Preparation for the Big Day

There is no right girl for Taeyang

 

Chapter 3:

 

            Taeyang and Seungri sit at the piano laughing and messing around, the elder making some kind of attempt to work while Seungri messes around. Surprisingly it is actually sounding pretty good for the amount of work they are putting into it. Seungri is happy to be hanging with his hyung again and that he’s smiling. He hadn’t seen him for so long and it to see him sulking. So to have him back to the cheerful hyung he’s used to is all that he could ask for. But because he’s Seungri he has to ask, “So what happened with Sun-young?” Taeyang gives him a ‘really maknae?’ look and sighs.

            “Is it really important?”
            “I’m just curious hyung.” Seungri flashes a smile that is hovering on the line between mischievous and innocent. Taeyang sighs and plays a few notes on the piano before responding.

            “Long story short.” Taeyang holds his neck for a second. “The three of us have been friends for a long time and I’ve liked her for much of that. The thing is I didn’t want to ruin our friendship so I didn’t do anything about it. Then since I’ve been so busy recently I couldn’t hang out as much.” A sad smile crosses his face. “Wasn’t much. But I was happy. Thought she was too.” Seungri watches as his expression goes dark. “For I knew it. She was dating our other friend and he’d show up when we were hanging out…next thing I know.” He sighs. “They’re getting married. And She’s asking to play at their wedding.” Seungri sits for a second in silence. Not knowing exactly what to say…

            “Hyung. I’ll go with you tomorrow.”

            “Why would you do that?”

            “Emotional support.”

            “See you there then?”