Seoul to London

A New Beginning *UPDATE*

-Six Months Ago-

Jihye: I can't believe you're really studying abroad.

Me: I know. I'm excited.

Jihye: Well I hope you stay safe and make sure you don't stay out too late.

Me: Yes mom.

Jihye: I'm just worried for my best friend.

Me: I know. I'll be fine and Cooper will be fine with you guys right?

Jihye: Definitely! Yoogeun is so happy he's staying with us.

Yoogeun: Super duper happy! Thanks for letting me take care of Cooper auntie Gaeul!

Me: No problem. Make sure you don't over feed him okay?

Yoogeun: Okay!

Me: Not so much treats too.

Yoogeun: Yes auntie Gaeul.

Jihye: Did he text you?

Me: No. Why would he?

Jihye: I don't know. To see you for the last time?

Me: Jihye, we're in the past now. I was his makeup artist for a short period of time and it was just work related. Nothing else.

Jihye: Yeah. Well, you should probably get going. Don't want to miss you flight.

Me: Yeah. I'll miss you guys.

Jihye: We'll miss you too. Don't forget to call us.

Me: I won't. Bye!

Jihye: Bye! Have fun!

-End of POV-

It's been about six months since I've started my abroad studies and here I am in London. It's so beautiful here and I've met so many wonderful friends here. Everything has been so well and I also forgot the life I had back in Seoul. I've had all these wonderful opportunities and projects here and there, I was definitely living the life I wanted to live for so long. Class ended a couple minutes ago and one my way back to the small apartment I rented before coming here. I didn't live far from the school I was attending and the walk wasn't long either. Everyone here either walked or drove.

*ding*

I stopped walking and took out my phone. I got a text from one of my friend Annie.

Continuing the walk to the apartment, I walked up the stairs to my floor which was the third floor and I'll admit it, it's tiring walking up those stairs but I'm also getting a workout in my daily routine as well, so it's not bad anymore. Getting out my keys, I unlocked the door and walked inside. Even though the suite was small, it was cozy and perfect for me. I have a spare room just in case one of my friends decide to spend the night at my house which is basically my other friend Olivia. She has boyfriend problems back at her apartment, so she tends to stay at my place for awhile. I could say her relationship with her boyfriend isn't healthy and I try to help her, but it seems she's too in love with him to see the "real" him. Setting my bag down, I sat down on the couch and closed my eyes. Before I could take a small nap before dinner, my phone rang. Getting up from the couch, I walked over to where I put my coat and fished out my phone. Jihye was video calling me and I immediately picked up.

Me: Hi Jihye!

Jihye: Gaeul!! How have you been?

Me: I've been great! London has been treating me so well! I made a lot of friends too.

Jihye: That's great! Have you gotten a boyfriend?

Me: No. I don't want a boyfriend. Especially if I'm gonna be travelling everywhere too. I'm not staying in London.

Jihye: Oh. Where else are you going?

Me: The next stop is Taiwan.

Jihye: Woah! I see you! You’re so lucky to be travelling everywhere. I wish I could travel too!

Me: But aren't you?

Jihye: No because I have to watch Yoogeun too. Minho is rarely home now. He's the one that's doing all the travelling. Whenever I can't travel with SHINee, they have someone replace me in the time being, so I guess you can say I'm just a temporary makeup artist for SHINee?

Me: Wow.. So how are you getting income then?

Jihye: From Minho. He's been busy with the company and everything. He's currently in Osaka wrapping up a business project and then he'll be home for a whole two months. I'm happy he's gonna be home soon. Yoogeun misses him a lot.

Me: I'm sure he does and I'm sure you miss him too.

Jihye: Of course!

Me: Right, isn't it night over there?

Jihye: Yeah.

Me: Shouldn't you be sleeping?

Jihye: Yeah, but I just wanted to check in on you and see how you're doing.

Me: Alright. I should let you go. I'm sure you're tired. I'm tired as well. I just got home from work.

Jihye: Alright. I'll talk to you later.

Me: Goodnight.

Jihye hung up the call and I sat down on one of the stools in the kitchen. I do miss living in Seoul and everyone there, but I also love living in London. I looked at the time and it was 3:20 PM. I have five hours to kill before dinner, so I headed out and bought some groceries. There's this little market, I enjoy going to whenever I need groceries or just small items because they have everything. Grabbing a basket, I went to every isle, finding whatever I needed to buy. I was never home most of the time I've been studying here. Half of my time was at work, the other half was at school studying with my friends and a quarter of my time was sleeping in the library because it was late or I simply just dozed off while studying. Sometimes the librarian would wake me up if I slept until the next morning to go home and wash up. There were times, I would be late to my class and I wouldn't have time to wash up or even go home because school was just right across the street. Walking up to the cashier, I waited in line and set my stuff aside. There's this boy who works in the market that would occasionally talk to me if I happen to stop by the market and sometime his coworkers would think I'm his girlfriend. He's cute, but like I said, I wasn't looking to be in a relationship nor long-term. I was in the register he was working at and waited. He saw me in the line and immediately his eyes sparkled. I was behind an elderly and waited patiently. Soon it was my turn and I waited until he told me my total.

Cashier: Hi there.

Me: Hey.

Cashier: Did you just get off work?

Me: Yeah, an hour ago. I had nothing else to do, so I came here.

Cashier: Ah, okay. How was your day?

Cashier #3: Ooh!! Joshua is with his "girlfriend"!

Joshua: She's not my girlfriend Jack! Sorry about that.

Me: It's fine.

Joshua: Your total is 15 pounds and 82 pence.

I gave him the money and he bagged my items. I left the market and went home. Putting the groceries I bought into the fridge, I sat down on the couch and looked at my watch.

*4:15*

Time was really going by slow and I didn't know what else to do now. Debating whether I should head to the pier and walk around for a bit or study. I had no homework and it was Friday too, so my whole weekend is pretty much empty. The art project was already finished and the deadline for it is next month, so that's already out of the way. My clothing piece for fashion class is already finished as well and basically all projects I had assigned to me was pretty much done. The only project that isn't finished is the group project with Annie and Oliver. Oliver just has to type and finish the presentation power-point which is his part, Annie and I already finished our portion of the project which was research, facts, history and photos. I decided to go to the pier to take some photos for photography class and update my portfolio. It's been awhile since I've used a professional camera and to be honest, it was just sitting on the counter collecting dust. Bringing my camera and the bag, I headed out again and took some photos on the way to the pier. I loved the neighborhood I chose to live in because I literally live in the middle of everywhere that every single place was just at least a five to ten minute walk. I took photos of elderly couples, birds, trees, flowers, the ocean view, the pier, seagulls, etc. After feeling satisfied, I took a small stroll and admire the breeze. It was now fall, but here in London felt like winter. It was always so gloomy and rainy. If we're lucky enough, we'd get a bit of sunlight. I looked at my watch and it was now 6:10. I head home and changed into new clothes, because once it hits nightfall, it gets even more colder. I didn't have to get ready so much because my wardrobe was basic colors, my hair was nice and makeup was still intact so I had another two hours to kill.

I the tv to see if there was anything interesting to watch.

*nothing but news channels*

I turned off the tv and grabbed my phone. Going on social media, I checked in with many of my friends to see how they are and such. I missed everyone and everything. I used to be able to go out and do so many things there, but here in London, not so much because whether you wanted to go out or not, it'll be raining. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things to do in London, but it's the rain that's stopping me from doing so. I was lucky enough I found a good paying job here.

*ding dong*

*who's that?*

I got up from the couch and opened the door. Annie was at my front door.

Me: You're here early.

Annie: What are you talking about? I'm here for dinner.

Me: Uh, what?

Annie: Why do you think I never sent you a text of the address. We're having dinner at your place.

Me: Why my place?

Annie: Because you live in the middle of everything. Plus I brought Korean BBQ! I remember how much you always talked about eating Korean BBQ and so I decided to make some for dinner. I'll let the expert teach me her ways.

Me: Who's the expert?

Annie: Are you sure you're okay Alice?

Me: Yes.

Annie: You're the expert. C'mon. Let's start cooking before the others get here.

Me: Okay? You could've texted me that dinner was at my place Annie. I would've cleaned up a bit or bought some groceries.

Annie: I wanted to surprise you.

Me: Surprise me? I even dressed up and ready to go out.

Annie: It's too cold to go out. We'll just cook and eat in.

Me: Sometimes I wonder how your brain works.

Annie: I could say the same for you.

Me: Let me go put my jacket away and I'll come back and help you.

Annie: Okay.

*미친 여자* (michin yeoja : crazy woman)

I went into my bedroom and put away my jacket and headed back out into the kitchen.

Me: What did you buy to make "Korean BBQ"

Annie: Uh, I bought vegetables, beef brisket, thinly slice pork belly, I couldn't find any intestines, but I found pork blood sausages and some soju. I bought original, peach and green apple.

Me: Did you do research?

Annie: Yes ma'am. Oh and I bought sauce to marinate the meat. Do you have a grill?

Me: Yeah. I brought it from home.

Annie: Good. Rice too?

Me: We don't need rice Annie.

Annie: Oh, okay. What do you want me to do Chef Kim.

Me: Can you wash the meat?

Annie: Yes Chef!

The whole night, everyone came one by one and we were laughing, eating, drinking away our stress as if it wasn't there. The others had never tried Korean BBQ before and this was their first time eating and drinking soju. Oliver got drunk within the first bottle and Annie was tipsy within the second bottle. The rest went home including Oliver. Annie slept over and I lent her the spare room, I have guest sleep in. Cleaning up and washing the dishes, it was now midnight. I was exhausted and ready to go to sleep. I quickly took a shower and went to bed.


Hi guys! It's Karrie! How am I doing? Let me know in the comments below! I would really like to hear your opinions. Bad or good, it'll help me improve a lot in whatever I am lacking! I've made a lot of changes for my previous stories I've written in the past and to make it easier and less details. I tend to add a little too much details and edited some details out. I still hope you guys enjoy it considering the minor changes I've made. It's been awhile since I've been on this account.. I'm more active on my other one working on other stories there that I abandoned this account. Well, I don't have much to say, so I'll just go edit some more! 안녕! 평양!