinner was fun, proper non-battle related introductions were made. Turns out Yuri and Sooyoung go to the same gym. Jessica, Sunny, and Tiffany attended the same university, and we all loved to perform at the Hallyu wave karaoke bar.

“so what exactly did you three do to us” Sooyoung callously asked, while passing out lemon pie for dessert, “I get its supposed to be private, but at least tell us what it was”

Yuri looked at Tiffany, clearly wishing she could spill, Jessica wasn’t as open about her unwillingness to keep their new friends in the dark, but in the end they were in the same wavelength.

“alright I guess, we used psychic spiders” Tiffany said, while eating pie, “Sunny this is amazing, I may not be able to cook, but I can recognize delicious pie”

“what!?” Sunny asked, “The pie was on the fridge, I think Taeyeon made it, since Sooyoung can’t cook”

“its amazing” Pipped in Yuri, her eyes closed in bliss. “try it sica”

Even the ice queen seemed to swoon at the delicious treat.

“yeah, yeah” Sooyoung said annoyed, she had planned to keep that pie for herself, and was surprised Sunny, had found it hidden at the back of the fridge, “Taeyeon can cook, now what was that about spiders”

“don’t be like that Sooyoung” Yuri, slapped Sooyoung on her shoulder, “you get to eat her cooking everyday, let us enjoy this”

“yeah” Jessica joined in, “Tiffany isn’t allowed in the kitchen, Yuri,and I can’t cook”

“if it weren’t for that restaurant down the road” Tiffany said, flashing her best Eye smile, “we would have starved long ago, Taetae you must teach me how to make this”

awk

I almost shocked when she called me Taetae.


“Sure thing” finally answered after gulping down some milk, “anytime, now about those spiders”

"Right, its simply domisticated low level demons, they can trick the brain into creating realistic illusions" Tiffany explained, "you three got a new experimental model that causes the brain to dig into your deepest fears"

"Its really facinating" Yuri said, "all three are linked so the illusions combine all your greatest fears, and it can overall help a team become closer."

"Yah!!!" Sunny suddently shouted, "Sooyoung where do you think your going with the rest of that pie"

While Tiffany had been talking Sooyoung had snatched the rest of the pie, and tried to run off with it.

Everyone burst into laughter when Sooyoung come back, her face red.

"Shinkskin Soo!"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So there's another chapter. Test are out of the way, now I can add a few days of normal stuff, before their first joined mission. Also Sooyoung promised to confess (^.^) that ought to be fun.

P.S. has anyone else noticed how most stories have the main couple who have to overcome a bunch of obstacles, and stuff. Then there's the secondary couple that just has everything going for them, the support couple has I have dubbed them.

One last thing should this read like a fluffy romance for TaeNy, or a battle-lust adrenaline driven passionate kind of thing.

The second option has more space for m rated chapters (^o^)

~to love, loot, and TaeNy~