Two years later...

Loving You

 

Changmin took a casual sip of his latte and watched the exaggerated sway of a moving away from him, the coy smile from the owner of said telling him it was a purposeful move. He got a kick at the shin and scowled at the male sitting across him. Kyuhyun had his trademark smirk on and Changmin had to admit his friend looked alot better now that he'd quit the government force to open their private company.

 

It wasn't an easy start for either of them. Neither spoke about the incident after Sooyoung's death but they knew they'd loved the same girl under different circumstances. They held no grudge against each other--it wasn't the first time it'd happened-- but what they'd placed on the line was more intense than the childish crush of younger times.

 

They'd coped with the pain and loss in their own ways, throwing their focus in establishing their private agency back where civilization was more prominent and minor issues of fidelity requires their expertise. It was less challenging, but they were satisfied with the pace they were going and it helped that once in a while, their female clients came out single from the cases.

 

They'd dated casually over the years (what hot-blooded man wouldn't from the urges their body need?) but whenever a flash of a tall tan brunette brushes the corner of their view, they'd find their focus smack on her before releasing the breath they unconsciously held when it wasn't who  they wanted for it to be.

 

As Kyuhyun reached out for his iced tea, he yelped from the particularly  hard kick Changmin dealt him and was about to shove the table against him when Kyuhyun froze at the look on his face. It was the same look they wore when they thought(or rather stupidly hope) she'd pass them by, except Changmin had stopped breathing completely. Kyuhyun's breath hitched at the tears in Changmin's eyes and, almost afraid, turned his head carefully in the direction where his eyes were trained on...


Kyuhyun stilled.

 

Dark locks streaming past shoulders framed a small oval face with expressive wide eyes that glimmered with humor as her slightly nasal voice carried across the road to where they sat unmoving. It might have been a dream; they may be hallucinating, but when those achingly familiar face turned to stare directly at them with a smile bright enough that everything else seems to dim in comparison, they knew it couldn't be surreal.

 

Because no amount of dreaming or fantasizing could cause the girl to look at them in confusion, a lopsided smile still plastered to her face before she turned with a light chuckle and walk away, no sign of recognition clear on her face.