Discoveries- Part 1

Who Am I

It all started on April 6th.

All 12 of the men were at Seamist Beach enjoying themselves in the water and sand during the early afternoon. Joonmyeon had went to that beach ever since he was a child. The man felt happy and at peace with the world when he was there. Although Seamist Beach was very familiar to him, he had never seen the full beach and neither had his  friends. So, the friends suggested that they all would go on an expedition and discover the beach in its entirety.

A couple of hours later after exploring, he found something in the sea. It was sparkling in the sun as it washed up onto the beach and Joonmyeon ran over and picked it up to see what it was. As he dusted off the sand, he realized that it was a beautiful compass. On the back of it, it had this message: "To our wonderful son, Suho. Your 1st birth gift is this compass to make sure that you will never lose your way in life. Love your parents."

 At first he was confused. Whose was this? Why would it be there? How'd it get there? The inquisitive male kept wondering in his mind until a certain someone broke my thoughts.

   "Yah! What'd you find?", asked Kyungsoo, running up behind him.

    "I found this compass. It looks like somebody lost it.", he replied.

    'Wow! This is really nice hyung! But it looks... outdated. Where'd you find it?"

    "It was here when I saw it wash up on the beach.", he stated, pointing to the spot in the sand where he found it.

    "Hmm. That's odd. I wonder who would throw it in the-"

    "Hey everyone! Check this out!", called Luhan. He was in a nearby cave with Sehun.

Since the twelve of them were all relatively close, they managed to hear his voice as the dozen of men gathered around the entrance to the cave.

    "What is it?", asked Chanyeol.

    "Come inside hyungs. You have to see this.", Sehun said jovially as his mouth replaced his attempted 's' sounds with 'th's.

 Joonmyeon softly chuckled at his friend's strong lisp and followed behind him as he led the way. Even though it was the middle of the afternoon, it was still damp and dark inside. To alleviate this, Luhan a flashlight and handed two more to Sehun in case the batteries ran out or more were needed.

    "Eww. It's so filthy in here... What're we here for?", complained Jongdae.

    "Jongdae, stop whining. Zitao's acting more mature than you and he's the maknae.", Yifan spoke bluntly.

 . "To answer your question, we are here for this.", declared Sehun as they reached a dead end. The suppossed wonder before them was an old, battered chest dug up from the sand. Joonmyeon wondered what it was doing there. More importantly, he was curious of the contents of the case. His friends must've been as well, since one of them asked.

    "What's in there?", inquired Minseok.

    "See for yourself.", Luhan winked as he opened the trunk.

  All twenty-four of their bewildered eyes widened in amazement as the treasure was unveiled. In the interior of the chest were twelve stones, each engraved with its own unique emblem. There were also eleven other artifacts that were similar to my own that I found. Carefully, the men picked them up and studied them individually. To see them better, Sehun used Luhan's two extra flashlights.

    'Wahh~. These are so precious and gorgeous!", marveled Yixing. And they were. In fact, they were all made out of gold with expensive gems. There was a variety of them, including a watch, a small medicine box, and some jewelry as well.

    "These are really nice, hyung. Can we keep them?", Jongin asked me.

The leader contemplated the idea for a moment. In theory, he guessed they could have if they wished. After all, no one was guarding the items.

    "Wait. We can't." stated Baekhyun. "These all have names on them. All of these obviously belong to a group of people. What if they're searching for them?"

    "Aw, come on, Baekkie. These keepsakes look like my great-great-grandfather would've had them. If you think about it logically, anyone who owned these are probably dead by now." , reasoned Chanyeol.

    "Hmm. true. Plus, I didnt see any names on them, hyung.", said Sehun.

    "No, he's actually right about that part. Look, this one has your name on it.", said Yifan handing him a ring.

    "To the one that controls the wind, Sehun.", he read aloud. It was a silver ring with the words etched in gray and a symbol with it.

    "Hold on. I've never seen a ring like this before. There has to be another Sehun somewhere because this isn't mine and I don't control anything."

    "Maybe it is.", Chanyeol spoke. "Look. I have a ring with my name.", he said. He displayed a gold ring with his birthstone and his name carved in red along with another unfamiliar symbol.

    "To the one that controls the fire phoenix, Chanyeol." , read Zitao.

    "Yeah, but that's written in Hanja. It had to be from a long time ago because I don't think many people use Hanja in South Korea anymore. If anywhere, it's more used in China and Japan.", observed Luhan.

    "Well, what should we do, leader?", Yifan asked Joonmyeon.

    "Me? Why me? Why not you? You're a leader as well." , he pointed out.

    "Well, I may be well suited for being the spokesperson for all of us and making a few decisions, but it's you who is the most logical and the most capable of knowing what to do in situations like this.", explained Yifan.

    "I see. Thanks.", he smiled.

    "No problem. Now, what're we going to do with this?", he reiterated.

    "Ah, yes. Since no one wants to get it officially inspected, I suppose we'll take it to the place with the most space, which would be my house."

    "Don't you mean your parents' house?", snickered Minseok. Everyone laughed at an embarrassed and blushing Joonmyeon. He lived with his parents at the time, and never heard the end of it from his friends, since everyone else had their own apartments.

    "Shut up, Minseok.", he retorted harshly, despite the fact that he was older than him.

   "Haha! It looks like I made you upset.", the oldest of the group teased as he poked at his sides.

    "No you didn't. ", Joonmyeon lied, swatting the bully's hand away. "Besides, it doesn't matter since I'm moving next week anyway.", he stated nonchalantly.

    "Yeah, I guess you're right.", Minseok shrugged.

    "So, do you guys want to bring them now?", Joonmyeon asked.

    "Right now? But we just got here!", fussed Kyungsoo.

    "Um, hyung? You may want to check your watch.", suggested Sehun, smiling.

    He took the youngest one's advice and took a glace at his cheap, plastic wristwatch.  "Wow! 4:25 already? I didn't know that we were here for so long... I guess that time flies when you're discovering treasure.", he chuckled.

    "Well then, I guess we're done here." , concluded Yifan. "Let's pack it up and go home!"