All I Want for Christmas; JongYu, G

Drabble Dump

Based on the song "All I want for Christmas is you" by Mariah Carey.

____________________________________________________________

Jinki just wished he could spend this Christmas as any other normal kid his age would. He wished he could spend it with his parents, seated all in front of the chimney with blankets and hot cocoa, waiting for midnight to arrive. But his parents were too busy. They seemed to no longer care.
"Jinki, Jinki where are you going?!" was the last thing he heard before slamming the front door and start running as if his life depended on it. He felt a little pang of guilt in his stomach because, after all, his nanny wasn't at fault.
He ran and ran until his legs gave and his throat hurt for breathing in the cold air. Sitting on a bench at some park and watching his warm breath float and disappear in the cold air; he regretted wearing just a light sweater.
Jinki felt lonelier than ever, he realized he was lost in a place where he knew really no one. He rubbed his nose with the back of his hand, shaking, but he no longer knew if it was because of the cold or the sobbing he couldn't stop anymore.
Someone he hadn't noticed sat beside him, Jinki didn't want to turn to look, he hid his face behind his auburn fringe. The person got closer, bending over to try to look at Jinki's face, and just then he noticed it was a kid something around his age.
"Aren't you cold?" was what he asked. Jinki couldn't help but turn towards the boy, startled by the rather obvious question. "Why are you out? Aren't you spending the holidays with your family?" the curious eyes kept asking, as this was all Jinki could see in the scarf-wrapped face. Jinki sobbed a few more times, staring at those big eyes.
"What- what about you?" Jinki decided to ask instead of answering. The boy sat straight again, shrugging a bit. He swung his feet back and forth, looking at the ground. Jinki looked at the ground too.
"You know" the boy spoke after a while "Christmas "
Jinki looked at him, turning his gaze down again after a few seconds. "Y-yeah"
"And you know what else?" the boy kept saying with renewed confidence "I'm leaving. I'm going to a place where Christmas doesn't exist so I don't have to hate winters because of it"
"But where?" There was a small silence.
"Does it really matter?"
"No, I guess not..."

"...So, seeing as we're both alone, wouldn't you like to escape with me?" the eyes smiled at Jinki. "I think everything will be all right as long as we're together"
Jinki looked at the boy, not really knowing what to say, even though the idea seemed kind of exciting. He wanted to go.
"So? What do you say?" the boy asked again, getting impatient.
"I guess it's all right..." he answered in a faint voice, but just as he finished speaking, the boy jumped off the bench and grabbed Jinki's hand, starting to pull him along.
Maybe that's all he needed. Someone he could spend some time with. He wished then they could spend a lot of Christmas together. He smiled as the boy eye-smiled at him again.

"Geez, you're freezing! You know... We better get you some winter clothes before going"

"By the way, I'm Jonghyun. You are?"
Jinki thought a little bit. Then he shrugged "Doesn't matter. Just call me Onew"