The New Job

A New Beginning *UPDATE*

I entered the building I was too familiar with, I knew who I was going to be working for. Someone's back looked all too familiar as well and he turned around. It was no other than Manager Bi.

Manager: It's nice to see you Gaeul. It's been awhile.

Me: Uh yeah .. I guess you could say that.

Jong Suk: You've gotten skinnier. 

Me: Yeah. This whole new diet thing I've been working on.

Jong Suk: *I know you're lying* That's great. 

Photographer: I see you've met your coordi-noona, she'll be your permanent coordi-noona. Don't be so picky Jong Suk. Be out in 20.

Jong Suk: Yes.

*What am I going to do?! I'm freaking out here! Act normal, it's just another day. Nothing special. Just do this like you've done it before. I mean you were a makeup artist for Taejun, so it should be normal.*

Me: Why don't you go sit down.

He nodded and I followed behind him. I grabbed my kit, and started working on my fidgety canvas.

Me: Would you stop moving so much.

Jong Suk: Sorry.

Me: Just relax.

I worked on my now stable canvas and finished. 

Me: There. Go put your clothes on. 

I turned around and put all my things together, but kept a few touch-ups in my pocket. Jong Suk was at his first photoshoot for the day and me of course, have to follow him everywhere he went. I'm now his permanent makeup artist. Ji Hye won't believe this.

-One Year Later-

Me: I'm so exhausted!

Ji Hye: About?

Me: Being a makeup artist!! It wasn't this hard when I was makeup artist for Taejun! Why is it so hard when working with an actor, but then again it isn't as bad as working with idols.

Ji Hye: Stop complaining! I like what you've done with the place. It's nicer than before.

Me: Well thank you. I had some help from professional interior designers.

Ji Hye: Really? Want to recommend me a few people? *wink*

Me: *laugh* Sure. I'll text their numbers to you.

Ji Hye: Yes ma'am. How much did all of this cost?

Me: Not a lot, really. They gave me a discount, so I paid 1k for everything. If they didn't give me a discount, I probably would've paid around 5k.

Ji Hye: Wow. You always got the hook ups girl. Are you still planning to study abroad?

Me: I don't know.. I mean I still want to, but with this job I don't know if I'll be able to even get to study abroad.

Ji Hye: Did you talk to the manager about it?

Me: Not yet, but since there hasn't been much going on I might talk to him tomorrow morning during the photoshoot.

Ji Hye: That's good. You should get this over with soon. You already signed up and everything. You're basically on the waiting list and you don't want to cancel at the last minute.

Me: Yeah I know.

Ji Hye: Are you taking the rest of the day off tomorrow?

Me: I have to. It's my mom's death anniversary.

Ji Hye: That's good. Mind if I come? I do miss her.

Me: Sure. You're not busy tomorrow?

Ji Hye: No. Minho will be at work and Yoogeun will be at daycare, so it'll be fine.

Me: How is Yoogeun?

Ji Hye: He's great actually. He's been learning a lot at daycare. Minho and I might consider enroll him in kindergarten next year.

Me: That's great! I haven't seen the little booger in awhile.

Ji Hye: He talks about visiting you everyday. Mainly Cooper.

Me: Of course. He loves Coop.

Ji Hye: He's been asking us if we can adopt a dog as well, but with both of our busy schedules, we can't keep a dog. I always hate to disappoint him every time he ask.

Me: Aw, well he's always welcome to come and play with Cooper. Sometimes I get to busy with my schedule I don't have time to play with Cooper and whenever I do, I'm always tired.

Ji Hye: I'll make sure to let him know that.

Ever since we all graduated from high school, Ji Hye and I were the ones who really kept in contact. The girls never really kept in contact with each other which is fine because they made my senior year the best and I couldn't ask for better friends. Senior year was my breaking point as well, but that's all in the past now. It's time to think of the future. I mean who knows, maybe we'll all meet up and do one more girls night. I sure do miss my teen years. Arriving at the designation, I parked my car and headed inside. There was so many fans waiting at the entrance just waiting for the doors to open so they can rush inside to be seated. Greeting security, I rushed to the room and started on Jong Suk's makeup.

Jong Suk: You're late.

Me: Sorry. There was a minor accident on the freeway and I was talking to Ji Hye as well.

Jong Suk: It's fine. Just don't let it happen again.

I just nodded and started on his makeup. Ever since he's been a rising star he's been so annoying lately. I get that he's my boss and all, but he doesn't have to be so rude towards me.

*sigh*

Me: I'm done. Go change and I'll start on your hair.

He nodded and I set the makeup aside and grabbed some hair styling tools.

-Hours Later-

I finally got home and was greeted by my favorite company in the whole world. I put some puppy chow in Cooper's bowl and some water next to his food bowl. I went to my fridge and opened it to see if there was anything I wanted to grub on. *sigh* I need to go grocery shopping soon. Running out of food to eat. I grabbed some ramyun from my cabinet and grabbed a small pot with some water inside. While waiting for the water to start boiling I took off my shoes and slipped into my slippers and took off my purse and gently put it on my little dinner table. Walking back into the kitchen, the water started boiling and I put in all the ramyun stuff and added a few extra stuff to make it even more delicious. Smelling the bowl was very satisfying and started eating. After I was done, I put my bowl in the sink and started washing my dishes before washing up for bed. Finally finished with washing my dishes, I walked over to my bedroom and grabbing my pjs and a towel, I walked inside my bathroom and closed the door so Cooper won't come inside.

-15 Minutes Later-

I got out of the shower and into my pjs. Walking out, I put my dirty clothes in the bin and went to the living room to watch a bit of tv before sleeping. Catching up on some of my favorite Korean drama She Was Pretty and D-Day. I've been in love with those dramas lately it's crazy. 

*buzz buzz*

I grabbed my phone and unlocked it revealing a text from Manager. 

*Great..*

I dislike photoshoots because of all the makeup, hair and clothing changes it's very exhausting. I turned off the tv and headed to bed. I'll finish the rest tomorrow when I come home. Cooper quickly followed behind and jumped on his bed next to mine and got comfortable.

*sigh*

I turned off the locked up my apartment before bed and checked if everything was unplugged and locked. I turned off the lights and headed to bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

-Next Morning-

*beep beep beep*

I turned off my alarm and got out of bed. Groggily getting up, I headed to the bathroom to wash up and get ready for the day. Waking up at 5AM is not so nice. I barely got any sleep. After washing up, I walked back to my bedroom and changed into new clothes, fixed my hair and put on a little bit of makeup.

original.png

I walked to the kitchen and put some puppy chow in Cooper's food bowl and refilled his water bowl. I grabbed my phone while grabbing some bread and putting it inside the toaster. I called Ji Hye if she can watch Cooper for me while I'm gone for the day. 

Ji Hye: Hey.

Me: Hi. Are you busy today?

Ji Hye: No. I have today off.

Me: Do you mind dog sitting Cooper for me?

Ji Hye: This early?

Me: Don't get me started. I don't know how long the schedule is for, but I'll text you. Yoogeun can come over with you too. You know he gets along well with Cooper. They're practically best friends.

Ji Hye: *chuckles* Sure. Yoogeun is still sleeping though.

Me: And you're not?

Ji Hye: You know I go out for morning jogs around this time.

Me: I know. How fast can you get here?

Ji Hye: Hm.. How about around 6:20?

Me: Alright. I'll see you then.

Ji Hye hung up and I ate my toast long with some jam and milk. Sitting down on the couch, I the tv and finished my dramas I recorded from yesterday.

-6:10 AM-

*ding dong*

I got up from the couch and walked over to the door. Looking at the peephole, I opened the door and was greeted with a big huge from Yoogeun.

Me: Morning to you too.

Yoogeun: Where's Cooper?

Me: He's still sleeping.

Yoogeun: Okay. Can I wake him up?

Me: Go right ahead! He's in m-

Yoogeun: Your bedroom.

Me: Thanks for coming by so early.

Ji Hye: It's no problem.

Me: You came by earlier than I expected.

Ji Hye: Yoogeun was up already when I got home. I came home to find him eating cereal at the table.

Me: Wow. 

Ji Hye: Yeah I know. Well you should get going.

Me: Oh right! See you all later!

Ji Hye: Have a nice day!

Me: I will.

I left the apartment and got into my car. I my GPS and pinned down the address of where the shoot was held at.

-6:45 AM-

I greeted the security at the door and showed him my badge. He nodded and I quickly went inside and greeted everyone on the way to Jong Suk's dressing room.

*opens door revealing topless Jong Suk*

Me: Oops! Sorry! I should've knocked first.

Jong Suk: It's fine. This isn't the first.

*Why did he have to bring up our past so randomly?*

I walked in, not making eye contact with him and just set up my table in front of the mirror and waited for him to put on his clothes. He walked towards me and sat down in front of me. The manager also gave me a list of what each concept would be and how the makeup should look. They were all natural looks, so I didn't have to struggle so much to do smoky eye looks or soft brown looks. I finished within 10 minutes and then started on his hair. He didn't have to change because he was already in the clothes for the first concept.

Me: Alright. I'm done.

We walked out of the dressing room and out into the setting where the shoot would take place at and I went to go stand next to the manager. 

Photographer: Are you ready?

Jong Suk: Yes!

Photographer: Okay! Music!

We've been with this photographer for quite awhile now and he always listens to music when he's working. It helps him focus I guess. Manager Bi told me the rest of the schedule for today and I texted Ji Hye that I won't be home until 6:30 PM and she texted back with an okay. We just watched Jong Suk pose and do all kinds of stuff. This photoshoot is for CeCi and I never knew Jong Suk was a natural. He never told me about the modeling career until I became his makeup artist. 

Me: Are those tattoos real?

Manager Bi: No. We have a special tattoo artist come by earlier to work on it.

Me: Ooh. 

Manager Bi: How have you been? I feel like we haven't had a normal conversation in awhile.

Me: I've been doing good.

Manager Bi: That's good. Have you found another spouse?

Me: No, but I found a puppy. Seemed like it suits me more than a spouse.

Manager Bi: Really? What breed is it?

Me: He's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Do you want to see a photo?

Manager Bi: Sure.

corgi-puppy-6.jpg

Manager Bi: He is a charmer. When did you get him?

Me: I got him two months ago. Well I found him wandering outside and he just sort of followed me home, so I fed him and I just felt like I should keep him.

Manager Bi: Really? Seems you haven’t changed at all.

Me: How have you been? I see a ring on your finger.

Manager Bi: I got engaged last year.

Me: No invite?

Manager Bi: Wedding is next month.

Me: I'll clear my schedule. Well you'll clear my schedule. *laugh* When is it?

Manager Bi: November 14th.

Me: What day is that?

Manager Bi: It's on a Saturday. I was wondering about something. My soon-to-be wife needs someone to do her makeup and I've seen you skills, would you like to do her makeup for this special day?

Me: I'd be honor to do your wife's makeup. I'll make her look beautiful and stunning! 

Manager Bi: Thanks. I'll let her know.

Photographer: Okay. That's a wrap! Nice job Jong Suk! Nice working with you again.

Jong Suk: No problem. You've worked hard.

Manager Bi: On with the next schedule.

Me: Okay, I'll go pack up.

Manager Bi: Okay.

I walked back into the dressing room and started packing away my stuff and closed everything. I made sure everything was thrown away in the bin and nothing was left behind. Opening the door, I set my makeup box down and turned off the lights. Closing the door behind me, I saw a pair of feet in front of me.

Jong Suk: Need help?

Me: Uh, I'm okay. You should head out to the van.

Jong Suk: I'm actually going to be going with you.

Me: Oh! Uh, okay.

We both walked out of the studio and into my car. Opening the trunk, I set the makeup box and styling tool box inside and closed it. Getting in the car, I started the engine and my GPS. Typing in the address for the next location, I started driving. It felt a little awkward being in the car with him. I haven't talked to him on a personal level for awhile now and I just don't know what to say to him.

Jong Suk: How have you been doing?

Me: I've been doing good.

Jong Suk: That's good.

It got quiet again. I felt that we both could feel the awkwardness going on in the car, but none of us wanting to confront about it, so the ride to the next location was quiet. We arrived to the location, but I drove around back to the staff parking lot and parked my car.

Me: You should probably head on inside first.

Jong Suk: Okay.

He opened the door and left my car. As soon as I saw him walk inside, I finally breathed out the breathe I was holding in the whole ride here. I don't know why he wanted to ride with me. I got out of the car and opened the trunk. Grabbing the makeup and styling boxes, I closed it and locked my door. Holding my badge up to the scanner, the doors opened and I walked towards his dressing room. Opening the door, I was met with so many people inside. I just squeezed myself and these two boxes over to Jong Suk and started on his makeup and hair. He was listening to music on his phone with earphones in his ear. I quickly finished his makeup and hair. I sat down on the small chair next to him and just played on my phone.

*knock knock*

The manager came inside and told the both of us to come out and be on standby. I grabbed my makeup apron and walked behind these two tall men. We were at Music Bank and he was the special guest MC. The manager gave him his script and he started reading it, memorizing his lines and finding the right voice for his role. I sat down by the other staff and just sat there. There was so many staffs running around trying to fix or start everything. Idols were rehearsing their performances, MCs practicing their lines, managers everywhere and just hectic. The performances were amazing for just rehearsing. I bet the actual performance would be even more amazing.

-After Music Bank-

Everyone packed up to go home and I was left behind, cleaning after everyone who didn't clean up their stations. I felt as if I was the last person in this big building, but I'm sure I wasn't. Just in the dressing room, I was the last person. After checking and making sure everything was in its place and clean, I grabbed my stuff and left the room. Turning off the lights, I closed the door behind me and exit the building. It was finally time for me to go home and I couldn't wait to plop my body on the bed. Walking out to my car, I opened the trunk and put my boxes inside. Driving home, I turned up the radio and listen to music while on the way home.

-Home-

I opened the door and Cooper came rushing towards me and I was greeted by Cooper and Yoogeun chaser after him.

Ji Hye: Be careful Yoogeun! 

Me: Hi guys. Sorry for coming home late. I had to clean up. Did you guys have dinner yet?

Ji Hye: No, we were waiting for you.

Me: You guys shouldn't have waited up for me.

Ji Hye: Well Cooper had dinner already. We can order take-out.

Me: Alright.

Ji Hye: I've already ordered the food, so it should be here any minute.

Me: Oh! Well then, okay. Let me just go put my stuff away.

I closed the door behind me and walked towards my bedroom. Setting the stuff away, I hung my purse behind my door and charged my phone. Walking out, the doorbell rang and our food was here. I was starving and couldn't wait to dig in. Jihye ordered our favorite take-out and we all ate at the dining table. After eating, Jihye and Yoogeun left home and I went to sleep with Cooper following behind me and into his bed.

Me: Goodnight Cooper.

He did a small howl and got comfortable.


Hi guys! It's Karrie! How am I doing? Let me know in the comments below! I would really like to hear your opinions. Bad or good, it'll help me improve a lot in whatever I am lacking! I've made a lot of changes for my previous stories I've written in the past and to make it easier and less details. I tend to add a little too much details and edited some details out. I still hope you guys enjoy it considering the minor changes I've made. It's been awhile since I've been on this account.. I'm more active on my other one working on other stories there that I abandoned this account. Well, I don't have much to say, so I'll just go edit some more! 안녕! 평양!