Truth

Loving You

 

"I haven't introduce myself proper. I'm Kim Jae Kyung, the one who'd contacted you both regardless of a job or informations of Changmin's whereabout." He addressed this separately to the two bewildered male still soaked to the bone in clothes that the rain has attached themselves to, with splotches of blood on Changmin's.

 

Sooyoung's blood, to be exact.

 

This wasn't the voice the book keeper used when he'd instructed him to where Sooyoung stayed. The old book keeper had a voice that came from too much smoking, not this lightly roughened yet refined one that he was using. This was the voice that puts him on missions that earned his title as the 'ghost assassin', the one who'd promise to find the killer for him if Changmin were to work under his instruction.

 

"Don't glare at me like that, both of you. I did my part in fulfilling what each of you wanted."

 

Kyuhyun grunted while Changmin snarled at him, fingers itching to hurl the porcelain  doll on the table beside him. He held in the urge, not because he didn't want to hurt another, but it was one of Sooyoung's favorite piece in the cottage they were back in. Changmin often thought this cottage has a life of its own, the way it has given him comfort the moment he stepped in but he knew differently now. It wasn't the house that was doing the trick. It was Sooyoung, the girl whose blood was stuck to the underside of his nails and clothes; the girl who was a murderer.


The girl whose death has bore a huge hole into his unfeeling heart.

 

"Changmin, I contacted you because I've heard of your case. I knew you wanted revenge and every mission I put you on to, you're destroying the clients that were funding the company that sent Sooyoung to kill you. As it is, they're on the verge of collapsing and their research was halted the moment money was limited. What Sooyoung didn't know was that the company her parents worked for are controlled by a group of power hungry  politician wanting to create the impossible. They were altering human genome that could increase one's ability to react in physical situation. Basically a superpower army. There were oppositions from the government body and Changmin, your dad was one of them." He didn't need to spell it all out for Changmin to connect the dots together.

 

"But why are you involved?" Kyuhyun croaked out, voice lost from screaming at the vast sea that swallowed Sooyoung along with its rage.

 

"You think it's easy to see your own family be controlled by a crooked bunch of bastards that dangles money for those who yearns for more? You think I didn't die slowly when the  news of my son and his wife getting shot for revenge travelled to me? You think I felt nothing when I saw my own granddaughter shoot herself with my own eyes before drowning in that damn sea?" The tears he'd held back was merciless as they slipped down the papery cheeks of the elderly.

 

Changmin thought he'd had all the surprises in a day. Apparently not.

 

"Changmin, I got you on this island for you to know Sooyoung personally and judge her without prejudice, to see the sweet girl who carried a scar that shouldn't be hers to carry in the first place. I hadn't expect for it to turn this way but Sooyoung had always been responsible. If killing herself would ease that guilt she'd harbored, as a grandfather who could only guard her from afar, I'm happy for her. Kyuhyun, I've been helping you on your search for Changmin because I wanted you to turn him around. Your concern and friendship with him was obvious enough. Seeing how it's turned out like this, you'd both need each other to get through this." He pushed exhausted body up shakily on skinny arms, the queer book keepers looking every bit his eighty-five of years, and maybe more, as he walked out in the pouring rain waving for the male standing guard by the door, wondering if his time was near to reunite with his loved ones up above.