The New Girl

With A Smile

      Jaejoong went straight to their favorite spot in the cafeteria, the balcony. He didn't bother going to his class because he was so late already. He missed 2 classes already and it's because of that unsmiling girl he met this morning. He scratched his head in wonder why the girl don't seem to be charmed with his handsome smile. Wae? Why are you unmoved when I smiled at you with all my heart? He thought. Someone behind him hit him in the head. "Awwww!" He yelled. Without turning around he knows it is his friend, Changmin, with Yunho.

       "Where have you been?" Changmin asked.

       "Just somewhere over the rainbow where girls can see and adore me." Jaejoong said without meaning to it. Whenever Changmin asked him where he have been he will always reply the same sentence. He then grinned at Changmin.

       "You overslept?" Yunho asked as he put his tray of food on the table.

       "Ani." Jaejoong said. "But I met this little girl and I've caused trouble on her..."

       "And you smiled and then she said in a syruppy voice that It's alright oppa, you don't have to worry." Changmin said while picking some chips on Yunho's plate trying to continue Jaejoong's story.

       "Ani." Jaejoong said. "I smiled at her and she told me that I smile like an idiot!" Yunho and Changmin who are both eating choked on his reply. "I am not joking! She told me I look like an idiot!"

       "An idiot!" Yunho repeated then started laughing. "Wahahahaha!" Changmin joined him in his laughing and both of them have tears in their eyes already when they stopped. "You met your match there!"

       "Didn't I told you?" Changmin said. "You'll meet a girl that won't find that smile of yours pretty at all! I thought that would be Sunkyu but I guess I'm wrong!"

       "Everyone would go crazy when I smile at them," Jaejoong said. "But what's with her? She's a girl who wouldn't smile."

       "I love this," Changmin said. "I really hate it whenever you go around showing that smile of yours."

       "Don't you find it handsome?" Yunho teased Changmin.

       "Handsome?" Changmin asked. "I would say yes if only girls are falling for him but for him to use it to the male population as well that is ARRRGGH!"

       "Wae?" Jaejoong asked. "That's my super power why are you so annoyed?"

       "Last month!" Changmin said. "You violated the traffic law but got away from it when you smiled at the traffic enforcer! The other week, you do not have your ID and your nameplate on but the guard let you in when you flashed that crazy smile of yours to him! Mr. Kwon! Mr. Kwon who is infamous for beating anyone he caught sleeping in his class let Jaejoongie continue his little nap in the classroom when he smiled at him!" He said with much annoyance. "Who on earth will think this world is fair when he can getaway from anything with just a smile from him."

       "I didn't ask for them to fall for my wonderful smile." Jaejoong said flashing the same at Changmin. "I wonder why it work on you.." He said but didn't continue when he think he saw someone he knew enters the cafeteria. He searched his memory and there he found her. "It's the girl who wouldn't smile!" Jaejoong exclaimed and his friend hurriedly tried to see the girl which isn't that hard to do since they are in the topmost portion of their cafeteria. He called unto her, "Yah! Eri!"

       The girl stopped and looked around for the person who called her. She looked up and saw Jaejoong in the balcony with two other people that she doens't think she knew. The expression on her face changed. "Uh.. Annyeong Haseyo!" She said then run out of the cafeteria. What is he doing here!? She thought. He even called me by that damn fake name... Grrr! She run until she think that the guy won't be able to find him anymore. In her chest is a name plate and the name that is written there is clearly read as Kim Taeyeon.


        "Eri?" Yunho asked Jaejoong.

        "Yep, that's her name." Jaejoong said enthusiastically. "That's my unsmiling girl, Eri."

        "But that girl who have just ran away is our junior, Kim Taeyeon," Yunho informed him. "Maybe she's not the unsmiling girl."

        "Huh? Ani! I can't be wrong!" Jaejoong exclaimed. "She's she!"

        "Almost everyone in our department knows her because she transferred here in our school a bit late. Later than anyone." Changmin told Jaejoong. "I thought you know everyone in school? Every girl I mean."

        "The new girl?" Jaejoong asked. "I know it is Eri when I saw her entered!"

        "Here." Changmin hit his head once. Then twice. "Back to your senses yet?"

        "Aissh!" Jaejoong hissed then walked out to try and find the new girl.


        Taeyeon went to her class after lunch. Her classmate were very noisy chatting with each other but they went silent the moment that she entered the room. All eyes are on her. I don't care, She thought. She slumped on her seat.

         "Eri?" the girl sitting beside her said grinning at her. Taeyeon was taken aback. Why is she calling me by that name? The girl smirked and said, "You're so famous in the campus right now." She then winked at her. "I'm Lee Sunkyu but I hate my name... Please call me Sunny."

         "And I'm Tiffany!!!" the girl sitting in front of her exclaimed. Taeyeon just nodded but didn't say anything. "Kim Jaejoong was running after you!"

         "But why did he call you Eri instead of Taeyeon and why did you run away?" Sunny inquired.

         "Long story," Taeyeon replied.

         "Where are you staying?" Tiffany asked.

         "Dorm." Taeyeon said.

         "The School Dormitory?" She inquired again.

         "Ne."

          "Yey! We should be room mates!!!" Tiffany exclaimed happily. "I'll ask Ms. Song about it!"

          "Look," Taeyeon started. "If you think that I am close with that guy, you are wrong. I barely know him. If you want me to be your room mate because of him, you'll just be disappointed."

          "Ani." Tiffany said a little hurt. "I just thought that we'll get along well since we are both transferees, I want to be your friend."

          "You'll make such a good pair," Sunny said. "The new girls."

          "Sunny here will be our frined too!" Tiffany said happily hugging Taeyeon. 

          "Ahhh.. Okay." Taeyeon said with an awkward smile.