Discoveries - Part 2

Who Am I

Amazingly, Joonmyeon's van could carry up to 15 people , so the dozen of males weren't crowded at all.

    "Be cautious with it guys.", advised Luhan.

    "Relax, Lulu. ", joked Minseok as he ruffled his hair. "We got this."

    "Alright.", he agreed.

    As Joonmyeon drove the way home while everyone else was asleep, Zitao began to speak to him.

    "Leader, what are we going to do when we get to your house?", he asked.

    "We're going to observe what we found. Alos, why are all of you caling me 'leader' all of a sudden?", the 'leader' asked curiously.

    "That's what you are, aren't you?", he asked matter-of-factly.

    "Yeah, but I'm not the only leader. There's Yifan too. It's been like that for years."

    "Yes, but he's not a leader like you. Even he said so himself. You're always organized and prepared. Watch, you're going to lead a country one day, I can feel it." , he said thoughtfully.

    "Stop joking around, Zitao.", he laughed.

    "I'm not, hyung. You really are a great leader.", he complimented.

    "Thanks.", smiled Joonmyeon.

    "No problem.", he smiled back.

    After about 45 minutes, the got to his - well, his parents' house. They weren't home, since they usually got home at about 8:00 PM.

    All twelve of the gang hiked up the two sets of stairs to the attic.

    As they opened the door, they were met with a spacious room that had a small window that poured in a small bit of sunlight, the smell of old wood, and a large assortment of old things that clearly hadn't been touched for an extended period of time.

    "Is this why we brought it here? To let it collect dust like all of the other junk up here?", asked Jongdae.

    "No. ", he responded. "I asked you guys to bring it up here so no one would find out about it. Also, don't call it junk. There could potentially be some things of value in this attic.", he chided lightly.

    "Sorry. Hey, can we look at the trinkets one more time though? I didn't get a good look at them in the dark.", he explained.

    "I suppose so. Just be careful.", the leader warned.

    They took out the keepsakes and gazed at them once again.

    "Wow. They look 10 times as beautiful now that the sun's shining on them." , said Yixing as he brought his trinket to the window's light.

    "Whoa! Guys look!" Luhan exclaimed.

    "What?" , asked Baekhyun.

    "Look at these stones. Take a look at the symbols on them. They correspond directly with the symbols on the relics ."

    They checked them and he was correct.

    "Ah, that's true. Nice observation, Luhan.", praised Yifan.

    "Thanks. Also, this artifact has my name, but it's written in Chinese, not Korean.", he continued.

    "Really? Let me see.", said Yifan.

   He handed it to him. It was a silver locket. But, it wasn't a feminine locket. Instead of having a heart on the silver chain as a girl's locket would, it was a book instead. When the book was opened, a small message was inside that Yifan read.

    "To the one with divine willpower, Luhan.", he read. Luckily, the men all knew and spoke Korean and Chinese, along with being proficient in reading Hanja, so they could understand one another's messages that their items read.

    "Interesting. But, why would it be in Chinese? ", thought Kyungsoo out loud.

    "Maybe because I'm Chinese.", Luhan guessed.

    "But how would that have your name and your native language? That's not normal..", said Chanyeol.

    "Everyone, check your artifacts. See what they're written in.", Joonmyeon ordered.

    "Mine's Korean.", said Baekhyun.

    "Same.",replied Chanyeol.

    "I know mine is.", Joonmyeon stated.

    "I think all of ours are in Korean, excluding Luhan.", drawled Sehun.

    "Not exactly. I have Chinese written on mine too.", said Zitao about his watch.

    "What's it say?", wondered Jongin.

    "'To the master of time, Tao.", he read out loud.

    "Hm. Anyone else?" Yifan asked.

    "I do. My small medicine box says, 'To the healer, Lay'. I'm obviously not Lay. That's weird..", spoke Yixing.

    "You know what else is weird? Mine.", said Minseok. "It says, 'To the one who controls frost, Xiumin.' That's not my name. Plus, it's written in Chinese, but I'm Korean."

    "Same here!  Mine says " To the harbinger of lightning, Chen." How do you get from Jongdae to Chen? Weird...", Jongdae said.

    "How about you ,Yifan?", wondered Jongin.

    "Mine was, "To the strong dragon, Yifan." "What's yours?"

    " 'To the powerful teleporter, Kai.' I don't even know what that means..."

    "I don't think that any of us know what this means." , Zitao stated.

    "The question is, do we want to know? I mean, this is kinda weird..", said Sehun, concerned.

    It would be a lie to say that  Joonmyeon wasn't scared at that time. In reality, he was actually was creeped out a bit. Who wouldn't be? After all, how many people do you know who randomly finds stones and artifacts that relate to him or her? But, either way, he knew that he had to keep a cool and rational head for him and his friends. So, he gave them a small pep talk.

    "It's alright guys, don't worry. We stumbled upon these items for a reason, right? So, even if we don't know what that reason is, let's try not to jump to any odd conclusions. In the meantime, let's clean out this attic to see what I do and don't want to take to my new apartment." , he declared.

    So, the ensemble of twelve did just that. After about an hour, their energy began to fade away.

    "How much longer do we have to do this hyung? This is boring...", complained Baekhyun.

    "Only about an hour. We should be done  and you all can go home by then.", he responded.

    Actually, that didn't exactly go as planned. In fact, nothing did that night. Unbeknownst to them, a truly spectacular event would take place and it would change them forever. But, until then, they normally went about their business and lived their lives. Or at least what they thought were their lives....

 

                                                                                                FYI

 There may be some confusion with Jongdae and Minseok about why they had Chinese on their artifacts as opposed to Korean. There also may be about how all of EXO got together. Read this brief summary of their lives below to understand why.

 

 

Background: Minseok and Jongdae lived in South Korea with their parents.  Both of their fathers are business partners, and they both recieved very important positions in China. So, at the ages of 5 and 7, they moved to Guangzhou, where they met Yifan at their grade school. Later, on, Yifan met Zitao , Luhan, and Yixing at his high school, which was where Jongdae and Minseok attended also. After that, the six of them became friends and chose Yifan as their leader, due to his overall protective and wise personality.  After their friendship of nine years, both of Minseok's and Jongdae's fathers' contracts were finished. So, they moved back to South Korea, but in a different area.  It was in that area where Minseok and Jongdae met the other half on EXO which included Joonmyeon, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun, and Baekhyun. Then, They became friends with the full korean half of EXO. :) A year later, the four Chinese members of EXO came to South Korea to build their careers in dancing, translating, and martial arts. Coincidentally, the four (Yifan, Zitao, Yixing and Luhan) moved to the same area where the rest of EXO was located. One day,by fate, they all found each other at the Incheon Mall and the rest was history. :)

Note: Although Minseok and Jongdae are Korean, they're still considered as part of the Chinese half of EXO since they lived there longer. :)

 Stay tuned for the next chapter! Thanks for reading!! :)